Share your dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
img0270hs.jpg

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
This is Boomer. He's my best bud and snores more loudly than I do when he sleeps like this (which is most of the time), much to the chagrin of my wife.
My avatar is Festus, One of Boomers predecessors. He's been gone many years but I know he's keeping my Dad company and waiting for me up there.
Boomer_on_back.jpg

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Maggie6-3-13_zps502e3829.jpg

This is Maggie. She is an awesome dog. The third in a line of Golden's that have been shedding up a storm in our house.
After we lost the second of our dynamic duo, Max and Ginger,it was a while before we were ready to start with another one,
but am very glad we did.

Reaction Score
2012-05-21_12-02-01_557.jpg

Sorry to hear about your loss. I don't have dog but I'd like to share a pic of Cali. My gf and I picked her up at a shelter after the loss of her other cat Maggie to a sudden illness. We got Cali a little too soon after Maggies passing and it was upsetting my gf.

I didn't think it was fair to take Cali back to the shelter. It wasn't her fault. So I took her in. And shes been with me ever since. I adore this freaking hair ball. And I've traditionally been a dog person.

p.s. gf aint getting her back :)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This is Stitch. He's not even mine, but he's the best dog I've ever had. He lives at my daughter's house, and they think he's theirs. But he knows he's Grandpa's dog. He knows when it's Wednesday evening and we're coming over for supper. Sits at the front door and waits for grandpa to get there.

Unfortunately, this is an old picture, when he was still healthy. Now he's dying of cancer. He's been on borrowed time since November. He was given 6 months to live this time last year, and he's still here. He still goes out and chases the soccer ball around, but you've got to toss it kind of easy. If it goes too far, he doesn't have the energy any more. Not looking forward to the inevitable.

stitch.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is Stitch. He's not even mine, but he's the best dog I've ever had. He lives at my daughter's house, and they think he's theirs. But he knows he's Grandpa's dog. He knows when it's Wednesday evening and we're coming over for supper. Sits at the front door and waits for grandpa to get there.

Unfortunately, this is an old picture, when he was still healthy. Now he's dying of cancer. He's been on borrowed time since November. He was given 6 months to live this time last year, and he's still here. He still goes out and chases the soccer ball around, but you've got to toss it kind of easy. If it goes too far, he doesn't have the energy any more. Not looking forward to the inevitable.

stitch.jpg
Been there. It's tough.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Most all dogs are great. I'm partial to labs as my former lab died at only 7 from cancer. My current lab, Zeus, can bee seen in my avatar jumping in to the pool. He's awesome.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Ha... another Black Lab named Kemba! Mine's a rescue from Arkansas on the 1st page of this thread.
Great minds think a like.

Not sure what I love more, when Uconn Basketball fans find out I named her Kemba, or when people who have never heard of Kemba Walker find out I named her Kemba. I know you know what I'm talking about.

Reaction Score
I remember telling people right after we won the 5 games in 5 days that if we somehow won a national title, I would name my firstborn child Kemba. I probably won't be able to stick to my word on that one, but my next dog will absolutely be named after #15.

Reaction Score
This is Boomer. He's my best bud and snores more loudly than I do when he sleeps like this (which is most of the time), much to the chagrin of my wife.
My avatar is Festus, One of Boomers predecessors. He's been gone many years but I know he's keeping my Dad company and waiting for me up there. View attachment 3045
Our little guys have similar sleeping positions and the snoring is very loud

image.jpg

Reaction Score
A more "normal" one of our little girl. She's 4. Sorry for your loss I know how awful it is having lost a dog of 16 years about 6 years ago.

image.jpg

Reaction Score
file://localhost/Users/lizac2003/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Masters/2012/10/07/20121007-172242/CIMG0581.JPG
Oh man I am so sorry for your loss Bezz.......I dread the day so can only imagine how you feel. Remember how much she made you smile because that's what she wanted, to make you happy.
My Amber is now 9 and beginning to show some age......I walk with her all the time, mostly twice a day on the trails of a local park and others and do not want it to end......sincerely don't know why but am scared of the day because she is family and beyond.
Hope the pain goes away, I do feel for you!!

She woke up about 2 1/2 years ago whining in pain and could not walk at the age of 6 1/2 and we had no idea......took her to the vets immediately and they only knew she was very sore on her backbone and it could be tumors or something but they could not tell......only way to tell was to bring her to Tufts in No Grafton MA and pay over 2K just to find out.......as many of you know 2K is nothing for family but we were so scared........we left her and they said they would run tests and take an MRI and all and call us late night........my wife, son and I cried all the way home fearing the worst and when the phone rang at about 11:30pm I was scared to answer.......doctor said good news/bad news double herniated discs and it can be surgically repaired but the cost......stop there because it doesn't matter what the cost is for a loved one right? It was a painful ordeal as she stayed for a week and was there with her in her cage after a 1 1/2 hour ride after work every night until they kicked me out.......I had to be!!.......had to walk her with a sling for a couple months but low and behold she's still running, walking and acting like a puppy almost 3 years later........They are worth everything because they love you to death!!! So that's why we do the same I guess........wish they lived as long or longer because they deserve it more than us.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom