Seton Hall Postgame Thread | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Seton Hall game:
  • As much as the Georgetown game shocked us with how close the game was, the Seton Hall game shocked us by UConn putting the game out of reach after only 20 minutes, finishing off a blowout win by hitting triple digits in a 103-58 victory. :eek:
  • UConn played basically the starting 5 for most of the 1st half, with a couple of minutes each for Amari & Ines. The Hall played 11 players in the first half. For the entire half UConn had 3 fouls & 3 turnovers to 11 & 7 for the Pirates.
  • The Magnificent 7 overpowered Seton Hall in a game that many of us were worried about. While I certainly want to see 10 healthy players on the court for UConn, this team is starting to remind me a little of the ND championship team in 2018 that basically played only 6 players in Big games.
  • UConn’s starting 5 really stepped it up BIG tonight. Aaliyah & Dorka with double doubles, Aubrey & Lou with double digit scoring, Nika with double digit assists and tough team defense by all.
  • A comment on Dorka. When she came over from tOSU, we were anxious to see her knock down shots from the arc. To date, not so much. But she has been hitting her mid-range jumpers more frequently, while stepping out a little farther each game. Tonight, it all came together as Dorka found her range going 4 for 5 from the arc. Needless to say, if Dorka can do that every night, UConn is an extremely difficult team to defend.
  • Finally, was this Amari's coming out party with13 pts, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 block, while shooting 2/2 from the arc? :)
  • Butler on Saturday, with hopefully another healthy player or two. Either way, this UConn team refuses to be slowed down by injuries to key players.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
The way UConn played the first half would be the highlight of the season for many teams. Great passing, unselfish play, aggressive defense and rebounding.

13 assists and 3 turnovers in the first half.

There are not 5 better women’s college basketball players than Aaliyah Edwards.

Switching Griffin and Nika on Park-Lane was effective.

The extra attention Seton Hall paid Lou did not seem to work.

What kind of number’s would Aubrey put up if she played all her games in that gym?

Amari’s pass from her butt, might make ESPN's top ten.

After Sunday’s game and Azzi’s injury, I thought this game would be close.

Reaction Score
Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 6.47.32 PM.png

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Amari is really good in this game...and
AE 21, Droka and Lou both 22 pts ...a great game to watch.
Funnily enough, her defense was smoother than her offense tonight. The ball got stuck in Amari’s hand a few times, probably a lack of experience with that unusual lineup. Huge kudos to Amari for her improvement in moving her feet on defense :)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
If there is a silver lining to all the injuries this year it's this: Look at all the career seasons the remaining players are having: Lou, Dorka, Aubrey, Nika and especially Edwards are all playing their best basketball ever. Talk about stepping up.

Reaction Score
Did NOT see this coming. Pleased as punch, but did not see this scenario as likely.

Our starting five’s energy, speed & athleticism visibly drained SH’s will, they were downtrodden before the half.

Big contribution too from the officiating crew which CALLED THE GAME instead of letting them scrum which they did in the Gtown first half. Huge benefit in keeping our starting few on the court and uninjured.

We all know the starters are good, but they are FAST as well – sometimes I overlook that.

Geno/CD/staff put in a great game plan which was flawlessly executed, kudos.

Winston Churchill has a famous quote about so many owing so much to so few which was applicable tonight – but I hope our team health improves so we can show the country what we look like at even 3/4s full strength.

Crazy fun to watch – I LOVE triple digits.

Reaction Score
When Amari first came in, I thought she looks very confused but as the game went along it seems like she started thinking less and reacted more and played a really good game. From what we have heard Amari is a very smart kid, maybe she could turn off some of her thinking when she gets on the floor :)

As tall as she is, she should learn not to jump up on any fake from much shorter players.

Reaction Score
Amari DeBerry our salvation? Everyone is waiting for Amari to contribute and tonight she has. 13 points,8 rebounds ,2/2 3 pointers and 2 blocks. Great game Amari and congratulations. Total domination over Seton Hall, every body ate. 4 players in double figures and 2 double-doubles. Aaliyah and Dorka. It seems 7 is enough for now until AZZI and CAROLINE come back. Great game. GO HUSKIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom