Share your dogs! | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Share your dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
file://localhost/Users/lizac2003/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2012/10/07/20121007-172242/CIMG0581.JPG
Oh man I am so sorry for your loss Bezz.......I dread the day so can only imagine how you feel. Remember how much she made you smile because that's what she wanted, to make you happy.
My Amber is now 9 and beginning to show some age......I walk with her all the time, mostly twice a day on the trails of a local park and others and do not want it to end......sincerely don't know why but am scared of the day because she is family and beyond.
Hope the pain goes away, I do feel for you!!

She woke up about 2 1/2 years ago whining in pain and could not walk at the age of 6 1/2 and we had no idea......took her to the vets immediately and they only knew she was very sore on her backbone and it could be tumors or something but they could not tell......only way to tell was to bring her to Tufts in No Grafton MA and pay over 2K just to find out.......as many of you know 2K is nothing for family but we were so scared........we left her and they said they would run tests and take an MRI and all and call us late night........my wife, son and I cried all the way home fearing the worst and when the phone rang at about 11:30pm I was scared to answer.......doctor said good news/bad news double herniated discs and it can be surgically repaired but the cost......stop there because it doesn't matter what the cost is for a loved one right? It was a painful ordeal as she stayed for a week and was there with her in her cage after a 1 1/2 hour ride after work every night until they kicked me out.......I had to be!!.......had to walk her with a sling for a couple months but low and behold she's still running, walking and acting like a puppy almost 3 years later........They are worth everything because they love you to death!!! So that's why we do the same I guess........wish they lived as long or longer because they deserve it more than us.............
All righhttt !! Great story, mau!

Reaction Score
My 2 year old Bode. Rescue from the mean streets of Providence.

197725_654981245497_7142783_n.jpg

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear for the loss of your pet Bezz. I too lost a good buddy last Friday. Gracie was 11 1/2. She was bat crazy but we loved her to pieces. Husky games on the couch wont ever be exactly the same.

Attachments

• lw9wknn.jpg
    lw9wknn.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 35
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear for the loss of your pet Bezz. I too lost a good buddy last Friday. Gracie was 11 1/2. She was bat crazy but we loved her to pieces. Husky games on the couch wont ever be exactly the same.

Sorry for your loss UC313.........

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This is Stitch. He's not even mine, but he's the best dog I've ever had. He lives at my daughter's house, and they think he's theirs. But he knows he's Grandpa's dog. He knows when it's Wednesday evening and we're coming over for supper. Sits at the front door and waits for grandpa to get there.

Unfortunately, this is an old picture, when he was still healthy. Now he's dying of cancer. He's been on borrowed time since November. He was given 6 months to live this time last year, and he's still here. He still goes out and chases the soccer ball around, but you've got to toss it kind of easy. If it goes too far, he doesn't have the energy any more. Not looking forward to the inevitable.

stitch.jpg
I actually lost my first corgi to cancer. Sucked (basket)balls.

It took me awhile, but I finally got another in his honor. This is Gemma.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370908488.261086.jpg

Just had her flown in from Mississippi last week and am already in love!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
But not quite like it used to...
. View attachment 3060
Springer? That's what I've got (3 y/o female). Looks like yours may be a Field dog, too (i.e., not a Bench dog)?

Great dog.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic later.

Reaction Score
Springer? That's what I've got (3 y/o female). Looks like yours may be a Field dog, too (i.e., not a Bench dog)?

Great dog.

I'll see if I can figure out how to post a pic later.

Brittany actually. Mason just turned 8 (but that picture is from a few years ago, the one above it this year). Awesome dog. TONS of energy.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Sorry Bezzz and UC313 for your recent losses.

It's amazing how we continue to gravitate towards the companionship of an animal that can have as little as 1/10th the lifespan of us. A real testament to the joy they bring to our lives.

These are my two pups out on the Housatonic with us this weekend. Norah is almost 5 and the new girl Georgie is almost 1. Both rescues from the midwest. Can't imagine losing them.

601695_879925739786_22083461_n.jpg

And here's one right after we got her.
558971_10100958611302151_1056242001_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Great pics tykurez........:D....bring'em everywhere you can!!

Even have a spot in my office on occasion for my girl....the CS staff loves her......but sometimes we leave her home and that blows but she's pampered!! Should've had another one like you but too late......don't want to ruin her last few years!!

Reaction Score
For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to upload images to this thing. I have a Flickr account and cannot seem to get that to work. What does everyone use?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I love dogs so much. I grew up with dogs; my first was brought in by my dad's girlfriend at the time (now my stepmother); a black lab named Cinder. He was awesome. My three sisters and I lived with my mother, but we would get to spend time at my father's once a week or so. Mornings before he left for work, he would tell Cinder that the four of us were coming over. Cinder loved us, and when he would hear my dad coming home that evening, he would run to the garage door and sit there, waiting for us. One day, my father forgot to pick us up on the way home! He walked in the door, saw Cinder waiting there, realized his mistake and turned back around to get us. Cinder was a little anxious, but kept waiting in that spot until we got there. Loved that dog so much. It was heartbreaking saying goodbye to him in middle school.

My fiance and I live in an apartment with no pets right now; we're hoping to buy a house within the next 6 months or so. Luckily, she loves dogs almost as much as I do. So our first task will be to head down to the local shelter to find a new family member.

Reaction Score
file://localhost/Users/lizac2003/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2012/10/07/20121007-172242/CIMG0581.JPG
Oh man I am so sorry for your loss Bezz.......I dread the day so can only imagine how you feel. Remember how much she made you smile because that's what she wanted, to make you happy.
My Amber is now 9 and beginning to show some age......I walk with her all the time, mostly twice a day on the trails of a local park and others and do not want it to end......sincerely don't know why but am scared of the day because she is family and beyond.
Hope the pain goes away, I do feel for you!!

She woke up about 2 1/2 years ago whining in pain and could not walk at the age of 6 1/2 and we had no idea......took her to the vets immediately and they only knew she was very sore on her backbone and it could be tumors or something but they could not tell......only way to tell was to bring her to Tufts in No Grafton MA and pay over 2K just to find out.......as many of you know 2K is nothing for family but we were so scared........we left her and they said they would run tests and take an MRI and all and call us late night........my wife, son and I cried all the way home fearing the worst and when the phone rang at about 11:30pm I was scared to answer.......doctor said good news/bad news double herniated discs and it can be surgically repaired but the cost......stop there because it doesn't matter what the cost is for a loved one right? It was a painful ordeal as she stayed for a week and was there with her in her cage after a 1 1/2 hour ride after work every night until they kicked me out.......I had to be!!.......had to walk her with a sling for a couple months but low and behold she's still running, walking and acting like a puppy almost 3 years later........They are worth everything because they love you to death!!! So that's why we do the same I guess........wish they lived as long or longer because they deserve it more than us.............

Towards the end with The Rogers, I had to bring him to Tufts as well. It was also about an hour and 15 away. Left work at 3 and came home at 9 everyday. The doctors did 2 biopsys but both test showed inconclusive in terms of malignancy. The Rogers was here for 10 days and got strong enough to go home. He passed 3 days after when food would not digest. He and Alex (lab) were by my side through my divorce and when I was severely ill. My son really wants a pet but I can't do it anymore. I'm glad my son and The Rogers crossed paths though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Towards the end with The Rogers, I had to bring him to Tufts as well. It was also about an hour and 15 away. Left work at 3 and came home at 9 everyday. The doctors did 2 biopsys but both test showed inconclusive in terms of malignancy. The Rogers was here for 10 days and got strong enough to go home. He passed 3 days after when food would not digest. He and Alex (lab) were by my side through my divorce and when I was severely ill. My son really wants a pet but I can't do it anymore. I'm glad my son and The Rogers crossed paths though.

Your son has got to know the feeling to have a dog, tho. How old is he?

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Stitch is gone. Passed this morning. Last few days were very tough on him, but last night, he seemed to have some renewed energy. Even went out for a short walk around the yard. Know he was hurting for the past few months, and glad the suffering's over, but damn, I'm going to miss that dog.
2stitch.jpg

Reaction Score
So sorry for your loss Rich.

When my dog was a puppy I couldn't wait for her to "grow up" so she would calm down a bit. Now that she's "middle-aged", I wish time would stop because I don't even want to think about what will inevitably come.

Reaction Score
Stitch is gone. Passed this morning. Last few days were very tough on him, but last night, he seemed to have some renewed energy. Even went out for a short walk around the yard. Know he was hurting for the past few months, and glad the suffering's over, but damn, I'm going to miss that dog.

So sorry to hear that.

Reaction Score
2stitch.jpg

Damn RichZ sorry ........beautiful dog. I like this thread because you know you're not alone in your feelings but hate it also because of the obvious!!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
2stitch.jpg

2096_zpsbdb37d07.jpg

Cool dogs need to stick together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members