September non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

September non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not sure what this is all about . . .

“wouldn't be surprised if the staff has heard the negative recruiting stuff said by others to the recruits through the recruits, and has leaked what they said to Maria, who they can count on to publish something like this as a prominent beat writer for LV's. The staff is using Maria to inform the offending enemy recruiters that UT staff is aware of their lying tactics, and back off or else.”

They are hilarious and delusional!
The spin is unreal and entertaining at the same time. Like watching a train wreck!

Reaction Score
Something tells me this is about Rosario
Maybe Rosario chose LSU and the word got out as to what pitch Kim gave for her to decide between LSU and tennessee negatively ? Or the opposite , Rosario chose tennessee and while secretly committing she informed coach kelly oF THE reservations she had based off what Mulkey stated during recruitment which took so long to make a decision ? Who knows , but its clearly either LSU or Texas trying to pull a Maya Moore on the LV's LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Maybe Rosario chose LSU and the word got out as to what pitch Kim gave for her to decide between LSU and tennessee negatively ? Or the opposite , Rosario chose tennessee and while secretly committing she informed coach kelly or reservations she had based off what Mulkey stated during recruitment which took so long to make a decision ? Who knows , but its clearly either LSU or Texas trying to pull a Maya Moore on the LV's LOL
WFFL you’re too much lol

Reaction Score
Sad story about her HS years. She rebounded though and should be able to rebuild. I hope the school gives her a nice budget.
Didn't Geno have an ass. job there?
Yes, I believe it was his 1st women’s college coaching job. An assistant to Debbie Ryan.

Reaction Score
Probably...whenever a kid has a handler shady stuff seems to happen and be said
Makes me think of Esmery Martinez and her handler but Rosario doesn’t seem like that kind of kid but I noticed that as well…

Reaction Score
Maybe Rosario chose LSU and the word got out as to what pitch Kim gave for her to decide between LSU and tennessee negatively ? Or the opposite , Rosario chose tennessee and while secretly committing she informed coach kelly oF THE reservations she had based off what Mulkey stated during recruitment which took so long to make a decision ? Who knows , but its clearly either LSU or Texas trying to pull a Maya Moore on the LV's LOL
Or maybe Rosario has chosen LSU freely and Tennessee is doing advanced damage control.
It's not at all obvious that Tennessee had the inside track on ADR and that other teams are trying to make inroads.
This is all pure speculation and we won't know what is really happening until ADR chooses a school and comments about her recruiting.

Reaction Score
Or maybe Rosario has chosen LSU freely and Tennessee is doing advanced damage control.
It's not at all obvious that Tennessee had the inside track on ADR and that other teams are trying to make inroads.
This is all pure speculation and we won't know what is really happening until ADR chooses a school and comments about her recruiting.
True , but the way the LV fans make it seem as though they are front runners for ADR and Velez so unless something has changed with this being a shake up im anxious to know the end result. That piece will make everything else make sense whether its schools throwing dirt gossip on their name , or damage control because of what's coming .

Reaction Score
True , but the way the LV fans make it seem as though they are front runners for ADR and Velez so unless something has changed with this being a shake up im anxious to know the end result. That piece will make everything else make sense whether its schools throwing dirt gossip on their name , or damage control because of what's coming .
To be honest TN fan acts this way about most recruits (not criticizing). Fans will be fans and be optimistic about potential recruits, everyone can relate. If you are in their final top 5/top whatever, you have a shot at landing them as they are considering you. They could end up both going to TN, end up both going to LSU, or heck both could land at neither. Truth is no one knows and people are relying on 2nd hand gut feeling information as far I can tell.

I personally have nothing against Tennessee but I'm not a fan of Maria using Pat's image to send a message about potential "negative recruiting". It just looks like sour grapes in a way or damage control. I'd expect this from a fan, not from someone with sincere close inside access to Tennessee's WBB program.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
And, if Maria is considered part of the media, the Tennessee coaches should not be discussing unsigned recruits with her as that is considered an NCAA violation. So, Maria could end up doing more harm than good . . .

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I personally have nothing against Tennessee but I'm not a fan of Maria using Pat's image to send a message about potential "negative recruiting". It just looks like sour grapes in a way or damage control. I'd expect this from a fan, not from someone with sincere close inside access to Tennessee's WBB program.
She's been doing this for years. Coach A, B, C, D, .... engage in negative recruiting against Tennessee or cheat in recruiting. She never produces facts, just vague accusations. Her minions then let their imaginations run wild.

Tennessee coaches never do any of that, of course, though most old timers in the sport know Pat was no saint when it came to recruiting.

Whether the unsubstantiated accusations are true or not she'll have a spin ready for any outcome. If Tennessee lands the recruits, then Kelly Harper and her staff overcame the negative recruiting and prevailed. If they lose the recruits, then it's only because the other coaches played dirty. It's all very strange.

Reaction Score
Tennessee fans put stock into what Coach Jumper has to say. That should tell you all you need to know.

Reaction Score
To be honest TN fan acts this way about most recruits (not criticizing). Fans will be fans and be optimistic about potential recruits, everyone can relate. If you are in their final top 5/top whatever, you have a shot at landing them as they are considering you. They could end up both going to TN, end up both going to LSU, or heck both could land at neither. Truth is no one knows and people are relying on 2nd hand gut feeling information as far I can tell.

Exactly if she was going to put that narrative out there she should have said whom she was referring to . You can't say those types of things and not specify directly whom its for. Makes you look less credible imo of maria tbh.

Reaction Score
And, if Maria is considered part of the media, the Tennessee coaches should not be discussing unsigned recruits with her as that is considered an NCAA violation. So, Maria could end up doing more harm than good . . .
Or it could be a silent recruit that has committed & signed to where she feels comfortable speaking on it because the recruit may have informed the staff ? Imagine ADR already committed and signed , but still waiting for Velez to do the same or vice versa? It's all wonky , I'm ready for the end result .

Reaction Score
Or it could be a silent recruit that has committed & signed to where she feels comfortable speaking on it because the recruit may have informed the staff ? Imagine ADR already committed and signed , but still waiting for Velez to do the same or vice versa? It's all wonky , I'm ready for the end result .
I thought they can't sign until November? She can commit but early signing period is November 9th-16th. I don't think thats what its about. My take is a current 23 recruit(s) status feels potentially threatened and she isn't happy about it. Or the alternative is they are bracing for bad news.

If TN landed Rosario/Booker/etc I doubt they would care near as much. Why would you? I wouldn't care if my recruiting opponent is talking bad about me if I keep continuing to haul in top kids? I would just laugh my way to the bank

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Nobody from the 2023 class is allowed to sign until mid-November.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I thought they can't sign until November? She can commit but early signing period is November 9th-16th. I don't think thats what its about. My take is a current 23 recruit(s) status feels potentially threatened and she isn't happy about it. Or the alternative is they are bracing for bad news.

If TN landed Rosario/Booker/etc I doubt they would care near as much. Why would you? I wouldn't care if my recruiting opponent is talking bad about me if I keep continuing to haul in top kids? I would just laugh my way to the bank
Womens Basketball Sport GIF by LSU Tigers

Reaction Score

Apparently the issue of bad mouthing the school was not associated with the people we have mentioned. It's the recruit that just committed to UVA last week that visited and left with Tenn pulling the cold shoulder on her being recruited that sparked this bad mouthing .

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
Tennessee fans put stock into what Coach Jumper has to say. That should tell you all you need to know.
As a Tennessee lady vol fan, I’m embarrassed to have to be associated with such a character as coach jumper. And yes, I hope he reads this. I even think Coach Harper is aware of who he is and how he tries to associate/promote himself with the program. If you read volnation enough, you know who jumper is and some of the outrageous comments he makes from time to time

Reaction Score
As a Tennessee lady vol fan, I’m embarrassed to have to be associated with such a character as coach jumper. And yes, I hope he reads this. I even think Coach Harper is aware of who he is and how he tries to associate/promote himself with the program. If you read volnation enough, you know who jumper is and some of the outrageous comments he makes from time to time
Coach jumper is entertaining but for the wrong reasons. Idk how much access he truly has within the program but I can’t imagine Coach Harper being pleased with some of his stunts with potential recruits. Heck, remember when Rickea Jackson posted a picture from her LSU visit then went off on her? He then walked back his comments after she committed to TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom