Status
Not open for further replies.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
McLean gets the so-called "UConn bump". Yet inexplicably, Bueckers drops to 2. No disrespect toward Cardoso but there is no way that she is better than Bueckers. I don't care what criteria they used.
Well, UConn no longer has a commitment from the number one player of 2020. That is not ;) acceptable.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
McLean gets the so-called "UConn bump". Yet inexplicably, Bueckers drops to 2. No disrespect toward Cardoso but there is no way that she is better than Bueckers. I don't care what criteria they used.
The only possible criterion is height.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Those USAB U-16 MVP awards are over rated. :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Bueckers has always been #2 at ASGR behind Cardoso; that based on tweets from McCormick who only releases a non-subscriber list maybe once a year if that. No idea where Mclean has been ranked by him. You're thinking of her ranking at other places like ESPN or PN.

As with all lists, I have quibbles. I think Gusters is way too high but he's always had her up there. That said, and fwiw, if UConn hits on their last two targets they will have #'s 1-2-11-17 on ASGR plus Muhl.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Also should note that Piath Gabriel, another UConn POI, is ranked #107 on the above ASGR list.

I don't recall McCormick ever giving numerical values to players but he does here. Cardoso the only 99, Bueckers the only 98, Edwards the last of eight 97's.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, Olsen must've messed with some of his rankings lately too because there are changes at ESPN.

2020:

Mir Mclean is up 11 spots to #21.

They keep moving Aaliyah Edwards down for some inexplicable reason. She went from 22nd to 26th in this latest re-shuffling.

He also made changes to the 2021 class.

Aaliyah Moore and Payton Verhulst each up one spot to 7 and 8.

Kiki Iriafen up three spots to #9.

Raven Johnson also up three spots to #13.

Saylor Poffenbarger climbs from 21st to 17th.

Jersey Wolfenbarger up from 23rd to 19th.

Teoni Key was a big mover. She was in the 50's I believe and is now #21.

Reaction Score
And that’s why these rankings shouldn’t be taken seriously. Just fan’s opinions.

Reaction Score
Also should note that Piath Gabriel, another UConn POI, is ranked #107 on the above ASGR list.

I don't recall McCormick ever giving numerical values to players but he does here. Cardoso the only 99, Bueckers the only 98, Edwards the last of eight 97's.
LOL. I’d love to see the mathematical equations they use to come up with these hair splitting numbers.

Reaction Score
BTW, Olsen must've messed with some of his rankings lately too because there are changes at ESPN.

2020:

Mir Mclean is up 11 spots to #21.

They keep moving Aaliyah Edwards down for some inexplicable reason. She went from 22nd to 26th in this latest re-shuffling.

He also made changes to the 2021 class.

Aaliyah Moore and Payton Verhulst each up one spot to 7 and 8.

Kiki Iriafen up three spots to #9.

Raven Johnson also up three spots to #13.

Saylor Poffenbarger climbs from 21st to 17th.

Jersey Wolfenbarger up from 23rd to 19th.

Teoni Key was a big mover. She was in the 50's I believe and is now #21.

Hair styles could be making a major impact on these numerous moves. Just give me Iriafen and Edwards and call it a day.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hair styles could be making a major impact on these numerous moves. Just give me Iriafen and Edwards and call it a day.

Those two are in different classes. I like 'em both though I've seen a lot less of Iriafen.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Bret had Gabby Williams at No 2 when most services had dropped her way down after her ACL's. Just looking at his public rankings for a number of years I got the impression that he must attend different events and/or use a different system. He often seems to have one or two outliers compared to PN or ESPN.

But players are what they are. I haven't watched Cardosa play a game and she may be that huge of a weapon. It doesn't change Bueckers one iota. I'd like UConn to get a 6'6"+ post who can play like a number 1. And I am positive that if Bueckers was dropped everywhere to #2 it would only serve as an incentive.

Reaction Score
Looks like Maya Moore was speaking at Kiki Rice’s school:

Who is she??? Is Uconn recruiting her? Don't see much Uconn could use here tell geno to move on until something better shows up. All recruits just don't live up to expectations. Where'd she come from???

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Who is she??? Is Uconn recruiting her? Don't see much Uconn could use here tell geno to move on until something better shows up. All recruits just don't live up to expectations. Where'd she come from???

KiKi Rice is an elite prospect of the 2022 class that UConn is very much interested in. She's ranked 6th at ESPN and 8th at Blue Star.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
A Paige Bueckers video compilation of previous highlights mixed with a few new ones as well:

Paige reminds me of Diana, but some of her ankle-breaking and no-look passes remind me of MoJeff's high school highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom