SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 51 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
He may fill out more but he has been listed as 6'7 or 6'8 for years now so I wouldn't think in terms of more height. He has the intelligent play attributes of Giffey, as well as the 3 pt shot of Sr yr Giffey. A great team player addition but I don't even see the beginnings of comparisons to Donyell. What a nucleus of likely multi year players we have.

I haven't paid attention to whether the teams going to Hoophall this year are already announced, but with Josh Jackson on the team, I bet we will get to see Vance Jackson in person in Springfield in Jan. Also looking forward to Putnam Science games up here vs Brewster with Alpha Diallo, Tauren Thompson etc, and maybe New Hampton & Tilton. Give us some guard depth and we are in the running.

Looking at the high school ranks there is not much left at guard that we have a known shot at. Is Saul Phiri at Worcester Academy a good enough player to help? I haven't seen him. I don't remember Assante Gist of Roselle Catholic, and only have a vague recollection of Ian Sistare from Northfield Mt Herman, but he seemed serviceable as I recall. They are all ranked in the 200's but might be adequate 4th or 5th guards off the bench. Doubtful we are going to any of them, but are they good enough to help depth if their names come up?

If Phiri has a good senior season, he could be an interesting name to watch.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Is Saul Phiri at Worcester Academy a good enough player to help? I haven't seen him. I don't remember Assante Gist of Roselle Catholic, and only have a vague recollection of Ian Sistare from Northfield Mt Herman, but he seemed serviceable as I recall. They are all ranked in the 200's but might be adequate 4th or 5th guards off the bench. Doubtful we are going to any of them, but are they good enough to help depth if their names come up?
I had the same thought re: Phiri & Sistare.

Reaction Score
There is no way of telling what Vance is going to turn out to based on some video people have watched. Even after plenty of in-person scouting the pros don't know what they are getting in a player until they show up and start playing.

I submit as an example the Celtics, who this year drafter R.J. Hunter out of Georgia State and all reports were that they weren't expecting much more than a 3-pt shooter to expand the offense. Now Brad Stevens is surprised in what he has. From yesterday's Boston Globe:

RJ.png

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
He may fill out more but he has been listed as 6'7 or 6'8 for years now so I wouldn't think in terms of more height. He has the intelligent play attributes of Giffey, as well as the 3 pt shot of Sr yr Giffey. A great team player addition but I don't even see the beginnings of comparisons to Donyell. What a nucleus of likely multi year players we have.

I haven't paid attention to whether the teams going to Hoophall this year are already announced, but with Josh Jackson on the team, I bet we will get to see Vance Jackson in person in Springfield in Jan. Also looking forward to Putnam Science games up here vs Brewster with Alpha Diallo, Tauren Thompson etc, and maybe New Hampton & Tilton. Give us some guard depth and we are in the running.

Looking at the high school ranks there is not much left at guard that we have a known shot at. Is Saul Phiri at Worcester Academy a good enough player to help? I haven't seen him. I don't remember Assante Gist of Roselle Catholic, and only have a vague recollection of Ian Sistare from Northfield Mt Herman, but he seemed serviceable as I recall. They are all ranked in the 200's but might be adequate 4th or 5th guards off the bench. Doubtful we are going to any of them, but are they good enough to help depth if their names come up?
If Phiri has a good senior season, he could be an interesting name to watch.
I had the same thought re: Phiri & Sistare.
I love that there are posters with a pulse on high school talent. Thanks for the information.

Reaction Score
The game Ollie was ejected...

That game mad me ANGRY!

On a separate note people talking about him growing and such. Standing next to KO he looked pretty tall. KO is a legit 6'3 and he towered over him

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
The game Ollie was ejected...

I was at that game with my wife. I've been to a lot of games as a student and as an alum. Outside of the Nova - UConn game in '06, I don't think I've heard Gampel louder than it was after KO got ejected. I think what really fueled the crowd, other than the absolutely absurd double tech, was how proud everyone was that KO was standing his ground to protect his player (Giffey)... plus the stare down with the turd that ejected him was fantastic.

KO.jpg

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Hey @tcf15, unless I'm looking at the wrong page, I believe 247 now has UConn at #3 overall ahead of FSU at #4 for their 2016 class rankings. Might want to update the "Commit Profiles & News" thread.

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I follow Vance on snapchat and he always posts random videos/pictures of him doing things. No joke he has been wearing a UConn sweatshirt in every single picture/video he's posted since he committed on Friday. I think that he might sleep in the thing. The kid for sure has 10 toes in.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I follow Vance on snapchat and he always posts random videos/pictures of him doing things. No joke he has been wearing a UConn sweatshirt in every single picture/video he's posted since he committed on Friday. I think that he might sleep in the thing. The kid for sure has 10 toes in.
What's his snap?

Reaction Score
Via his Snapchat.. he's at a hospital in San Fran getting an MRI. I don't know the specifics of the injury. He took a snap of his feet. His left foot didn't have a shoe on. So maybe it's his foot. Hopefully he's ok.

Reaction Score
Via his Snapchat.. he's at a hospital in San Fran getting an MRI. I don't know the specifics of the injury. He took a snap of his feet. His left foot didn't have a shoe on. So maybe it's his foot. Hopefully he's ok.
Oh man, hope he's alright. Hope it's not a stress fracture.

Reaction Score
Hopefully nothing serious. It would be a real shame for our best recruiting class in a while to be derailed by injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom