Seton Hall Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Didn't see a post-game thread. Mods, please merge if multiple are created.

Not a ton to say. On paper this looked like the most winnable of our remaining difficult games. In that context we needed a win and we got the win. Need to find a way to beat either Nova, Creighton or Xavier. Then hold serve against DePaul and Gtown.

Martin continued his aggressive play. Which is nice to see.

Reaction Score
Don’t see one posted yet

Awesome 2nd half from the team. How about some of those passes by Whaley and Sanogo?!? Man does that open up the offense when those guys can facilitate like that.

Defense was outstanding, very limited fouls too, and Seton Hall is like 25th in the country at drawing fouls. Sanogo staying out of early foul trouble completely changes this team on both ends of the court.

Only issue is the free throws…we’re lucky this was a 10 point game in garbage time and not a 4-5 point game. Yikes

Reaction Score
Good execution in the 2nd half. Good coaching by Hurley. Shooting came around when we needed it. Sanogo beasted on boards and his finishing was mostly very good.

Only real negatives were 1st half 3pt shooting and late free throw shooting.

Reaction Score
Kudos to Hurley tonight. Coached well and pulled one out even when we weren't hot from deep at all. Our double teams on richmond in the mid-post were better. Smart to start forcing the backdoor cut. Used the FT line well against the zone. Improvement isn't linear but today was a real positive moment.

Reaction Score
Can Gaffney give us anything off the bench? I mean we know he can't really run and offense or score but now he is getting abused on D. At least cole plays sold D most times against big defenders. Great game from Cole, Martin and Sanogo of course.

Reaction Score
Only seven points from the bench tonight and our three point shooting stunk. But you overcome those deficiencies when you limit turnovers (nine). AJax had six assists and only two turnovers. Major positive impact when you take care of the ball.
And also when you outbound the other team by 10. Sanogo was a beast on the boards. I had to laugh when he went over the Seton Hall guy to grab an offensive rebound. If only he didn't have to land he would have avoided the foul. :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First off thank goodness this game was at Gampel. XL 8:30pm would have been filled with Geritol and Melatonin crowd. From the opening shots, crowd looked great and sounded great throughout.

Cole is so good when he uses the mid-range game in and around the lane. He's much less effective trying to be a distributor in the lane.

Martin, Polley, Jackson and Hawkins are really becoming a great foursome at the 2/3.

Sanogo wishes he could play the Hall every game. He was beast all night. Those floater 8' footers are still a bit of a crap shoot but it was working tonight.

Poppers Maravich. Nifty passing in the second half.

Plenty more to talk about and enjoy from tonight.

X marks the spot on Saturday.

Reaction Score
Can Gaffney give us anything off the bench? I mean we know he can't really run and offense or score but now he is getting abused on D. At least cole plays sold D most times against big defenders. Great game from Cole, Martin and Sanogo of course.
Dance moves. That’s what he is good for now.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Winner, winner, chicken dinner. It ain’t gonna get any easier. We can build on this.

Reaction Score
Excellent defense all around forced tough shots and passes as well.

Biggest shot for me up 4 they were on a 6-0 run and Martin hit a pull up 12 footer from the elbow huge shot.

FTs make me nervous especially RJ at clutch time as of late. But a win is a win.

Need the next one too!!

Reaction Score
Maybe CBS sports did a bad job showing how great the crowd (specifically student section) was but for a sold out crowd I was a little underwhelmed. Too many instances all I saw was the student section standing still barely making noise except for scoring plays and the only chant I heard was let’s go huskies. They were good but no where near what the student section used to be and unfortunately no where near some of the other schools we’ve seen this year. The excuse about not having anything to cheer for also doesn’t count this game but for a packed student section I was underwhelmed. The team pulled out the win and crowd was good but no where near where it should be for a sold out gampel. Just my opinion and not calling shots at anyone or group of people. I understand it’s different since I’ve been on campus between 09-12. Good win overall and let’s see the team win another one on Saturday at home!

Reaction Score
He's basically useless at this point. He's good for an occasional drive and finish, then the other teams adjusts and he's a turnover or foul machine again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom