Selection Show Thread | Page 24 | The Boneyard

Selection Show Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It’s time for Marquette to make a run. When was the last time Shaka did something in the tourney? Need them to make at least the elite 8

Reaction Score
Then you don’t think much of our team….if you think we should feel some sort of way about Florida Atlantic University.
Oh believe me, I think very highly of our team, but you must not be familiar with March Madness if you think playing a Final Four team that returned almost all of their players this year is going to be some cakewalk. I would rather us have to play quite a few teams that were better seeded than have to play FAU in the 2nd round.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
I was looking at the Auburn and Iowa State forums. They are both terrified and irrate that they are in the East with UCONN :cool:
SDSU over Auburn

BYU over Illinois

Let's Goooo!!!!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Tough road but we’re also a pretty good team I would say. And playing in our front and back yards for a few games. All of these teams have to prepare for US…

Reaction Score
That's IF they get to us!

Let's focus and win this thing!
RIght. We have a 2-game tournament to win in Brooklyn. Let's beat Stetson and FAU/Northwestern. That feels like a great draw to the Sweet 16.

But the rest of that Boston Sweet 16 bracket is a mystery. Every year there are crazy crazy upsets the first weekend. Let's not be among them.

Reaction Score
They don't get to actually pick. When I say "pick", the committee is essentially trying to place the geography for closest for the top 4 seeds.
So if given the choice between two essentially equidistant options, why would committee put the #15 overall seed with the #1, instead of #16?

Reaction Score
We are all worried about Iowa state, auburn, illinois. Let me remind you this is March madness and ANYTHING goes. We could win our frst two games and and see Yale or UAB even. One game at a time for a reason!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I am not worried at all!

It's March, I'm terrified because this is one and done. I have no doubt I will be terrified until 2:45 on Friday, at which point I will see our team play basketball and be reminded how good we are.

Reaction Score
So if given the choice between two essentially equidistant options, why would committee put the #15 overall seed with the #1, instead of #16?
Because the #15 seed is assigned to the closest geographic region first, the East

Reaction Score
Random thoughts.
Marquette missed their general on the court. Kolek doesn't have to score, just direct and facilitate. They are a for real #2 if he can.

PC, StJ, SH all would beat UVA and Izzo U 8/10 times. No respect!

Our path is fine. Who here cares about raising Sweet 16 or even Final 4 banners? We've had far worse paths when we were lower seeds and somehow came out on top.

Auburn doesn't have a true floor leader. They're deep, athletic and go to the line a ton. They will be taken down by a deliberate, rebounding team that hits their 3s.

Iowa State: They were the #8-ranked team before the Houston beat-down. They're peaking now and rely on elite guard play. I feel they can neutralize our guards to an extent but do not have a Clingan-stopper. We win most measurables but again, they're peaking. I actually like this match-up.

Illinois has the great Terrence Shannon. Stop him if you can to punch your next ticket.

The way to beat us is to neutralize Clingan and hit your 3s but he is the dragon that will not be slayed unless by the refs. The best way to just slow us is to press onto Newton, stop his penetration. It can be done but at the expense of open looks for Spencer and Karaban. The way Newton transformed into a facilitator last January was a huge key to our championship run and it continues at an elite level. Again, gigantic props to our coaching staff.

As said from November, the 3 keys to the repeat were Newton's return, Clingan on the court and Castle maturity. Back then we didn't know what Spencer would become. Castle surely is learning from his poor BET performance and given the chance to face teams who haven't seen him 3 times, I expect him to be a big plus.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call 1,000 extra miles "essentially equidistant", but even if it were only 200 miles, that's just the rules they use.

Reaction Score
That’s the way it came across from McClelland - instead of explaining how they focused on making the regions well balanced, he effectively said Uconn had their choice of regions (of course knowing they wanted to stay east) & opted for the region the committee already set up as the toughest.

A ridiculous response. Serious incompetence!
This is the most succinct explanation of his nonsense response to that question.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't call 1,000 extra miles "essentially equidistant", but even if it were only 200 miles, that's just the rules they use.
Sorry I meant the difference between Bama vs Auburn to either site.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
How does Wagner get a play-in but St John's doesn't? Wagner's 16-15 record is god awful - they lost games to Stonehill, CCSU, and the like.

Reaction Score
How does Wagner get a play-in but St John's doesn't? Wagner's 16-15 record is god awful - they lost games to Stonehill, CCSU, and the like.
because wagner won their conference?

Reaction Score
Maybe the selection committee is trying to do UConn a solid. They're saying, "Look folks, here's UConn the #1 seed overall playing in the toughest region, the East. Football shmootball. The Big Dance is our National Classic. NOW GET YOUR gnikcvf HEADS OUT OF YOUR ASSES AND INVITE U-C-O-N-N TO YOUR CONFERENCE!!!"

Note the teams in our region: 2 from B1G, 2 from Big 12, 1 from SEC, 1 from Pac 12. None from ACC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom