SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 45 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

Part of Andre's charm is he is a genuine very nice kid, who enjoys doing all the kid's stuff both good and sometimes silly. He has a good heart and is a good person. True, he is a millionaire and a star now and is taking in all the exposures and experiences that offers on a national level.
Calhoun would probably wish for a mean streak in Andre to come out a little more in games - but he is so strong - he doesn't need that as much as let's say Jeff did. The one thing he really needs though is focus on getting better - a young guy can not have too much of that.

Reaction Score
Part of Andre's charm is he is a genuine very nice kid, who enjoys doing all the kid's stuff both good and sometimes silly. He has a good heart and is a good person. True, he is a millionaire and a star now and is taking in all the exposures and experiences that offers on a national level.
Calhoun would probably wish for a mean streak in Andre to come out a little more in games - but he is so strong - he doesn't need that as much as let's say Jeff did. The one thing he really needs though is focus on getting better - a young guy can not have too much of that.
He also needs to stop all the partying with you, if he cuts that out he's a guaranteed all-star this upcoming season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Chief...why was this posted in a Hamidou Diallo thread?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
UConnMBB been following him on Twitter for a while. Only recruit they have followed. Why?

Reaction Score
UConnMBB been following him on Twitter for a while. Only recruit they have followed. Why?

I can't help but think Hamidou may have given UConn a silent commitment the more I think about it...

The fact that we may only have 3 guards next year (adams, gilbert, cassell) and didn't seem to push hard for Powell leads me to believe we may have something up our sleeve. Possible commit and reclassify to '16.

Wishful thinking on my part, but all this does not add up....in a good way.

Reaction Score
I can't help but think Hamidou may have given UConn a silent commitment the more I think about it...

The fact that we may only have 3 guards next year (adams, gilbert, cassell) and didn't seem to push hard for Powell leads me to believe we may have something up our sleeve. Possible commit and reclassify to '16.

Wishful thinking on my part, but all this does not add up....in a good way.

More than a few of us on here have the same feeling. Oz and many of the recruiting experts also think he's ours. Hope we're all right.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
More than a few of us on here have the same feeling. Oz and many of the recruiting experts also think he's ours. Hope we're all right.

I never like this strategy. Recruiting is so fluid, you should keep all irons in the fire until the last minute. jmo

Hope we get the kid though.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I never like this strategy. Recruiting is so fluid, you should keep all irons in the fire until the last minute.
I get this and don't really disagree. But one thing we've seen from KO so far is that when he really bonds with a kid - Omar, Facey, Hamilton, Adams - he gets him, and keeps him even when the Louisvilles, Syracuses and UCLAs of the world get involved.

We should all remember that Adams only committed after Louisville offered, so for some kids, it's important to have a few particular invites to the prom before you go with the date you knew you were taking all along.

Let's hope that's what's happening with Diallo.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I get this and don't really disagree. But one thing we've seen from KO so far is that when he really bonds with a kid - Omar, Facey, Hamilton, Adams - he gets him, and keeps him even when the Louisvilles, Syracuses and UCLAs of the world get involved.

We should all remember that Adams only committed after Louisville offered, so for some kids, it's important to have a few particular invites to the prom before you go with the date you knew you were taking all along.

Let's hope that's what's happening with Diallo.

Good point. And on the converse to my previous post, continual recruiting after the commitment probably contributed to Prince Ali backing out.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Good point. And on the converse to my previous post, continual recruiting after the commitment probably contributed to Prince Ali backing out.
No doubt. A harsh lesson to learn, but at least KO learned it about a guy at a spot that we have well covered.

Reaction Score
I remember the last time Cal came to CT to try and nab a 5* stud from us, a recruit by the name of Andre Drummond...... Cal had no shot with Drummond and has no shot with Diallo. As Oz has said Diallo is UCONN's

Reaction Score
My sources indicate that if he receives an offer from Duke he's going there...if not we should be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom