SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 44 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not kidding at all. There will be approximately 100 posts celebrating and then the thread will slowly go to the back burner occasionally resurfacing as posters like tcf post his accomplishments. The threads get unwieldy as people stress out over the decision making of a recruit. If Vance didn't indicate a timeline this thread would have pushed limits. Since his proclamation of an announcement the numbers of posts dramatically declined.
The worst time on this board may have been the recruiting of Brandon Bass. We didn't have nearly the number of posters that we have today but we made up for it with redundancy.

Reaction Score
So Donny is less heralded than Ashmeade or Fair and yet had a much greater impact! Shows you that not only is recruiting fluid but development and accomplishments also appears fluid.
I recall Ashmeade being a big deal, but definitely never lived up to that. I suspect Brian Fair was ranked higher because of his unreal shooting touch. He just wasn't tall enough or athletic enough to translate that consistently to the college level. In HS, though, that kind of shooting touch would rank you pretty damned high.

Reaction Score
I recall Ashmeade being a big deal, but definitely never lived up to that. I suspect Brian Fair was ranked higher because of his unreal shooting touch. He just wasn't tall enough or athletic enough to translate that consistently to the college level. In HS, though, that kind of shooting touch would rank you pretty damned high.

From my memory, Ashmeade was a huge get at the time as he was the first 4* ish recruit to commit to us. No one expected that we would add player after player after that. Rudy was considered the jewel of the class until Donyell came along. I think Rudy was ranked #19 at one point.

Reaction Score
From my memory, Ashmeade was a huge get at the time as he was the first 4* ish recruit to commit to us. No one expected that we would add player after player after that. Rudy was considered the jewel of the class until Donyell came along. I think Rudy was ranked #19 at one point.
Weren't Chris Smith and Scott Burrell 4 star recruits?

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Does anyone else but me wish this kid lived in Europe instead of the West coast?

Well, , I totally forgot about that... now my hopes are dashed for at least seeing the announcement while I'm at work. Maybe I'll get some work done today now. Maybe.

Reaction Score
Weren't Chris Smith and Scott Burrell 4 star recruits?

They may have been; I only started following recruiting Donyell's class. Difference is that Smitty and Burrell were hometown guys. Ashmeade was from NYC (with a prep year in CT). But I remember that he was a HUGE get at the time. He might have been the previous year as he was a prop 48 guy.

Reaction Score
...strawberry.

With icing.

Oh no...Strawberries? It's over.

Wikipedia
In California, strawberries are grown as a perennial crop. It is the No.1 producer accounting for 80% of the total U.S. strawberry production. However, supply of fresh strawberries from California starts decreasing by the end of October and this is where Florida strawberry growers dominate the market supply.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
50058236.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So, word is he actually went to school on this exciting day for him. He has been high0fiving a lo of fellow students. On a couple of occasions he mimiced what appeared to be a kind of grizzly bear character with much laughter. No signs of acting like a Husky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom