SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11) | Page 34 | The Boneyard

SF Vance Jackson (Signed LOI on 11/11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
He's retweeted a ton of them. Either he appreciates your sense of humor, or he's trying to leave a very clear trail for law enforcement in case he goes missing.
A+

Reaction Score
I don't really follow any recruits on social media, but I woke up to a notification this morning that Vance started following me on Instagram! Feel like a real part of the team now haha

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
FWIW, Oz has hinted a commit is coming within the next couple of days.

Looks like we're close to getting a shooter, and a big win for Ollie over Cuonzo who is on a nice streak himself and had home state advantage going into this one.

Larrier's willingness to have another 3/stretch 4 on board is great to see too. Seems like Larrier is a really good kid and I think although they play similar positions, these two will balance each other out quite well.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Larrier's willingness to have another 3/stretch 4 on board is great to see too. Seems like Larrier is a really good kid and I think although they play similar positions, these two will balance each other out quite well.
Larrier is going to be a starter next year, so as long as he's doing what he needs to do, he's got nothing to worry about. Vance will be our shooter off the bench, play stretch 4 minutes, and be that spark. I've heard NBA scouts that have been around Storrs are salivating over Terry. Kid is going to be good for us.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Larrier is going to be a starter next year, so as long as he's doing what he needs to do, he's got nothing to worry about. Vance will be our shooter off the bench, play stretch 4 minutes, and be that spark. I've heard NBA scouts that have been around Storrs are salivating over Terry. Kid is going to be good for us.
I still think Larrier will be playing for us for at least 2 years, so they will overlap for a long time. Glad to see they're not worried about it.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I still think Larrier will be playing for us for at least 2 years, so they will overlap for a long time. Glad to see they're not worried about it.
I think we would see them playing together a bunch. Offenselively we like to stretch the floor.

Reaction Score
With Vance, this class would be the best of my lifetime. Gilbert, Diarra, Durham, Vance, and Larrier transferring. Elite class.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
While I am feeing fat and happy, had anyone heard anything about anyone else on the radar to round out this class? Might we dip into the lower ranked guys for a center or shooting guard or wait for a 5th year grad transfer like this year?

Reaction Score
We still have a good shot at D Stone and we are involved with 2-3 other big men. Not sure we have to go the under the radar route
quite yet.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
We still have a good shot at D Stone and we are involved with 2-3 other big men. Not sure we have to go the under the radar route
quite yet.
I take it you went with the sarcasm response?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
While I am feeing fat and happy, had anyone heard anything about anyone else on the radar to round out this class? Might we dip into the lower ranked guys for a center or shooting guard or wait for a 5th year grad transfer like this year?
My guess is no re: centers, and that our SG issue will be addressed in the spring either by a Diallo reclass, or a top 150-ish shooter decommit. Powell is the obvious one if Seton Hall lay another stinkbomb.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine what Ollie could do if UConn were in the P5. He is turning into an elite recruiter and bringing in multi-year guys.

Exactly. I have no doubt in my mind Ollie will be one of, if not the best recruiter in the country in a few years.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
For what it's worth, the Cal fans online seem to generally think Vance will be headed to Storrs. They even go as far as saying their "insider" online thinks he's gonna be a Husky.

Then again, this could just be a fanbase who isn't too used to winning these recruiting battles tempering themselves for letdown.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Just thought I'd point out that in 2017 we could have Adams, Gilbert, Hamidou, Vance and Larrier. Good lord.

Reaction Score
Shockingly, there was no preface. Just "hearing UCONN." He slipped up and has given us some leeway to bash him.
Pretty sure take it with a grain of salt is implied. But I'm no BY law expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc