September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 13 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Oh noooo a questionable refereeing decision went against Los Vegas. How sad...I'll be over here playing the world's smallest violin.

Nothing ever goes right for the Aces besides repeatedly winning the lottery, Cambage forcing a trade to Vegas and Hamby throwing in a miracle game-winner.

Truly I'm torn up inside for them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oh noooo a questionable refereeing decision went against Los Vegas. How sad...I'll be over here playing the world's smallest violin.

Nothing ever goes right for the Aces besides repeatedly winning the lottery, Cambage forcing a trade to Vegas and Hamby throwing in a miracle game-winner.

Truly I'm torn up inside for them.

:oops: Well, you might have some points there.

Anyway I really only care about Plum, not the rest of the Aces.

I know your a big fan of the Sky. You're a Notre Dame fan though, right? Have you just written off McBride and Young because you don't like the Aces?

edit--I gotta walk back my previous statement here. I like Hamby and Wilson. I'm fine w/ most of the Aces players. Cambage does make it difficult to root for her.

Last edited:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I know your a big fan of the Sky. You're a Notre Dame fan though, right? Have you just written off McBride and Young because you don't like the Aces?

I like Jackie, KMac, Plum, Hamby, and A'ja. But my distaste for Cambage is almost as strong as my support for those players.

I'm actually wearing my Kayla McBride t-shirt as I type this, lol.

But after all the BS between the Aces and Sky this season, I gotta root Mystics all the way.

Plus, I still like EDD even after she forced her way out of Chicago and would like to see her win the title.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I like Jackie, KMac, Plum, Hamby, and A'ja. But my distaste for Cambage is almost as strong as my support for those players.

But after all the BS between the Aces and Sky this season, I gotta root Mystics all the way.

Plus, I still like EDD even after she forced her way out of Chicago and would like to see her win the title.

I must have a short memory, I can't really remember the history between the Aces and Sky during the season.

Well I'm glad you're still rooting for your ND players, just can't support the team they play for.

Yeah EDD pretty much pulled the exact same thing as Cambage did w/ the forced trade, but she's a lot easier to root for. I'm perfectly fine with her getting a Championship this year if it plays out that way.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I must have a short memory, I can't really remember the history between the Aces and Sky during the season.

Well I'm glad you're still rooting for your ND players, just can't support the team they play for.

Yeah EDD pretty much pulled the exact same thing as Cambage did w/ the forced trade, but she's a lot easier to root for. I'm perfectly fine with her getting a Championship this year if it plays out that way.

A summary of things that happened in the final regular season meeting between Vegas & Chicago.
  • Cambage got T'd up for yelling something at Dolson and/or the refs after scoring a basket
  • Cheyenne Parker got T'd up for squaring up with Cambage after they got entangled. Thankfully, Cambage wasn't in a fighting mood because Cheyenne definitely was.
  • Allie Quigley called out Cambage on twitter for calling Dolson a "fat (rear end)". Naturally, Cambage said that was a lie
  • 50 personal fouls were called in the game
  • James Wade ripped into the officials postgame - “They sent them to the free throw line for everything. Everything, everything,” Wade said. “That was absolutely atrocious. And then, at the end of the game, I’m smart enough to know that they were trying to call it, even up the calls. Y’all saw it. That was uncalled for. They were able to travel, do everything. "
It's safe to say the Sky and the Aces don't get along.

EDD leaving sucked but a) she was not the first person to force their way out of Chicago (Prince, Toliver, Fowles) and b) her sister is an obvious pull close to home. She dealt with a lot of injuries in Chicago and generally did everything possible to stay on the court. And she helped take the Sky to the WNBA Finals.

Cambage left the Shock/Wings franchise hanging for years and never took them anywhere. And she is the worst complainer in the league when it comes to the refs. Maybe co-worst with Candace Parker.

So yeah, I find EDD a lot easier to root for.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

You're a better mammal than I would be in that situation.

Reaction Score
:oops: Well, you might have some points there.

Anyway I really only care about Plum, not the rest of the Aces.

edit--I gotta walk back my previous statement here. I like Hamby and Wilson. I'm fine w/ most of the Aces players. Cambage does make it difficult to root for her.

That’s Why I can’t unless it’s vs the Sparks. Cambage just acts so childish

Reaction Score
Anybody see Fudd behind or on the mystics bench?
Noticed her in the second half, sitting just to the right of the scorers' table. And applauding whenever Washington made a shot. Don't know if she applauded for the Aces.
I want to see Washington win, but not on a blown no-call. I wouldn't have minded watching overtime.

Reaction Score
Noticed her in the second half, sitting just to the right of the scorers' table. And applauding whenever Washington made a shot. Don't know if she applauded for the Aces.
I want to see Washington win, but not on a blown no-call. I wouldn't have minded watching overtime.
Same here. That was definitely a foul. This will be a good series. Washington has plenty outside shooters and Vegas is a load to handle on the inside.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I saw Azzi at the arena--in the spring. She set and still holds the arena scoring record with 38 points.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Same here. That was definitely a foul. This will be a good series. Washington has plenty outside shooters and Vegas is a load to handle on the inside.

Would be fun if the WNBA had the 2 minute end of game report on fouls the NBA has. :oops::eek:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
To add to the controversy, Laimbeer says he was standing right next to a referee and yelling for a timeout as soon as they grabbed that last rebound. Says the ref even looked right at him...and did not grant the TO.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
To add to the controversy, Laimbeer says he was standing right next to a referee and yelling for a timeout as soon as they grabbed that last rebound. Says the ref even looked right at him...and did not grant the TO.

In the battle of good vs evil, everything is fair game. :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Good back and forth game so far, LA up 38-35 late in Q2. JJ has been a beast so far. Gray/Williams back court playing much better today for the Sparks. Nneka with another really good game. Not much from Candace so far. Banham and Hiedeman have both made an appearance after not playing at all in the first match up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Sun had fallen behind early by a big margin in Q1 but great effort on the boards (JJ) has allowed them to come back to take the lead 41-40 to end half 1. A good one.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
41-40 Connecticut at halftime.

JJ 15 points/8 boards
C. Williams 10 pts
A. Thomas 6 pts/10 boards

Nneka 13 points
R. Williams 12 pts
Gray 6 pts

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
29-14 rebounding advantage, including 12 O boards

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Q3 is getting ugly. Lots of whistles and it's getting fairly chippy. Connecticut is giving more than they're getting in that regard. 53-47 Sun.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LA is folding again like they did last game. 66-53 Sun late in Q3. Gray is marginally better than the first game but still a pale shadow of her normal self. She better find her game when they go back West if the Sparks have any chance.

Scratch that, now it's 66-57. It's pretty much the Ogwumike's on their own right now, the rest of the Sparks are AWOL. Parker an absolute no show today.

C. Williams has taken over this quarter.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
It kills me when these players complain to the refs. When I watch the games and just laugh at how physical it is now. It's gotten ridiculous. Why bother having refs? They are all killing each other on the court all the time without calls. The escalation of physicality has just turned me off to the sport. No more beautiful basketball like we used to see at UCONN in 1994.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
70-57 Sun after 3Q. Williams had 13 in the quarter. Her dad is a bit much w/ the sideline antics.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It kills me when these players complain to the refs. When I watch the games and just laugh at how physical it is now. It's gotten ridiculous. Why bother having refs? They are all killing each other on the court all the time without calls. The escalation of physicality has just turned me off to the sport. No more beautiful basketball like we used to see at UCONN in 1994.

Yeah, it's hand to hand combat out there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom