SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 55 | The Boneyard

SG Hamidou Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Based on the people who know UConn bball insiders, he is considered a lock.
Because they follow him on Twitter? Or you have information the rest of us done.

Reaction Score
Because they follow him on Twitter? Or you have information the rest of us done.
The member named OZ on the other board is close to the staff including KO and he is the one saying is close to a lock not some random fans who heard rumors.

Reaction Score
Definitely not a lock, especially if Under Armour U is involved.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he is currently planning to come to UConn and is deciding on 2016 or 2017 depending on whether Purvis and/or DHam leave after this year.

Reaction Score
I am usually a 'glass half full' guy (it's the bottle of Barolo that becomes half or more empty), but (and I know he's a kid) if he visits Miami, Florida and FSU during the Winter that glass is doing fine - if he visits Kansas and/or Cuse in the bleak dark friggin' cold Winter that glass is looking more empty than full.

Reaction Score
they're sitting next to each other behind the bench with maybe mamadou's younger brother?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

He's reclassifying. Have never bought in to him waiting till 2017. I know absolutely nothing but I bet he's in 2016 class eventually.

Reaction Score
He's reclassifying. Have never bought in to him waiting till 2017. I know absolutely nothing but I bet he's in 2016 class eventually.

If I had to make a bet, I'd say he's reclassifying too. But I'm not sure how much he'll play at UConn as a freshman if he does reclassify.

Reaction Score
CardiacAndre7 said:
Kid is top 10, if he doesn't start, he gets atleast 20 mins per game

I don't think that's guaranteed. He's a superathletic wing who dominates physically. I don't know how polished his game is and I don't think he's much of a shooter. Depends who's here.

Reaction Score
Sounds a little less sure than he did before about sticking in 2017.

Optimistic theory: He's set on coming to UConn, but is waiting on the decisions of Purvis and/or DHam before deciding which year he wants to come. If Purvis leaves, there are major minutes at the 2 available for him. If everyone comes back, it'll be a very crowded backcourt.

Reaction Score

Optimistic theory: He's set on coming to UConn, but is waiting on the decisions of Purvis and/or DHam before deciding which year he wants to come. If Purvis leaves, there are major minutes at the 2 available for him. If everyone comes back, it'll be a very crowded backcourt.
Gah I hope it's not so optimistic it's unrealistic, because that scenario is what I am also hoping for!

Reaction Score

Well we know DHam isn't leaving, I'm thinking there is a good chance Rodney is leaving to get some Euros.

Reaction Score
Kid is top 10, if he doesn't start, he gets atleast 20 mins per game

If everyone returns, I'm not sure if he'll even see 15 minutes. Adams will be ahead of him and Purvis will be ahead of him. And I think Gilbert will be the first guard off the bench.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Well we know DHam isn't leaving, I'm thinking there is a good chance Rodney is leaving to get some Euros.
Depends on how they feel. I can see them both staying. I can see them both going. Diallo will get time if he comes here. Would learn a lot and not thrown into it

Reaction Score
Depends on how they feel. I can see them both staying. I can see them both going. Diallo will get time if he comes here. Would learn a lot and not thrown into it

Hamilton is not going anywhere. Purvis, I'm not sure yet. He's graduating in May so he'd need to enroll in grad school to play next year. He could make a ton of money overseas but if he wants an NBA shot I think his best bet is to come back for his senior season.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't think we lose anyone to the draft this offseason.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's guaranteed. He's a superathletic wing who dominates physically. I don't know how polished his game is and I don't think he's much of a shooter. Depends who's here.

Agreed. While an incredibly gifted athlete, he's still a bit raw. Would definitely benefit from another year of developing his game before jumping to the next level. He plays with tremendous passion, but also has a tendency to let the opposition get in his head. Another year at PSA should also help his maturity.

Reaction Score
Take with a grain of,salt... but 2 national guys told me that all signs point to 2017. That reclassification is a local thing and they are not hearing this talk

Reaction Score
Is it factual from Purvis himself that he is even considering staying next year or is that just fan speculation because he has eligibility left? The statements attributable to him as quotes in the Aug Sept time frame seemed to make it clear he was planning on moving on. How the torch was being passed and it would be Adam's Team next year etc. There were 4 or 5 statements he made that seemed quite clear and not dependent on nba draft or anything else. I haven't got the energy to find the posts but my recollection it was in the period that posters were complimenting Purvis and Drummond as excellent ambassadors in our recruiting process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom