Shabazz Napier Draft Decision | The Boneyard

Shabazz Napier Draft Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@AmoreCourant: Shabazz Napier says he will made decision regarding draft April 25 or 26 #uconnmen

Also Boatright:
@AmoreCourant: Ryan boatright says he will make decision in day or two. Belief is he is staying" #UConnmen

Reaction Score
I thought any decesion to enter the draft needed to be made by today.

Reaction Score
@GavinKeefe: Coach Ollie on the status of Boatright and Napier: "I still think they're hopefully going to be back (next season)." #UConn

Reaction Score
Let's just hope this doesn't lead to a press conference. Nobody has every called one to state they are staying.

Reaction Score
I thought any decesion to enter the draft needed to be made by today.

The NCAA deadline to withdraw from the draft & still be eligible next season is today, April 16th, provided they didn't sign with an agent. The NBA has it's own rules to declare. Early entries must declare by April 28th. The NBA & NCAA doesn't work together with their rules. So anyone who declares after April 16th, has no option to return next season.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Let's just hope this doesn't lead to a press conference. Nobody has every called one to state they are staying.

Didn't Rip have one to announce he was staying? I could be wrong.

But ya, can't think of any other than that one.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I saw pictures of the ground breaking ceremony and coach Ollie and coach Auriemma both chose one player to take part in the ceremony. Boat and Kallena Mosqueda-Lewis were the chosen players. Why not Bazz? He should be the one Ollie should have chosen since he is the head captain of the team. Could this mean he is not returning next season?

Reaction Score
Didn't Rip have one to announce he was staying? I could be wrong.

But ya, can't think of any other than that one.
Yes Rip did, I remember being on the old AOL board waiting to hear what way he was going.

Reaction Score

I know it's not UConn, but after Florida's first national championship, I'm pretty sure Joakim Noah, Al Horford, and Corey Brewer held a press conference and announced they were returning.

I'm optimistic that Shabazz will return - The fact that he's waiting that long (week and a half) implies that he hasn't quite made his mind up though.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I saw pictures of the ground breaking ceremony and coach Ollie and coach Auriemma both chose one player to take part in the ceremony. Boat and Kallena Mosqueda-Lewis were the chosen players. Why not Bazz? He should be the one Ollie should have chosen since he is the head captain of the team. Could this mean he is not returning next season?
Or he was in class

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
If he is waiting until the 26th I think it is most likely so he will know everyone else that will be entering early. Then they can try to figure out exactly where he might go. I imagine he is very borderline 1st round at this point and certain kids throwing their hats in could push him out.

Reaction Score

My guess is... both Boat & MKL will be Seniors and potentially captains when it opens for practice for the 2014-2015 season. Shabazz will have graduated by then.

Reaction Score
I think in both cases for the men and women they chose Sophomores as they would actually be on campus when the facility is open. Even if Bazz comes back he will not be using the facility as he will have graduated by the time it opens. It seems to make sense to have players from the class that will be the first to use the practice facilities.

Reaction Score
Shabazz won't be a first round pick, I would also make a substantial wager he's coming back.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Shabazz won't be a first round pick, I would also make a substantial wager he's coming back.

Agree with you. Every mock draft has him last 2nd round to undrafted if he leaves this year. He's a solid player and I think he'd have a decent shot if he did declare, but I think he knows that he's better off coming back for one more year. I hope so anyways...

Reaction Score
Borderline 2nd rounder, and he can't even work out for teams until ???? So, how does his stock go up?
How could anyone advise him to go, especially as he will likely be much healthier next year and coming off a more successful/tournament team of which he will be the leader.

Reaction Score
Napier was at the Groundbreaking & Boatright commented on his future, as well:
"UConn's backcourt of Ryan Boatright and Shabazz Napier were among those at the ceremonial ground-breaking for the new UConn basketball training facility on Tuesday.
Both were asked if they would be around long enough to use it, or would they be looking to make the jump to theNBA sooner rather than later.
Boatright said he will make decision in day or two about whether he will leave early and declare for the NBA Draft, but the belief is that he is staying. Napier said he will make a decision regarding the draft on April 25 or 26."

Reaction Score
If he is waiting until the 26th I think it is most likely so he will know everyone else that will be entering early. Then they can try to figure out exactly where he might go. I imagine he is very borderline 1st round at this point and certain kids throwing their hats in could push him out.
I saw a post on twitter that said every kid in the mock draft top 30 has declared except for 2. So Bazz doesnt get any help there. He is a borderline second round pick at best right now. And if he was still in that walking boot he can't go all out to impress NBA teams in any workouts.

Reaction Score
If SN doesn't come back are there and wings or Guards we can get to help out? We would only have OC, TS, RB, and NG to cover the 1,2, and 3 spot. I mean DD can come over but I'm sure we would prefer to keep him at the 4. I would hope we can pick someone up. I'm little worried about SN. No mention of DD so I'm guessing he is definitely coming back. RB would be foolish to not come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom