Self Imposed Sanctions | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Self Imposed Sanctions

Reaction Score
This is the same penalty as teams get for paying players, except for a postseason ban (which we may have done last year!?!). So I would not say it is easy.
We definitely didn't get off easy but I think we might get more knowing that that the NCAA is the most corrupt organization outside of FIFA.

Reaction Score
I've long maintained this. In fact, it's one of my biggest gripes with the whole APR thing. Gross negligence on the part of the AD and the program.
Hathaway? Nahhhhh, couldn’t have been negligent.

Reaction Score
Bilas is lame, his whole take is lame. Amazing how many mouth breathers who know nothing of the case just blindly agree with a stupid tweet without question. Come on UConn fans, call bilas out, media has no right to spread false nonsense about UConn, last thing the school needs.

Oh god. Things are different outside the Boneyard bubble.

The most noteworthy thing about all of this is that it’s not even good cheating.

Reaction Score

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb 10 minutes ago
Former #UConn coach Kevin Ollie's attorney, Jacques Parenteau tonight: "UConn’s self-imposed ‘slap on the wrist’ is self-serving and disingenuous....

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb 9 minutes ago
....#UConn wants the NCAA to find against Coach Ollie because UConn thinks it will give the university a tactical advantage in the arbitration proceedings that Coach Ollie has brought against the University, where the stakes are well over $11 million...

Patrick Eaton-Robb @peatonrobb 9 minutes ago
...More disturbingly, #UConn is using its position of power as a member institution of the NCAA to influence the outcome of the proceedings involving Coach Ollie unlike the way they treated Coach Calhoun." _ Parenteau

Reaction Score
B5148002-E118-4D1D-A939-070F31A14464.png

Interesting twist in the Jay Bilas tweet saga

Reaction Score
Jay Bilas has had more to say about Ollie's so called "injustice" over the last year than the debacles at North Carolina, Louisville and Michigan St. He has had a bee in his bonnet for a while. He loves to cherry pick a few "noble" causes to make him look like a champion for the less fortunate, but just like Dickie V he chooses to ignore all the major indescretions from the major schools. I mean Vitale is still trying to convince people Pitino is clean and deserving of another shot. Its pathetic.

Reaction Score
I’m imagining this football PSA was keyion dixon? Glastonbury kid. That’s the only name I can think of that makes sense unless it was an AOF kid who didn’t end up coming to UConn

O’Reilly is also a Glastonbury kid who played football with Jalen

Reaction Score
so this means that Uconn can't play in the American tournament this year yes? If so there goes any chance of me watching, just can't watch the rest of the conference if Uconn is not in it

Reaction Score

The most noteworthy thing about all of this is that it’s not even good cheating.
Ya, that is my point. It is not good cheating, on Ollies part, so stop taking his side and slamming UConn.

Reaction Score
These NCAA rules are pretty stupid , the fact that Ray or Rudy can't face time a recruit is a joke. Its not like they took the kid out and wine and dined him.
Regardless, he knew the rules or at least should have, and broke them anyway. So he is either criminal or monumentally incompetent and stupid. Either way he is responsible and wrong.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
so this means that Uconn can't play in the American tournament this year yes? If so there goes any chance of me watching, just can't watch the rest of the conference if Uconn is not in it
huh? nothing here has to do with post-season play. Way to read the title of the thread then jump to the last page to throw in your two cents. Love it.

Reaction Score
Regardless, he knew the rules or at least should have, and broke them anyway. So he is either criminal or monumentally incompetent and stupid. Either way he is responsible and wrong.

Had he been winning, it would not be an issue, just like it was not an issue with Calhoun.

Reaction Score
Had he been winning, it would not be an issue, just like it was not an issue with Calhoun.
But it was an issue with Calhoun and the program was punished for it by the NCAA hence the clause in Ollie's contract. The University did not want a repeat performance. Ollie knew it was there, signed it, and still broke the rules despite his choir boy image. And by the way, the clause says you CAN fire someone for cause, not that you HAVE to. Of course winning matters. This is major college sports with millions of dollars on the line. This is not a moral or sentimental argument. It's a legal and practical one.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
When the Ollie team called Ollie's firing racist, I said this was "legalese". Attorneys being attorneys

Now I agree with Ollie's Attorney, this move by UConn is about "legalese". They're hoping this gives them more weight in their "just cause" argument.

I think UConn's argument is better than Ollie's with regard to these two statements, at least they have a hook to hang their hat on while Ollie's is really kinda silly, but I just don't put much weight on this stuff.

With regard to sanctions, I'm not really concerned about them given what we know, but the NCAA is not very reliable, consistent or predictable.

This is all just part of the ongoing legal process we all should know is going to continue

Reaction Score
... Now I agree with Ollie's Attorney, this move by UConn is about "legalese". They're hoping this gives them more weight in their "just cause" argument.

It’s more about having a specific timeframe to formally respond to the NCAA’s Notice of Allegations (it’s normally within 90 days but exceptions are granted). Believe the NOI hit very end of September.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OK, but this is all part of their plan from the beginning. Fire Ollie, talk to a fired former assistant coach, get dirt, tell the NCAA, then self impose low level sanctions.

I'm happy Hurley is our coach, I'm just talking about the process. And unlike so many other people on the internet, I DON'T have any sources :). Just an opinion

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Yeah if you’re gonna FaceTime why Ray? How about Stormy Daniels?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I actually am a little annoyed by the scholarship reduction. Even though its just one, its a shame the new staff cant recruit with a full arsenal of open scholarships.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that this ocurred after Kofi declared for Illinois. This is all done with Hurley’s input. Designed to have no real impact. We now have one open scholarship left for this year unless there is a transfer. But next year, he has one extra.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom