September UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

September UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lattimore is no longer considering UConn after receiving an offer this summer:

How can you tell? There are at least 28 schools listed there and I can't see the bottom of the pic. Is that a "final" list or is she just showing school logos for fun?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Where was it reported that UConn extended an offer?

Reaction Score
How can you tell? There are at least 28 schools listed there and I can't see the bottom of the pic. Is that a "final" list or is she just showing school logos for fun?
It is actually 31 schools, a few more are on the bottom of the second page. Not sure how hard it is to narrow it down to 31.

I’m guessing one of two things happened:
1) UConn moved on.
2) She is one of those “trailblazers” that come along every so often.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm I'm sure there was an expression of interest, but I don't think Geno has ever met her.
I was thinking the same, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was at Crestwood Secondary at some point over the last year or so checking out Lattimore and Edwards.

To my knowledge, though @Sluconn Husky could certainly confirm/deny, Edwards has not been on campus either.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was thinking the same, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was at Crestwood Secondary at some point over the last year or so checking out Lattimore and Edwards.

To my knowledge, though @Sluconn Husky could certainly confirm/deny, Edwards has not been on campus either.

UConnCat would be more likely to know if Geno visited Crestwood, but that hasn't been reported anywhere.

Edwards and Jasmine Lister began following one another on social media the day after the U19 World Cup ended back in July. Crestwood had been following Jasmine for a while which could've been for either or both Edwards and Lattimore.

Edwards has not visited that I'm aware of.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I don't believe Geno has been to Crestwood and if he had he would not have been able to have direct contact with Lattimore. Jasmine attended a Crestwood game earlier this year.

There is not a lot known about UConn's interest in Edwards and vice versa. There is circumstantial evidence to suggest mutual interest but nothing has been confirmed mostly because of how private Edwards has been about her recruitment.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Chris Dailey watched Aaliyah Edwards in person at the U19 World Cup just prior to the co-follows between Edwards and Lister.

UConn was also present for at least one AAU event Edwards played in this summer.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
One other note: as UConnCat pointed out to me, Mir Mclean is following Aaliyah Edwards on Twitter.

There are no obvious non-UConn reasons for Mclean to be following Edwards. They are from different countries, have never crossed paths on the AAU circuit as they play in different divisions, and have never faced one another internationally.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
One other note: as UConnCat pointed out to me, Mir Mclean is following Aaliyah Edwards on Twitter.

There are no obvious non-UConn reasons for Mclean to be following Edwards. They are from different countries, have never crossed paths on the AAU circuit as they play in different divisions, and have never faced one another internationally.
Pardon my ignorance about Twitter, has Edwards reciprocated with McLean?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Pardon my ignorance about Twitter, has Edwards reciprocated with McLean?

No though she is following the UConn women's account, one of only 125 she's following.

Reaction Score
Lattimore is no longer considering UConn after receiving an offer this summer:

Wait. So this girl is considering like 30 schools that she likely has offers from and axed UConn from her list?

Sounds to me like she didn’t actually have a UConn offer or she just doesn’t like dogs or something. It would be too odd to post THAT many other school logos and exclude one of the top programs in the nations....

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Wait. So this girl is considering like 30 schools that she likely has offers from and axed UConn from her list?

Sounds to me like she didn’t actually have a UConn offer or she just doesn’t like dogs or something. It would be too odd to post THAT many other school logos and exclude one of the top programs in the nations....

Ya know, Evelyn doesn't like dogs and not only managed to come to UConn, but posed with Jonathan when they were doing pictures in Gampel. Maybe we could put her on the case!

But, seriously, it is what it is. On to the next.

Reaction Score

Or, she realizes that UConn is in a really good spot with other bigs(Gabirel and DeBerry) and already has ONO on the roster. Maybe she just doesn't want to sit on the bench for 3 years before she plays? These kids know a lot more than us about where everybody is leaning.

Reaction Score
Do you think interest in Gabriel reveals that UConn does not feel like they are in a good position with Cardosa?

possibly shows a bizarre lack of interest from anybody over 6'1" in the class but who really knows...........:rolleyes::p

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
. . . It would be too odd to post THAT many other school logos and exclude one of the top programs in the nations....
Fixed for you. This is the jump the shark moment for interest lists. Unless you're the second coming of Diana Taurasi (and the closest I've seen to her already committed to UConn this past spring), I don't want to hear about it until you're down to your half dozen top contenders.

Reaction Score
Fixed for you. This is the jump the shark moment for interest lists. Unless you're the second coming of Diana Taurasi (and the closest I've seen to her already committed to UConn this past spring), I don't want to hear about it until you're down to your half dozen top contenders.
It didn’t seem like it was a narrowed down list. It seemed rather like a list of all offers or interest or something. I don’t think I’ve seen any other recruit post that many logos at once to this point

Reaction Score
Hmmmm I'm sure there was an expression of interest, but I don't think Geno has ever met her.
I am from Toronto and this is only a great marketing scheme. She might have received a letter from UConn asking about her Summer schedule but that's probably it. Crestwood is very good at marketing their girls, especially Latasha and Shayeann.

Reaction Score
It didn’t seem like it was a narrowed down list. It seemed rather like a list of all offers or interest or something. I don’t think I’ve seen any other recruit post that many logos at once to this point
Another marketing scheme from Crestwood to get people talking about Latasha. It seems to have worked.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe the UConn Logo is behind the Ball? ;)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Most of these kids think they're transcendent talents. In my mind Angel Reese is a fine example. What they don't realize is that unless you dominate at absolutely every level, and I mean dominate every game, including FIBA U games, you're not going to dominate at the next two levels. I remember saying about Reliah Boothe that I wanted to be a fly on the wall in the gym at her first practice at MD when she realized she wasn't the best player in the country. That indeed, she wasn't even the best player in the gym. I then said I wanted to see how she would respond to that. As Geno says, yes most of these players coming out of HS think they're DT or MJ. But if you come to UConn you will be exposed. The truth is at most top level programs in MCBB and WCBB you will be exposed. It's how you respond to that fact that is most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom