SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 56 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of,salt... but 2 national guys told me that all signs point to 2017. That reclassification is a local thing and they are not hearing this talk

That is odd considering the latest is from his mouth, so it was/is at least being considered by Diallo. Of course in this case, local CT recruiting guys may trump national recruiting guys considering Diallo is as local as it gets for UConn (aside from Olander).

Reaction Score
That is odd considering the latest is from his mouth, so it was/is at least being considered by Diallo. Of course in this case, local CT recruiting guys may trump national recruiting guys considering Diallo is as local as it gets for UConn (aside from Olander).

Could be very true. Just passing on what I heard

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
From that photo, they don't look very impressed with the quality of play at the game and are thinking, "I can start right now over any of these guys."

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
From that photo, they don't look very impressed with the quality of play at the game and are thinking, "I can start right now over any of these guys."

Reaction Score

Huge huge jump.man... could have been a timeout

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
You must be new at this.

I've been part of the boneyard or its earlier incarnations for 15 + years. Not new to this, just astounded that people value something a recruiting "expert" says over a direct quote from a kid.

Reaction Score
I've been part of the boneyard or its earlier incarnations for 15 + years. Not new to this, just astounded that people value something a recruiting "expert" says over a direct quote from a kid.

But Ca, he wasn't questioning. Just giving us what he heard. And for one, I would like him to continue doing that.

Bruce was asking not how long you been on the board but do you understand what 99 was doing by now.

Reaction Score

And what about Diallo's direct quote makes you think he's reclassing? The "I'm not totally sure" or the "I'm leaning toward 2017"?

Thanks for the insight, 99. Most of us appreciate it.

Reaction Score

Do you understand what "take with a grain of salt" means

Is it possible the kid is trying to ditch the reporter at the game. Do you say the 100% truth every time. Did Harris and Selby family really have car issues.

Reaction Score
Do you understand what "take with a grain of salt" means

Is it possible the kid is trying to ditch the reporter at the game. Do you say the 100% truth every time. Did Harris and Selby family really have car issues.

It blows my mind that people still take public statements from these kids at face value. How much more evidence do we need to see?

Reaction Score
I think ultimately he stays '17 and comes here. No one truly knows, though. I do think if he comes next year it would be a clogged 1-3 because I see Purvis and Hamilton both declaring for the draft but returning after the combine and finding out their not-so-great draft status. That would mean Adams, Gilbert, Purvis, Hamilton, Larrier and Diallo if he were to reclassify (also Cassell, who will be *gulp* 25 years old when he graduates next spring). Great to have that problem but all those guys I just mentioned (with the exception of Cassell) need 20-25+ min a night.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
6 guys, three positions. Tough fit. If Purvis leaves, no problem

Reaction Score
6 guys, three positions. Tough fit. If Purvis leaves, no problem

Exactly. If Purvis leaves, our guards are pretty much only Gilbert and Adams. Diallo could potentially start at the 3 if Ollie wants to go small or be the first off the bench. Either way, if Purvis does stay then it's in Diallo's best interest to stay in '17.

Reaction Score
HAMIDOU DIALLO, SG, PUTNAM SCIENCE ACADEMY, 2017: At the half, the box score read three points off of 1-of-7 shooting from the field, seven rebounds, two turnovers, and two fouls. With his team nearly knotted up, Diallo took over and quickly. He played with aggressiveness, showed off his elite athleticism at the basket, knocked down mid-range jumper near the baseline region, and was a menace out atop of the half-court press defense. Before it was all over with, Diallo saw his stat line read 30 points off of 10-of-17 shooting from the field, 11 rebounds, and three assists. Passion and intensity is never an issue with the New Yorker and with a 28-point second half in front of Kentucky head coach John Calipari, the 6-foot-6 wing continues to show that he is on the upward trajectory with his game who compares favorably to Toronto Raptors star guard DeMar DeRozan.

http://www.hoopseen.com/index.php/n...lassic-diallo-brown-bamba-dominate-at-day-two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom