Seton Hall Postgame Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Postgame Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Amari wasn’t any slower than her teammates from my vantage point. She has an unusual running style Bb that may look like a jog to some, but she is covering just as much ground as her teammates.
My sentiments exactly. I've said from the start that Amari Runs like Mya Moore. That long, smooth stride that gets her from point A to B with far less steps. It's an elegant thing.

Reaction Score
Such a different game today than in my era. I’d rather see her more proficient with the mid range jumper, opening up more up fakes and drives. JMO
He typically only addresses the question asked at the post game presser. Had the reporter asked for a comparison of the two, he would have answered. They asked about Piath, and that is what he spoke on.

Reaction Score
Jordy,
Anything is possible.
My hunch though is that there wouldn’t be any Auriemmagrams if Amari were experiencing any Covid
aftereffects.
And yes, her level of play, with the exception of a flash here and there, has been pretty much the same all season.
Keep in mind that after the Covid pause she dressed as the seventh player, even though she wasn’t ready to play. Let’s give her the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that after the Covid pause she dressed as the seventh player, even though she wasn’t ready to play. Let’s give her the benefit of the doubt.
Sounds good to me.
Hopefully she can become an important part of the team.

Reaction Score
.this is UConn not some average program and if that sounds entitled so be it......

I agree with you but when you still have two number one ranked high school All Americans, two other number six ranked players, and a 15th ranked player, an All Big Ten player and a member of the Canadian National Team member on your available roster the expectations should still be fairly high...........I'm not saying they should be expected to win against the best competition,

.at this point in the season, I'll take a six point loss to SC if UConn plays well over a 30 point win over Seton Hall any day......
Charlie- Your point “This is UCONN,” I don’t agree with. Because this isn’t “UCONN.” As a result, you can’t hold them to the prior standard of the “real/powerful” UCONN. You’re not even holding them to the “This is UCONN” standard in the other post that I highlighted in bold that you made. If this is truly “UCONN” then suggesting a 6 point loss is acceptable is not “UCONN.”

Just as you are taking factors into account in accepting a possible 6 point loss to SC, in the same manner you have to take account that just because a player puts on a UCONN uniform it doesn’t turn her into an automatic A/A. UCONN did not invent the sport, meaning the game is still ruled by fundamentals. SO for your mention of all the prior accolades of “High School kids” etc, it’s not very relevant because this team lacks the basic fundamental of “shooting.” Who cares what H/S evaluation was made when we can see for ourselves over 1-2 years that they can’t shoot well? And they can’t press with such a short bench, and the team wasn’t built on powerful offensive rebounding, so what’s the relevance of bringing up kids were H/S A/a’s? And those rankings are highly subjective from H/S to college, aren’t they? SO what happens if the rankings are wrong as well? You still quote them as if they are relevant? Thus, regardless of H/S ranking they still have a brutal basic fundamental flaw and wearing a UCONN jersey doesn’t eliminate this basic basketball fundamental flaw regardless of a non-college H/S ranking.

I think why so many people have posted to you is that your comments seems way too harsh for a team that has basically been de-clawed and forced to fight against the other big animals that basically have their full set of talons. If you can’t shoot the basketball, and especially being away from home, and without your stars, there are some days non-professional athletes are going to suffer. We can’t ignore the fundamental of shooting just because we proclaim “We are UCONN.” And if we want to talk about being “The real/powerful UCONN,” well these type of teams usually have at minimum one 1st team A/A. So we can’t claim them to be “the real powerful UCONN” in one breath and then claim it’s okay to lose by 6 in another while the team is so fundamentally flawed and without a natural superstar which the prior powerful UCONN teams have had.

Reaction Score
While last night was a step in a positive direction, the true measure of UConn is based on how they match up against the other national heavyweights.

Tomorrow, UConn should win easily against St Johns. SC will be the litmus test to see if the talent level (minus Paige & Azzi) is equal to other powerhouses. The size advantage UConn had against Seton Hall is negated against SC and they have depth on their roster too. Without consistent outside shooting, which UConn sorely lacks, it’s hard to envision UConn coming away with a victory. I’m not being negative, but looking at things realistically.

Moving forward, it’s great to see the team compete, not bemoan their circumstances and continue to fight. We dance with who we bring to the table. If and when the calvary arrives, the odds get recalculated. For now, this is the UConn team that moves forward.
Surly- I agree with your overall point other than “matching up to the heavyweights and the litmus test.” IMO this game coming up vs SC is no litmus test without Paige and Azzi and a just returning CWill. There is always is a test but this is minor in this game. The guts of the strength of our team has been ripped away. Last year we beat them so we already know we have a quality team if our stars are able to play. And unlike this year when we had to play them in 3 games in 3 days (which won’t happen- not even close- in NCAA Tourney) in which Azzi was hurt and probably Nika, and we weren’t playing Ducharme at the time, that game meant very little too. IMO there is no real test until our stars come back healthy. With Paige and Azzi playing and healthy, the UCONN offense and the SC defense will be played much differently. The opposing team must play UCONN so much differently and the UCONN team will play so much differently it will be very hard to get much out of this. The same goes with nay other heavyweight they may encounter especially without Paige – the best player in the wcbb.

So the little steps UCONN does, I’m thrilled with while understanding if I complain about them because they lose vs the tougher ranked type of teams/ the heavyweights, it’s no more relevant than howling at the moon. Their style of play and the type of player they have recruited to fit that style, has been gutted. “Shooting to score matters’ for a Geno Auriemma team. Their ability to "shoot efficiently from the perimeter and scoring which was to be a supposed strength has been greatly compromised, thus the heavyweights make it pretty easy to defend this version of UCONN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom