Self Imposed Sanctions | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Self Imposed Sanctions

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

I’m imagining this football PSA was keyion dixon? Glastonbury kid. That’s the only name I can think of that makes sense unless it was an AOF kid who didn’t end up coming to UConn

Reaction Score
So whaddya think? 32, 33 pages for this thread?

Reaction Score
If it stops here, this is fine but I have a feeling NCAA will add on more.
Aren’t self imposed sanctions typically done with the NCAA's input so that they are accepted by the NCAA without additional penalties? So I'll assume this is it. And I agree it's not too bad. We can live with 12 scholarship players next season. The 1 week hiatuses shouldn't hurt that much.

So this adds another year to Hurley's contract. That was part of his contract if there were recruiting sanctions.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Quality Friday news dump by AD Dave.
Well, Thursday’s budgetary news + today’s KO-inspired NCAA news could be laying all of the cards on the table before UConn’s BoT announces a new president.

Reaction Score
Had to know we weren't getting off scot-free. If the penalties are limited to those self-imposed, it's not too bad.

Reaction Score
Hey guys, maybe we can pull the Cuse self-ban move, huh???

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Thanks Kev
Are you too young to remember 2012? This is nothing compared to what happened then and how bad that hurt the program
This is rather mild, lets just plow ahead and get back to winning
The things that Adam Z is bringing, while most likely true, are things so many coaches do but they don't have a whistle blowing AD
KO is gone because he failed to produce and that's the way it should be - the other things are mild compared to what goes on in most big- time programs. Had to laugh at the remark that KO didn't read the NCAA rule/regulation book - like all the coaches have - if every coach played by the rules Europe would be full of American HS kids playing one year and declaring
We have a new coach that a majority of the folks wanted and supported - lets focus on him and hope he brings us back to upper echelon relevance
I too agree UConn should self ban themselves from post season play this season - it can't hurt

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just an educated guess. But if they're going after Wahab and checking JUCO and hinting at grad transfers I think they expect to bring in a couple more guys.

Is Mitchell done and dusted?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
For such a dirty program we suck at cheating.

I've long maintained this. In fact, it's one of my biggest gripes with the whole APR thing. Gross negligence on the part of the AD and the program.

Reaction Score
Had to know we weren't getting off scot-free. If the penalties are limited to those self-imposed, it's not too bad.
2019 off to a blazing start. Any chance this scared off our recruiting target today? Or Kofi for sure? We really seem to drop the ball at the worst times.

Reaction Score
Interesting conflict of interest our Admin dealt with when coming up with this list of penalties. Somewhere between making the infractions look serious enough to justify our position in the Ollie matter vs. leaving the program with as much ammo as Hurley might need moving forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom