September non-UConn recruiting thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

September non-UConn recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Olson to Michigan wow that's a surprise , i just knew she would choose to come up northeast dammit !

Reaction Score
Olson to Michigan wow that's a surprise , i just knew she would choose to come up northeast dammit !
Face of the program syndrome? Actually I shouldn’t speculate. Many reasons to pick UMich. Basketball might not be the deciding factor.

Reaction Score

Kymora Johnson (#30 2023) will be announcing her commitment on Sept 11. Offers from Baylor, Maryland, Virginia, WV, UNC, Ohio St, Ole Miss, Oregon, Miami, VT, and more

Has visited Virginia and Baylor, not sure of any other visits

I believe this young lady also visited Tennessee just last week and somehow either she lost interest or Tennessee staff did after the visit . She visited with other recruits so not sure what happened their , but they stopped recruiting her right after.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Hannah Hidalgo coming to ND this weekend for an official, joined by commit Emma Risch.

The accompanying article by Eric Hansen indicates that Coach Niele Ivey is hoping to for "two to three" 2023 commits. Emma Risch is already one of them, so one can deduce that the Hidalgo is another prime target, as is Cassandre Prosper. This is pretty much what Benchers have been working on, ounce Jadyn Donovan decided to become a devil; err, Blue Devil. ;)

BTW, If you click on the link, there's some other interesting news:

• Apparently, the Irish are interested in Sarah Strong, as well. This interest could've developed once Donovan went to Duke or may have been there all along and no one knew about it.
  • Had an itch that ND was interested in Kateryna "Kate" Koval, but Hansen confirmed it.

And in non-recruiting news:
- Kylee Watson is apparently looking good during summer workouts. The former Irish prospect who transferred in, is showing both a strong post game and an ability to face the rim and hit the mid-range jumper. I've said this before, but she reminds me a bit of Taya Reimer in Reimer's first two years (when she was interested in playing D-1 hoops).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aalyah Del Rosario, Angelica Velez and Maddie Cox visiting LSU this weekend.
Kim better whip out the bunt cakes and fried ice cream to real these 3 gals in and complete this miraculous turn around within 2 years. She's already out recruited Nikki Fargas in less than 12 months LOL . Imagine these players with Mikayla and Flaugee !!

Reaction Score
Kim better whip out the bunt cakes and fried ice cream to real these 3 gals in and complete this miraculous turn around within 2 years. She's already out recruited Nikki Fargas in less than 12 months LOL . Imagine these players with Mikayla and Flaugee !!
Lord if I were the coach I would just feed the recruits as much as possible. You can't lose with that strategy (especially Crawfish season)

Boggles my mind still how much Fargas struggled recruiting. Van Chancellor recruited well actually when he was hired after Pokey but he was very past his prime when hired and could never do much since Fowles graduated. Fargas had success early on with a lot of good players she inherited (Plaissance, Jeanne Kenny and company) and had a few very good years but never ended up winning a single NCAAT game with a roster 100% hers. She seems to be happy in her new role with the Aces. I saw an interview with her done a couple months ago and she mentioned coaching became draining to her and felt things worked out. I imagine she is extremely happy to have more time with her family.

Reaction Score
FcFcIhJWQAAPEt2

Interesting final 3

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Aalyah Del Rosario, Angelica Velez and Maddie Cox visiting LSU this weekend.
Good scheduling since LSU (football) plays Southern University at home. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Im gonna laugh out loud! If Tennessee misses out on these recruits.
Maybe I’m a Debbie downer but I’m not super confident in landing any of these 3 this weekend.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Good scheduling since LSU (football) plays Southern University at home. :rolleyes:

Texas hosting Alabama for football today yielded unofficial visits from 2024 Justice Carlton and 2025 Aaliyah Chavez, as well as a few more from national champion Cy Fair Elite club team, including 2023 verbal commitment, Gisella Maul.

Apparently, 2023 Madison Booker was on her official visit.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmm. TX got beaten by historic program Alabama after almost pulling out a great upset . I have a feeling history will repeat itself in our TX matchup. :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Texas hosting Alabama for football today yielded unofficial visits from 2024 Justice Carlton and 2025 Aaliyah Chavez, as well as a few more from national champion Cy Fair Elite club team, including 2023 verbal commitment, Gisella Maul.

Bama needed help from the refs.

Reaction Score

Scary is right. Impressive for the Cy Fair AAU program too.

Reaction Score
Coach Purcell has two good visit weekends in a row. He just needs to close the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom