September 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

September 2020 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
She is very good and a dynamic 6'3" power wing type player. A complete offensive skill set and a great and versatile defensive motor.

With Iriafen gone, this is my new #1 prospect. Reminds me of Holdsclaw coming out of HS although Barker may be a better transition ballhandler and 3 shooter.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Aaliyah isn't a post but I catch your drift.
Right. I misspoke when I said post and realized it later. But I wanted to include her as I expect her, at 6'3", to be dynamic on the inside. I believe she shoots well from 15 to the arc, but doesn't have enough range to be considered a wing. Great stretch 4 with a powerful physique. I really can't wait to see what she can do. Looking to the future. I think it's a shame that Geno is limited to submitting 3 players for AA. I hated to see Nurse be the 4th best player behind 3 AA's for her entire career. At least she got one DPOY.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She is very good and a dynamic 6'3" power wing type player. A complete offensive skill set and a great and versatile defensive motor.

Now I understand why I was not familiar with her. She is in the class of 2022 and besides Brady I have not been following that class. Thanks for the information.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
After Azzi commits, I'll ask her, if I see her. If she commits elsewhere, I don't care so much.
So coy MIl...I hope you share all you know about her recruiting story after she finally pulls the trigger.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Another photo from this past weekend's Blue Star camp get-together featuring Fudd, DeBerry, and UConn target Ayanna Patterson ('22) (red shirt).

Ei8sVk4XYAAF_YX

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So coy MIl...I hope you share all you know about her recruiting story after she finally pulls the trigger.
I know very little other than what I read. The family lives maybe 8 miles away, and I've seen her play some over 3 seasons at SJC. She seems very likable as a young woman, and her basketball skills are exceptional. My fingers are crossed.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I know very little other than what I read. The family lives maybe 8 miles away, and I've seen her play some over 3 seasons at SJC. She seems very likable as a young woman, and her basketball skills are exceptional. My fingers are crossed.
So you are saying that you know exactly where she is going and when she is going to tell us...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nope. I'm thinking she'll announce for earning signing week in November, unless the date is changed. My guess is that it comes down to UConn or Maryland. Just guesses. Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see.

Dont like Azzi wearing red. :eek:

Reaction Score
9 times:D

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Nope. I'm thinking she'll announce for earning signing week in November, unless the date is changed. My guess is that it comes down to UConn or Maryland. Just guesses. Like everyone else, I'm waiting to see.
I was trying to be funny. Weak attempt.

Reaction Score
She looks much better in BLUE! But the Terps have some unique appeal.
Could you share what that unique appeal might be other than watching your teammates come and go in Transfer City? ;) Or being able to watch your best friend reap the benefits of the pro prep program at UConn?

Reaction Score
I would t be surprised to see Azzi make her decision on November 11, her birthday and the sign her NLI.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Could you share what that unique appeal might be other than watching your teammates come and go in Transfer City? ;) Or being able to watch your best friend reap the benefits of the pro prep program at UConn?
1. Maryland is close to home, so, if fans are allowed, her family and friends can see her play in person.

2. Maryland is an Under Armour sponsored school. The UA founder and former CEO is an alum of Maryland and SJC. SJC is also an Under Armour school. The AAU team that Tim and Katie run and Azzi plays for is also UA sponsored. So Azzi has played for UA teams in high school and AAU.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
1. Maryland is close to home, so, if fans are allowed, her family and friends can see her play in person.

2. Maryland is an Under Armour sponsored school. The UA founder and former CEO is an alum of Maryland and SJC. SJC is also an Under Armour school. The AAU team that Tim and Katie run and Azzi plays for is also UA sponsored. So Azzi has played for UA teams in high school and AAU.

It makes one wonder how much influence (if any) her association with Under Amour will have in her final decision. Will she be allowed to decide where she wants to go without any parental/outside coaxing/prodding?

Does she want to stay close to home (some recruits do), or is she predisposed to join her bff in Storrs?

I can see her announcing her reveal on her November 11 birthday, a day that would be special for her in another way. She can celebrate her birthday and her reveal at the same time. November 11 is also Veterans Day.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I just can't see her parents selling her out for a summer league sponsor and some shoes. Especially with no money involved. They seem a lot more honorable than that.

Reaction Score
It makes one wonder how much influence (if any) her association with Under Amour will have in her final decision. Will she be allowed to decide where she wants to go without any parental/outside coaxing/prodding?

Does she want to stay close to home (some recruits do), or is she predisposed to join her bff in Storrs?

I can see her announcing her reveal on her November 11 birthday, a day that would be special for her in another way. She can celebrate her birthday and her reveal at the same time. November 11 is also Veterans Day.
Azzi has been under the microscope for so long, suspect she has a very broad view of college basketball and what motivates her. From a strictly basketball point of view, I find it hard to compare Maryland to UConn. One struggles to make the Top 20, the other is perpetually in the Final 4. Personally, who knows. With all the All Star games she plays in, Azzi likely has many friends in addition to her bff. I look back to the top high schools friends my son and daughter had and none of them went to the same school. I suspect UConn will win out for the total life development Geno provides each of his players. Azzi likely too smart to decide based on only 1-2 points.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if she who shall not be named does not make a decision by the early signing date if she is, in fact, terrible at making decisions as she has said in multiple interviews. Could be like Sabrina and wait until the very last minute.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if she who shall not be named does not make a decision by the early signing date if she is, in fact, terrible at making decisions as she has said in multiple interviews. Could be like Sabrina and wait until the very last minute.

I imagine it is very different since she cant visit campuses or see games during the Pandemic. Hard to see any new information being unearthed.

Reaction Score
The first post of this September thread was a post about "Her."

Odds on the last post being about "Her?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members