SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

SF Alpha Diallo (UConn Offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"good midrange game, athletic, long, classic overachiever 6-7 jumping jack? Yes !!!!!!

Reaction Score
Since this is the current topic of discussion, I want to go on record that I think one of Brimah, Hamilton or Purvis will declare (prematurely) this off season and leave for the pros. I hope not, but that's my gut feeling. This year's draft is pretty weak outside the top 10 so lots of guys may sneak into the first round that normally wouldn't. It's hard to turn down the allure of the guarenteed millions that come with the first round.
Those three have zero chance at the first round, they aren't even on any second round mocks. The only chance of one of them leaving is Rodney to start his career in Europe.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Those three have zero chance at the first round, they aren't even on any second round mocks. The only chance of one of them leaving is Rodney to start his career in Europe.
Believe me, I agree with you. Absolutely none of them are first round NBA players, yet that doesn't mean one of them isn't enticed into this year's weak draft by a GM who wants to keep all his options open and giving false promises to multiple guys.

Reaction Score
Has Hamidou said anything about potentially playing with Alpha? Family members don't always end up playing together, and some might seek out a place where they can start fresh. Obviously Hamilton isn't at any of the schools his brothers went to.

Or maybe Hamidou said, if you take Alpha I'll come to Uconn. Uconn said we don't have another scholarship and now that SCJ is gone, we do. Otherwise why the last minute on Alpha, when that's not our need.

Reaction Score
Chill, those are two of my favorite huskies, and two of the three guys keeping UConn's NBA footprint alive right now.

While he is keeping UConn's NBA footprint alive, I must say Drummond was definitely one of the least impactful huskies. He came in with huge expectations, was OK at best, then scored 2 points before fouling out in his 1 tourney game. Bust in college yet doing great in the league.

Reaction Score
Believe me, I agree with you. Absolutely none of them are first round NBA players, yet that doesn't mean one of them isn't enticed into this year's weak draft by a GM who wants to keep all his options open and giving false promises to multiple guys.
Both DHam and Brimah are doing exactly as expected. This is a surprise to no one. As for Purvis, if he decides to pursue a pro career I certainly wouldn't characterize it as premature.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
While he is keeping UConn's NBA footprint alive, I must say Drummond was definitely one of the least impactful huskies. He came in with huge expectations, was OK at best, then scored 2 points before fouling out in his 1 tourney game. Bust in college yet doing great in the league.

So you are talking about the most 'failed to meet expectations' player. Not least impactful. Guy averaged 10.0 PPG, 7.6 RPG. Contrast that to someone like, say, Jon Mandeldove, who averaged 0.5 PPG, 0.8 RPG over his entire career. No contest who was less impactful.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Hahah. First time I've ever heard a 2nd team AA be categorized as 'least impactful'.

Throw in 1st team BE and BE ROY and what do I know?
By "impactful", I don't mean individual accomplishments. He never took over games. Amazing athleticism but he seemed reluctant to take over games.

Reaction Score
There are still hundreds of UConn players who have ranked lower in their ability to "take over games" even if you want to redefine "impactful."

Reaction Score
Lol as always.

Reaction Score
Both guys being slammed here came in with huge expectations and were both very young kids when they arrived. Both played pretty damn good their freshman years although maybe not up to some people's expectations. Would people have liked Andre to hang around the basket more and own the inside, yeah but JC didn't make him either. Also he was on a team full of babies, one of the worst years/teams in recent memory for sure.

The other, well slamming him is ridiculous:

College career[edit]

Gay with UConn coach Jim Calhoun in 2006
As a freshman at Connecticut in 2004–05, Gay was a co-winner (with Jeff Green of Georgetown) of the Big East Conference Rookie of the Year award after averaging 11.8 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 assists on .462 shooting in 28.8 minutes in 31 games. He was a unanimous Big East All-Rookie Team selection, was named National Freshman of the Year by The Sporting News, and earned Big East Rookie of the Week honors five times.[11]

In the summer of 2005, Gay played for United States' Men's Under-21 World Championship Team. He averaged 10.5 points and 5.5 rebounds per game over the tournament.[12]

Before his sophomore season began, Gay was nominated as Big East Preseason Player of the Year, along with Syracuse guard Gerry McNamara. After the season concluded, Gay was one of four division one college players nominated for the Naismith College Player of the Year Award (along with J. J. Redick, Adam Morrison and Allan Ray). Also, he was a unanimous selection to the First-team All-Big East. He led the Huskies in scoring (15.2 points) while averaging 6.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 30.8 minutes in 33 games as a sophomore. He was named first-team All-America by the National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) and was named to the 2006 Washington D.C. Regional All-Tournament Team. He scored a career-high 28 points on November 21, 2005 against Arkansas. Gay led the Huskies to a 30–3 record, and finished his college career with 20 points and six rebounds in a career-high 42 minutes in an NCAA Elite Eight loss to George Mason on March 26.[11]

On April 24, 2006, Gay declared for the 2006 NBA draft.[13]

In February 2012, Gay was inducted into the "Huskies of Honor".[14]

Reaction Score
Id like to get alpha talent is talent and Hamilton can and should play a little at the 2 next year. he has the vision and his ball handling is improving. If he wants to put himself in a great position to sky rocket up draft boards playing the 2 is what he should want to do. A thin 6'7" sf isn't impressing nba scouts but at sg he looks much better. I'm hoping that's one reasons cassell thought transferring was the right move.

Reaction Score
Both DHam and Brimah are doing exactly as expected. This is a surprise to no one. As for Purvis, if he decides to pursue a pro career I certainly wouldn't characterize it as premature.

I would say that AB has VASTLY exceeded expectations so far. His growth is off the charts for how long he's played the game.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I would say that AB has VASTLY exceeded expectations so far. His growth is off the charts for how long he's played the game.

He and Miller are probably tied for the lowest-ranked recruit on last season's roster.

Reaction Score
Get alpha diallo and vital, top 5 2016 class done. Brown, diallo and Langford for 2017 for another top 5 class. Whole sport is about building as much talent as possible. Talent>position.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Yes, we know he's not a "real Husky" in your book.

Reaction Score
Yes, we know he's not a "real Husky" in your book.

Listen, he seems like a great kid and all. I'm really happy he's killing it in the NBA but he just flat out wasn't good at UConn. This is a guy who some were saying should be ranked #1 in high school over ANTHONY DAVIS.

Reaction Score
Listen, he seems like a great kid and all. I'm really happy he's killing it in the NBA but he just flat out wasn't good at UConn. This is a guy who some were saying should be ranked #1 in high school over ANTHONY DAVIS.

I'm sure there's a guy on the Kentucky board who is going to do your shtick with Skal too, and they'll get tired of it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Great.

Shut up now.

Thank you.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Dude he averaged 10 and 7 as a freshman. Dakari Johnson was ranked around where Drummond was in 2014 and averaged 5 and 3 as a freshman. Your idea of a "bust" is so off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom