SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit) | Page 17 | The Boneyard

SF V.J. King (Louisville Commit)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Maybe it's Jay like Homer's middle name.
From this day forward, I will be known as Homer.... JAY Simpson

Reaction Score
I felt like they won every game last year and won the championship. I don't go by scores any more.

But I was wondering why no one else was at the parade

My bad, I forgot we were an average off. rebounding team, sorry "slightly below average" and it was not a weakness at all because off. rebounds have no impact on the game.

Reaction Score
My bad, I forgot we were an average off. rebounding team, sorry "slightly below average" and it was not a weakness at all because off. rebounds have no impact on the game.

Don't be a jerk.

Reaction Score

See, here is why you are sounding silly. You "feel" as if we got far less than our statistical share of rebounds off our misses last year. Fine. But your feeling, apparently, takes no notice of what percentage of missed shots an average team rebounds, and what percentage of shots a good rebounding team rebounds. Said another way, your "feeling" is meaningless, if not wrong, because even average teams apparently rebound a far lower percentage of their own misses than you "feel" they should. Which, objectively, simply makes you wrong.

Some stats are meaningless. Some -- foul shooting percentage, for example -- tell almost 100% of the story. The stat you were given, applied to a team as opposed to an individual, does tell the story as to the team in terms of rebounding their own misses. So ignoring it just makes you look bad.

All that having been said, I agree with what someone said earlier. It "felt" like we were never getting offensive rebounds because the ones we got never led to easy put backs, which is what stands out in everyone's memory.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
All that having been said, I agree with what someone said earlier. It "felt" like we were never getting offensive rebounds because the ones we got never led to easy put backs, which is what stands out in everyone's memory.

I think as UConn, it felt worse because we are used to great offensive rebounding teams.

Reaction Score
See, here is why you are sounding silly. You "feel" as if we got far less than our statistical share of rebounds off our misses last year. Fine. But your feeling, apparently, takes no notice of what percentage of missed shots an average team rebounds, and what percentage of shots a good rebounding team rebounds. Said another way, your "feeling" is meaningless, if not wrong, because even average teams apparently rebound a far lower percentage of their own misses than you "feel" they should. Which, objectively, simply makes you wrong.

Some stats are meaningless. Some -- foul shooting percentage, for example -- tell almost 100% of the story. The stat you were given, applied to a team as opposed to an individual, does tell the story as to the team in terms of rebounding their own misses. So ignoring it just makes you look bad.

I dont feel, its the truth. Being 217th out of 345 is not good at all. Regardless of how close to average we are.

It felt like we were never getting off rebounds because we weren't, again we we're in the bottom of off. rebounds per game, 269 out of 345 D1 schools. It's not an illusion.

This is all meaningless anyway as the seasons over and this is a VJ King thread that I never meant to hijack.

Reaction Score
I dont feel, its the truth. Being 217th out of 345 is not good at all. Regardless of how close to average we are.

It felt like we were never getting off rebounds because we weren't, again we we're in the bottom of off. rebounds per game, 269 out of 345 D1 schools. It's not an illusion.

This is all meaningless anyway as the seasons over and this is a VJ King thread that I never meant to hijack.

Nobody said we were good. You said we were "one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the country," which is factually untrue, unless you're saying that everyone who is below-average is "one of the worst." I guess that could be technically true, but you and I both know what you meant.

The number of offensive rebounds/game isn't a useful statistic. It doesn't account for pace or number of shots missed, both of which have a massive impact on the number of offensive rebounds you're going to get.

Also, no one said that "offensive rebounds have no impact on the game." My point was that, if we were to imagine that our team went from below-average to exactly average, it would have resulted in one additional offensive rebound (and one additional possession) every four games. There's no way that a reasonable person could say that was our biggest, or one of our biggest problems last year. The inability to consistently make shots was a much, much bigger problem.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Any news here? I just really think this kid would be a tremendous get for us. I know we're at a disadvantage, but we've had the advantage before and lost so there is always hope.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Thanks, Bruce. I'm trying to stay positive, but I certainly don't have my hopes up.

Reaction Score
Hearing ville.
Atleast we've made the decision tough for him. With all the connections to the 'Ville program we were always gonna be in second. I definitely don't consider this a recruiting loss per se.

Reaction Score
Yeah, right now I think Louisville is "American Pharoah" and UConn is in the field. I still haven't lost confidence yet, crazier things have happened.

Reaction Score
Hearing tevin Mack to uconn

that one will always haunt me. In that same mack thread 3 and zionn agreed with me and heard the same buzz.. (but as always, take it with a grain of salt) :--).

Reaction Score
From whom/where?

Heard this Since the visit. Source is 2 local reporters, regional reporter, and a top tos writer. Aau guy I talk to supported what I heard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom