September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures | Page 3 | The Boneyard

September 2019 WNBA Discussions, scores, game info, pictures

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think the box scores are corrupted (I know WNBA and ESPN are saying the same thing) . I am watching the game on YES and Nurse does not have 49 or anything like that. She has not played all 30 minutes etc.

Ah, dang it, fake news.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I think the box scores are corrupted (I know WNBA and ESPN are saying the same thing) . I am watching the game on YES and Nurse does not have 49 or anything like that. She has not played all 30 minutes etc.
Ha now it finally makes sense. It was looking a little too ridiculous.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oops, good catch. Fixed.

The "overrated" vote went like this:
Top result: Candace Parker, Sparks (20.5%)
Runners-up: Kelsey Plum (12.8%), Kia Nurse (10.3%)
Also receiving multiple votes (in descending order): Liz Cambage, Skylar Diggins-Smith, Arike Ogunbowale

You know, now that I think about it, this poll is pretty weird. I don't think the NBA does anything like this. That's kind of a who's who of players to be on an "overrated" list. I can imagine all of them are wondering about who voted for them, and are looking to go out and kill some people on the court.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Now ESPN is showing Kia w/ more points than they are showing for New York as a team. I might've figured this out eventually on my own. What the heck ESPN?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Now ESPN is showing Kia w/ more points than they are showing for New York as a team. I might've figured this out eventually on my own. What the heck ESPN?

and WNBA.com. Same feeds I imagine.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Chicago Sky with a highly impactful OT comeback win over the Sun, from 10 down with 7 minutes to play. The result means the Mystics have the top seed locked up and the Sun will be #2.

I believe the Sparks have clinched the #3 seed because they own the head-to-head tiebreakers over both Vegas and Chicago. Interesting that all 6 of those games went to the home team; LA just happened to get the luck of the home court advantage in both series.

Vegas and Chicago are tied for 4th, but since Vegas owns the tiebreaker, the only way Chicago can get the first-round bye is if they can win at Washington in the season finale and Vegas loses at Phoenix.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Minnesota up big over Phoenix. If the ESPN box score is trustworthy this time looks like Taurasi isn't playing. Phoenix, Seattle and Las Vegas all seem to be going the wrong direction. At least one of them has to win a 1st round playoff game.

Box score shows Sloot w/ 11 assists, bringing her to 294. Would take something unexpected for her to not reach 300 now.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Minnesota up big over Phoenix. If the ESPN box score is trustworthy this time looks like Taurasi isn't playing. Phoenix, Seattle and Las Vegas all seem to be going the wrong direction. At least one of them has to win a 1st round playoff game.

Box score shows Sloot w/ 11 assists, bringing her to 294. Would take something unexpected for her to not reach 300 now.

Announcer's said Taurasi out with hamstring issue. Mercury losing their minds with the ref's and I got to admit, they have a point. One play had 3 T's.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There was a little snippet in my paper today, Sloot has passed Bird w/ 29 career double-doubles of the points/assists variety.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Playoff picture looking pretty certain.

Top 3 seeds have clinched--1. Washington, 2. Connecticut, 3. LA

Chicago loss or Vegas win tomorrow means Vegas gets the 4 seed. Chicago likely the 5th seed.

6 seed goes to Minny if they win or if Storm lose. Storm likely get 7th seed.

Phoenix has the 8th seed.

For draft lottery, NY's continued tanking assures them a 44% chance of the #1 pick and is guaranteed a top 3 pick.

Indiana has the 2nd best odds (27.6%), Dallas 3rd (17.8%) and Atlanta 4th (10.4%).

A lot can change, but the way it appears right now Cox and Ionescu look like the consensus top 2 picks headed toward the 2020 draft. Potentially a drop off at 3. Sabrina would be a fantastic addition to any of the 4 lotto teams besides maybe Dallas since they have AO, Diggins and Jefferson. Cox would fit in well anywhere but especially in Dallas IMO.

Reaction Score
Just finished uploading the last two Connecticut Sun post-game press conferences.

Dallas Wings vs Connecticut Sun - September 4, 2019

Reaction Score
Chicago Sky vs Connecticut Sun Postgame press conference - September 6, 2019

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lynx / Sparks on ESPN2. Probably lost in all the sports clutter but Lynx playing for host privileges.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Shenanigans w/ the Fever box score again? Showing Kelsey MItchell w/ 30 at halftime. Probably not?

Kinda crazy, on the last day of the season every team is playing and all of the games are going on simultaneously.

Reaction Score
Shenanigans w/ the Fever box score again? Showing Kelsey MItchell w/ 30 at halftime. Probably not?

Kinda crazy, on the last day of the season every team is playing and all of the games are going on simultaneously.
It’s true:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So the messed up box score from the last game was oddly prophetic for Mitchell.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

The idea is that teams that still have playoff implications will not be able to gain advanced knowledge (i.e unfair advantage) which will modify who/how they play etc.

Lynx are in trouble. Seattle winning big over Dallas and LA pulling away from the Lynx although Pheesa already has a double double and excelling as always

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
LA has been resting its starters for a good chunk of the 2nd half, it's a meaningless game for them. Bench holding onto the lead still, although it's tightening up.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LA has been resting its starters for a good chunk of the 2nd half, it's a meaningless game for them. Bench holding onto the lead still, although it's tightening up.

They were really keying on Sims and she was forcing too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom