SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Fishy, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7774

It's a fact he wasn't a bust. Guys who basically average a double double in conference play as freshman aren't busts.

I wasn't really referring to that comment though. More the "No AAC team will get into the tournament with 10 losses, even though that exact scenario happened last year" type comments you make.

2. jibsey

jibsey

Do we have a reasonable prediction on this player that indicates how likely it is that he will actually come to UCONN? The only reason I ask is because I can't get back that portion of my life that went to the Diamond Stone thread. Over 60% I will roll the dice and stay with it.

WideRight! likes this.
  3. Brochacho

Brochacho Make the Boneyard Great Again

Andre Drummond: 28 mpg, 10 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.7 bpg
    Anthony Davis: 32 mpg, 14.2 ppg, 10.4 rp6, 4.7 bpg

Wow, such a stark contrast between the NPOY and Andre Drummond; and let's not forget Drummond played in the toughest conference and came in a year early. Thanks for the insight, though, @JimOllie.

4. JimOllie

JimOllie

The big difference is that Davis led his team to a National Championship. Drummond scored 2 points and fouled out in his only NCAAT game. Big time players show up in big time games. Davis did, Drummond didn't. End of story. Now please, back to Alpha Diallo.

5. Brochacho

Brochacho Make the Boneyard Great Again

Oh, UK went 38-2 solely because of Anthony Davis while UConn was a disappointing 20-14 solely because of Andre Drummond. I get it now.

Silk31, tzznandrew and Kembacity like this.
  6. JimOllie

JimOllie

OK, great. Now drop it. I think Drummond was a bust. You don't. Awesome. Back to Diallo now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Leebo

Leebo

Oh good, you're going to stop talking about it?

imno1 and uconnbill like this.
  8. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

My pleasure. Seemed like you forgot.

9. JimOllie

JimOllie

Why do you feel the need to keep carrying this on? What don't you understand about let's get back to Diallo?

10. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

Dude he was being sarcastic knowing you would continue to reply. Just stop responding to everyone and take a damn break.

tzznandrew and lange10 like this.
  11. Leebo

Leebo

No, no, I continued the meta discussion, not the original discussion ;)

It was a playful prod at the fact that it sounded like you were telling him to stop when you're the one who brings it up.

12. tcf15

tcf15

If Amida Brimah was on the 2011-12 team instead of Andre Drummond, we're talking back-to-back national championships.

13. CardiacAndre7

CardiacAndre7

More like 3peat

Bryan Lord likes this.
  14. businesslawyer

businesslawyer

Judging Drummond's one year is very complicated. His numbers were outstanding for a freshman, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to tell that he had the raw skills to end up as an NBA star. On the other hand, his plus/minus for the season was mediocre at best (the much maligned AO's was light years better), he had little basketball IQ, had mammoth holes in his game and while his teammates liked him I will go to my grave believing the team would have been much better had he never shown up and forced the game of all our returning ringbearers to adjust to him. But was it his fault that his teammates couldn't adjust to his game and the coaches couldn't figure out how to blend the talent? Nope. Like I said, very complicated and not really capable of being argued in one sentence sound bites.

And I apologize for not sticking to the original topic, but I don't even remember what it was.

15. Samoo

Samoo

I vote that we create a new prefix, similar to OT:. It should PM; to be used for a pissing match and added to any post that goes off the rails beyond recognition because two or more posters didn't get enough attention as children.

16. August_West

August_West Resident Champion

The problems ( in my view ) with Drummond in 2012 were only because of the presence of Drummond and in no way related to Drummond himself or his floor performance. It was a bad adjustment by a couple players and less than stellar management of such by a HOF coach who due to no fault of his own was absent a couple times that year that made things seem like it was Drummond himself.

tzznandrew likes this.
  17. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Ok I know there is sarcasm here right?

18. tcf15

tcf15

Visiting providence April 8-9.

19. CGarr

CGarr

I bet we'll have a visit or 2 the weekend after that when Fetty Wap plays the Spring Concert. Might be our top target(s). Shonn visited that weekend last year for ScHoolboy Q and A$AP Ferg.

20. UCweCONN

UCweCONN Let's do this!

Actually those are pretty big differences. Davis averaged a double-double and 4.7 blocks per game which is sick. However, I don't see the most revealing stat on their one season in college: Free-throw shooting. Davis shot 70.5% and Drummond shot.....29.5%..Davis was clutch and Drummond....not so much. But he's a great ambassador for UCONN now. Back to Alpha "Male" Diallo.

JimOllie likes this.
  21. Chief00

Chief00

2012 was all about Boat's NCAA suspension and Calhoun's suspension and medical leave - all of which disrupted team chemistry - it had very little to do with an AD statistic - his were fine for a Freshman star - given the other pieces they had. My own view is if Calhoun had a full season he would have figured it out.

22. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

Mumu

Back to Alpha D who wants him to be a Husky and what are the chances?

WideRight! likes this.
  23. Doctor Hoop

Doctor Hoop

I want him to be a Husky. Often in the quest for the ideal "2" or the perfect "stretch 4" you can lose sight of the fact that what you really want are guys who can just play with good basketball IQ. Having seen A. Diallo in a couple of games he is just that. He can play 2, 3, or 4 depending on the opponent and who else is out there with him, and with high energy.

Chances? No idea. Might have been better to be on him earlier.

24. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

He seems to be a "poor mans" Chris Clarke who I wanted really bad last year and ended up at VT. As you say Doc, he can just flat out play the game in many ways and probably will do anything you ask and guard anyone you ask and we need guys like that. Want me to rebound? Sure coach, Want me to shut down swing? Sure coach.

If he is that guy or "will" be that guy I'd love to see him in National Flag Blue.

25. Chief00

Chief00

Back to the topic - Of course it would be great to see him in a Husky uniform. Frankly, I am not up on his work habits and so on - but the sheer athletic talent is certainly there. I hope that helps.

26. WhereistheDove?

WhereistheDove?

I know he has the athletic ability that some of us want, but does he have the power strength we need?

27. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

There's also the concern that he could be too interested in academics, which would be a distraction...

Chief00 and Ricker like this.
  28. Chin Diesel

Chin Diesel Power of Love

Almost sounds like Lyman DePriest.

mauconnfan likes this.
  29. mauconnfan

mauconnfan

With much more offensive ability.;)

Chin Diesel likes this.
  30. CTBasketball

CTBasketball Arguably the Perfect Man...

Have not seen him live, but he looks slow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.