SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Discussion in 'UConn Men's Basketball' started by Fishy, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BUConn10

BUConn10 Artist formerly known as BUHusky10

Andre Drummond is a generational physical specimen, alongside the likes of Davis, Durant and Lebron physically. This got him drafted in the lottery, he could have averaged 4-4 and still gone top 12.

We all saw his first couple seasons in the league that even an ounce of basketball IQ and skill instantly turned the guy into a nightly double double. Going into his 4th season he developed a slightly above average hook shot (statistically speaking of hook shots by centers only) and he became a 17-15 All-star.

The sky is the limit for AD, I kid you not in 5 years he could be the best player in the NBA if he puts it all together. A physical beast down low that hasn't been seen since prime Howard or Shaq. Guys just cannot contain Andre when he is fully engaged.

2. Jluc

Jluc

So...back to Alpha Diallo. I recall watching some sort of summer league game last year where he and Hamidou were playing for team Africa. If I remember correctly Alpha was the better Diallo that day. In fact, he was very, very impressive. Would be a good get for sure!

3. BUConn10

I got caught up hyping up Drummond in this post and completely forgot the point I was trying to make. Andre is gonna be a superstar in basketball for some time and him being an ambassador for UConn will be big for the program, regardless of what you think his impact in his one season was.

Matt1010 and caw like this.
  4. 7774

I guess I do because I rarely quote your posts.

KemBuckets21 likes this.
  5. CallMeBruce

CallMeBruce

For someone who constantly posts thoughtless opinions, he sure is sensitive about it.

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

All things considered I'd take Drummond over Davis going forward, Im not sure someone with Davis's body type can stay in the NBA for too long without getting hurt. I think the end of this season could be the start of a patter.

uconnbill likes this.
  7. intlzncster

intlzncster i fart in your general direction

He'll never be better than Curry is right now. Three's worth way more than two's.

8. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

Picking Davis over Curry completely effed my fantasy basketball season. I was expecting Olajuwonesque numbers.

9. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

Maybe Its Olajuwonian. Whatever.

tzznandrew, nomar and Huskyforlife like this.
  10. Kembacity

Kembacity

Me too man, I got Kyle Lowry and MGasol with my second batch of picks. Barring Gasol's injury, if Davis had performed I'd have looked great since Lowry really put it on this season

but of course the finals are now, and I barely missed the playoffs entirely. Was light at PG when Jarrett Jack went down and that kind of killed my chances

Huskyforlife likes this.
  11. BUConn10

Thanks for clearing that up.

boog204 likes this.
  12. KemBuckets21

KemBuckets21

My best pick was Antetokounbo. Did you see Kidd is going to play him at PG next year? That starting lineup could have an avg height of like 6'9. In retrospect picking davis was probably not smart as PG was thin.

Kembacity likes this.
  13. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

After watching the Global Games, I would be shocked if Diallo wasn't a beast as a junior/senior.

Apologies for the on topic post.

14. Matrim55

Matrim55 Why is it so hard To make it in America

What do you base that on? I saw those games as well, and liked what Diallo showed, but to me he looked more like a complementary glue guy than a future beast.

15. RipCity

RipCity Absolute Savage

Well I saw 2 athletic potential lottery picks in Hamidou Diallo and Wenyen Gabriel completely defer to Alpha Diallo in tough situations. They had their moments but the offense went through Alpha more than anyone else on a loaded team. I know he's a year older, but once he's a junior/senior, he'll have that same advantage of experience. I saw him crash the boards, make an effort to get other kids the ball, and score when nobody else could (and sometimes in bunches too). The kid isn't a highlight reel, but there doesn't seem to be a major hole in his game. That's an asset in itself.

Edit - My definition of beast here was more like very productive and efficient, Matrim. Maybe not a physical beast.

16. JimOllie

JimOllie

Not sensitive about it all. Just think it's ridiculous how many times 7774 has to make comments about my posts. I disagree with what many people say on here but I let them express their own opinion freely.

17. Matrim55

Matrim55 Why is it so hard To make it in America

Yeah, I think it was just a difference in terminology. I'd call him a potential foundational player who seems to like the ball in big moments, and helps everybody play better - so I think our assessments are very much in line with each other.

18. Stairmaster

Stairmaster Stainmaster?

If you'd like to join the rest of us, we're sticking to discussion of Alpha Diallo in his eponymous thread. Thanks, bruh.

Brochacho likes this.
  19. 7774

I like how you're characterizing our disagreements as "differences of opinion", instead of the reality that you can't grasp basic facts.

20. JimOllie

JimOllie

So it's a basic fact that Drummond was good at UConn? I don't think so. Barely averaged 10 PPG as the #2 recruit in the country. As @Stairmaster said, let's stick to the discussion of Alpha Diallo now.

21. 7774

It's a fact he wasn't a bust. Guys who basically average a double double in conference play as freshman aren't busts.

I wasn't really referring to that comment though. More the "No AAC team will get into the tournament with 10 losses, even though that exact scenario happened last year" type comments you make.

22. jibsey

jibsey

Do we have a reasonable prediction on this player that indicates how likely it is that he will actually come to UConn? The only reason I ask is because I can't get back that portion of my life that went to the Diamond Stone thread. Over 60% I will roll the dice and stay with it.

WideRight! likes this.
  23. Brochacho

Brochacho Make the Boneyard Great Again

Andre Drummond: 28 mpg, 10 ppg, 7.6 rpg, 2.7 bpg
    Anthony Davis: 32 mpg, 14.2 ppg, 10.4 rp6, 4.7 bpg

Wow, such a stark contrast between the NPOY and Andre Drummond; and let's not forget Drummond played in the toughest conference and came in a year early. Thanks for the insight, though, @JimOllie.

24. JimOllie

JimOllie

The big difference is that Davis led his team to a National Championship. Drummond scored 2 points and fouled out in his only NCAAT game. Big time players show up in big time games. Davis did, Drummond didn't. End of story. Now please, back to Alpha Diallo.

25. Brochacho

Brochacho Make the Boneyard Great Again

Oh, UK went 38-2 solely because of Anthony Davis while UConn was a disappointing 20-14 solely because of Andre Drummond. I get it now.

Silk31, tzznandrew and Kembacity like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.