September UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

September UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
New Finnish piece on Awak Kuier translated through Google.

Kuier's coach in Finland says she is 50/50 about whether to go pro or attend college and that she's in no hurry to make that decision. He also says the "top two schools in the University Ranking" are very interested in her though who that refers to exactly is not revealed. Awak herself is quoted and seems open to college.

The article implies that Kuier will graduate late next year which makes me think she might be in the '21 class.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
New Finnish piece on Awak Kuier translated through Google.
Kuier's coach in Finland says she is 50/50 about whether to go pro or attend college and that she's in no hurry to make that decision. He also says the "top two schools in the University Ranking" are very interested in her though who that refers to exactly is not revealed. Awak herself is quoted and seems open to college.
The article implies that Kuier will graduate late next year which makes me think she might be in the '21 class.
My turn to be a wet blanket now. 50/50 chance of her turning pro is not very encouraging to UCONN chances at this point IMO. If she is indeed class of '21 she will be 20 years old when she set foot on campus (DoB is August 19, 2001) Assuming a minimum of 1 year at UCONN the earliest she can enter the WNBA draft would be April '23 a few months shy of her 22 birthday. Were she to simply turn pro next year at 19 she could be in the WNBA draft by April '21 at the tender age of 20.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Julianna Okosun, the Danish center UConn had interest in, has committed to Marquette.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Kiki Rice deserves to be in the conversation somewhere.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jaelyn is Class of 2022 and Crystal's height. She has a letter (not offer) from Geno.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Jaelyn went to basketball camps at Michigan, Louisville, and UCLA this summer.

Reaction Score
Jaelyn went to basketball camps at Michigan, Louisville, and UCLA this summer.
For her the game is like shooting fish in a barrel. She sees everything and shoots 3s like foul shots. I’ve said before, IMO regardless of the guru rankings, she’ll be the best PG coming out in the ‘22 class.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For her the game is like shooting fish in a barrel. She sees everything and shoots 3s like foul shots. I’ve said before, IMO regardless of the guru rankings, she’ll be the best PG coming out in the ‘22 class.

Admittedly, I have not watched much tape on Bates, but Kiki Rice(tall PG almost 6' with length, rebounds well, floor general with great court awareness, shines in the mid-range game, great distributor) and Londynn Jones(small 5'5, quick, leftie, that can penetrate and dish as well as shoot the 3 ball, gets after you defensively, can really shine in uptempo) are both really really good PGs in the 2022 class.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Admittedly, I have not watched much tape on Bates, but Kiki Rice(tall PG almost 6' with length, rebounds well, floor general with great court awareness, shines in the mid-range game, great distributor) and Londynn Jones(small 5'5, quick, leftie, that can penetrate and dish as well as shoot the 3 ball, gets after you defensively, can really shine in uptempo) are both really really good PGs in the 2022 class.

After watching Rice with the US team, I don't see her as a PG at all. She's more of a play-making small forward who really has to work on her shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom