September UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

September UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I am from Toronto and this is only a great marketing scheme. She might have received a letter from UConn asking about her Summer schedule but that's probably it. Crestwood is very good at marketing their girls, especially Latasha and Shayeann.

Thanks and welcome.

Reaction Score
Can't they practice with the team? If so I'd love to see Paige play with/against Williams & Westbrook.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Brink (2nd ) > Van Lith (3rd) :confused::confused:

It seems like a promotional list for Oregon. And I would not describe Lauren Betts as "rail thin" either. But it's always nice to see two future Huskies on 1st teams.

Reaction Score
It seems like a promotional list for Oregon. And I would not describe Lauren Betts as "rail thin" either. But it's always nice to see two future Huskies on 1st teams.

;) I saw that.

No Cardoza. Well, if she committs to a PAC 12 team it'll be different. :rolleyes:

I'll take Cardoza, Bueckers, Fudd, and two people drawn randomly from the stands on my team. :D

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I know that All-American status should be based on accomplishments and recruiting ranking is based on the expected fit at the next level, but this list has Treasure Hunt in the top 5 and HoopGurlz has her at #28 in her class. That’s a huge disparity.

I trust Geno. He thought that Paige and Azzi could have given us 15 good bench minutes in 2016-17. They were the 2 best players in high school last year, even better than Jones and Horston. They are the creme de la creme.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Mystics will have at least one more home game this season. They may have a game 5 against Las Vegas. They may have games 1 and 2 against Connecticut or Los Angeles. As you are watching WNBA MVP Elena Delle Donne and her teammates, keep in mind that the arena scoring record is held by a high school sophomore. Azzi Fudd tallied 38 points in the D.C. City Title game against a very good but helpless Georgetown Visitation team. I saw her in person several times last year. Azzi was unstoppable.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lattimore is no longer considering UConn after receiving an offer this summer:

Lol, we are the only team she isn't interested in.

Reaction Score
I know Cardosa is planning a visit to UConn. Does anyone know if it will happen thr weekend of first night?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lol, we are the only team she isn't interested in.
I think we might be typically making too much out of this one snap shot. One of the schools not present in the picture is Michigan, yet Latasha has definitely visited Michigan as prominently pictured on her Instagram. She also class of 2021 meaning there is plenty of time for her to get interested in UCONN or UCONN to become interested in her.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think we might be typically making too much out of this one snap shot. One of the schools not present in the picture is Michigan, yet Latasha has definitely visited Michigan as prominently pictured on her Instagram. She also class of 2021 meaning there is plenty of time for her to get interested in UCONN or UCONN to become interested in her.
I was commenting on the sheer number of schools there. It's like a NCAA membership roster.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Michigan is at the bottom of the image (you have to look at the "second" picture in this post, it's really just scrolled down the image...just shows how many school she has).
Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 10.03.24 AM.png

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I was commenting on the sheer number of schools there. It's like a NCAA membership roster.
Michigan is at the bottom of the image (you have to look at the "second" picture in this post, it's really just scrolled down the image...just shows how many school she has).
Agree that this is quite a few schools. She is a very talented young lady with a lot of options. The absence of UCONN from the list might just be her being realistic. In this class, at forward position UCONN has documented offers to DeBerry, Rayah Marshall, & Poffenbarger. Don't know where UCONN interest currently lies, but at one time Jillian Hollingshead and Teonni Key were also being evaluated by the staff at the forward spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom