Serious shaka love to uconn | The Boneyard

Serious shaka love to uconn

Reaction Score
Other than him being on the court during play, I really like Shaka. Over the top sure, but it’s college basketball and that’s not always a bad thing in this game

Marquette is a really fun team to watch too. I like that program

Reaction Score
I know Kolek was gone but in reality wasn’t that a Final 8 game when you consider where it was played? Shaka called it a high high quality game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
A mutual admiration between really good programs and coaches. It's really good to see and here this.

A lot of similarities with both programs. And both coaches are correct when they site the cultures of each program.

If you are going to have a conference rival, this is it - UConn and Marquette.

Reaction Score
I'm seeing a lot of Big East Brotherly Love amongst most of the coaches in the conference. UConn/Hurley has also gotten a lot of respect from opposing coaches, and he's always careful and respectful about how he speaks about them.

Good to see, and its evident in the handshake line too. It promotes the Big East, and it's good for its members. We've got the best collection of coaches in the country.

Reaction Score

I love what Dan said here re: Cam's S%!$ talking this particular program and fan base.

"I think he (referring to Cam) caught a little bit of karma there. I just think he went to that too early and he's got to reign that in... I know that there is some other fan bases and programs that I don't mind him s%!$ talking them but, um, I did not like him doing it near their bench and to their fans because these people here............ it's a classy program, it's a championship program and Cam should not be yelling s%!$ at their bench."

Dan Hurley has such a strong handle on how to be and stay classy towards those who have earned it and are worthy adversaries versus those programs and fan bases that deserve any and all attitude we can throw at them.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I love what Dan said here re: Cam's S%!$ talking this particular program and fan base.

"I think he (referring to Cam) caught a little bit of karma there. I just think he went to that too early and he's got to reign that in... I know that there is some other fan bases and programs that I don't mind him s%!$ talking them but, um, I did not like him doing it near their bench and to their fans because these people here............ it's a classy program, it's a championship program and Cam should not be yelling s%!$ at their bench."

Dan Hurley has such a strong handle on how to be and stay classy towards those who have earned it and are worthy adversaries versus those programs and fan bases that deserve any and all attitude we can throw at them.

Based on Andreas comments at the FF last year and his comments last night, I think it is pretty clear that Coach would be ok with Cam giving PC an earful this weekend if it doesn't hurt our winning chances.

Reaction Score
Other than him being on the court during play, I really like Shaka. Over the top sure, but it’s college basketball and that’s not always a bad thing in this game

Marquette is a really fun team to watch too. I like that program
Ha...Calhoun was the king of wandering onto the court!

Reaction Score
Maybe i am rewriting the mid 1990s to early 2000s. Did calhoun has issues with most BE coaches?

Reaction Score
Kudos to both coaches on praising each other. I admit, as a fan, I love the fire Cam brings. Hurley perfectly answered the press in relation to the 3pointer and technical foul called thereafter by simply saying we can’t disrespect this fanbase like that. Karma got him by missing the next couple attempts. But the respect between the programs is definitely elevating a bit between Hurley-Shaka. Blood on court, respect/admiration off-court. It’s great for big east.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not even in the same universe. Ollie probably did it more than Jim.
Calhoun is a big guy, he had toes over the line. Shaka has heels a foot over the line. I like the guy, they should just talk to him and if he doesn't stop, start giving him Ts. NCAA Tournament refs may well T him up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Calhoun is a big guy, he had toes over the line. Shaka has heels a foot over the line. I like the guy, they should just talk to him and if he doesn't stop, start giving him Ts. NCAA Tournament refs may well T him up.

Shaka is the most on-the-court coach I’ve seen.

Calhoun was a big out of the coach’s box guy, but not really on the court.

Shaka is a great coach, but they absolutely need to get his ass off the court. He basically defends the corner three.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score

Even when that coach is on the floor defending the corner three. Not saying we should not respect character but the coach should not be on the floor playing defense if he is the least, he should expect, is that a player is going to talk junk to him.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Shaka is the most on-the-court coach I’ve seen.

Calhoun was a big out of the coach’s box guy, but not really on the court.

Shaka is a great coach, but they absolutely need to get his ass off the court. He basically defends the corner three.

It seems that for right now there seems to be a gentlemen's coach agreement to not get after each other when being on the floor. (see: Shaheen and Hurley grab assing over it at Gampel) All it is going to take is one coach to go for an advantage and gamesmanship this and have a player intentionally dribble into a coach on the floor (for example Karaban could've absolutely run into Shaka last night if Hurley told him to) to force the refs to call it and gain a tech foul shots in a close, important game and you will see them in their boxes again.

I dont even consider this a ref issue any longer. The only reason the refs let it go is that no coaches complain about it. It's a coaching issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom