Seton Hall Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Seton Hall Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I said Sanogo is similar to Okafor based on size and skillset, but not necessarily as good (yet)...but he has lots of potential to be that good. He had a great game today despite he eventual foul trouble...18 points and 16 rebounds. But if he he keeps getting his 3rd foul too early in the 2nd half....the team is not the same.
They may put up similar stats offensively sophomore year vs sophomore year but they are not in the same universe defensively or basketball IQ.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree. Personnel wise they tried everything. I don’t love the idea of bringing a double to a point guard who could pass well out of it. The answer was probably zone.

Hopefully that is something that comes out of this game and they practice it.

But with Hurley’s track record and the lack of practice time between games. I doubt it.
I think Seton was shooting like 40% from three. Not the sizzling hot 61% we were shooting but a strong enough number that you get the sense they would’ve made us pay if we went zone.

Reaction Score
"Their best player was on a minutes restriction (trapped in an apartment in Canada for 10 days, no basketball) ."

Samuel is not their best player, as I said, but keep trying. Again, you got 1 out of 3 things in your post right, not too bad.
Counting is hard. Stick to analyzing football quarterbacks.

Reaction Score
To be fair. Seton Hall has had a layoff. Their best player was on a minutes restriction (trapped in an apartment in Canada for 10 days, no basketball) . And their best big Yetna didn’t play.
Jared Rhoden was on a minutes restriction and trapped in an apartment in Canada? I didn't hear any of this and it felt like he played the entire game.

Reaction Score
One bright spot is we shot 14-23 from 3 (61%) which is ridiculous. When these guys get hot from outside the arc they’re really good.

@7774 you made a comment in another thread about Cuse making 17 triples at above a 50% clip and losing vs UConn’s historical numbers. We weren’t far off today and lost. Pretty wild

Reaction Score
How did Richmond not get whistled for an offensive foul when he ran into Cole, knocking him to the floor, with seconds left in regulation? Geez

Please don’t give me “refs swallow the whistle last few seconds” B S. It’s a bad missed call that could have influenced the outcome. I mean they get an open 3 but Richmond runs through a guy who made a great defensive play and deserved the call no matter what point of the game it is. This wasn’t a flip on the hand during the shot or a bump it was a damn out for of control run through a well placed defensive player.

Agree awful no call!!!

Reaction Score
He also had a nice drive & potential highlight dunk “blocked” by the Hall player getting nothing but arm. One of the momentum-changing missed calls by the refs as the game tightened up.
BTW.. The dunk referenced was attempted over Big Ike-7'2"..Give him credit for trying to complete it through the obvious contact/no call.. AJ was the least of our problems yesterday.

Reaction Score
Please don’t give me “refs swallow the whistle last few seconds” B S. It’s a bad missed call that could have influenced the outcome. I mean they get an open 3 but Richmond runs through a guy who made a great defensive play and deserved the call no matter what point of the game it is. This wasn’t a flip on the hand during the shot or a bump it was a damn out for of control run through a well placed defensive player.

Agree awful no call!!!
FWIW..I thought the fifth foul call with BA going to the hoop- To my eye-Contact was initiated by BA--Not RJ.. Give BA credit for "selling the foul" to the ref. Took our PG /leader out of the game.

BE refs should let that be a no call cuz you know they're not calling an offensive foul in that spot in NJ

Reaction Score
I think Seton was shooting like 40% from three. Not the sizzling hot 61% we were shooting but a strong enough number that you get the sense they would’ve made us pay if we went zone.
Getting a sense and seeing a sense are two different things. Who really knows? Why not change up with a zone, on court rest, foul and protection of the backing down virus.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Getting a sense and seeing a sense are two different things. Who really knows? Why not change up with a zone, on court rest, foul and protection of the backing down virus.
We needed to do something, and our failure to adapt quickly enough cost us the game, but, I suspect that might have gone into the decision not to play a zone.

Reaction Score

Agree awful no call!!!
It definitely was not a “missed call”, you can’t call something a missed call when all three refs were looking right at it when it happened. It was pure “I’m not gonna be the one who blows the whistle on Richmond on Seton Hall’s home floor which puts Cole at the FT line with seconds left”. Those refs hosed UConn.

Reaction Score
Counting is hard. Stick to analyzing football quarterbacks.
My guess is your education is Kansas not UConn? Good job going back to old posts after I made you look foolish (oh and good luck if you think Roberson is the answer)

Reaction Score
I've old man ranted on UConn lunging for loose balls and opponents diving.

Pictures like this are bad for my health.
In fairness the picture is a little misleading. The seton hall player was guarding tyrese and had the ball gaffney was coming in from up top and the bench had already been granted a timeout. Effort and willingness to hit the deck we’re definitely not issues yesterday.

Reaction Score
This was a really good game overall…definitely exceeded expectations under current circumstances. Was easily one of our top 2-3 games this season IMO, we’ll played by both teams. Either side that lost was going to be disappointed.

That said, the end of game or end of half play calls we’ve been experiencing have been very frustrating to watch. It seems that the emphasis is on running the clock down, and not about scoring! We have been so unsuccessful with this strategy, yet come back to it every time. I like Hurley overall, but this really is a weakness of his and needs a new approach! And make no mistake, when it happens repeatedly like it has, the fault is not on the various players, but rather the coaches! As was mentioned earlier, forget about making it perfect with a last second shot, score when you can and then play tough D!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom