Selection Monday | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Selection Monday

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Aaliyah could be key in a Baylor matchup.

UCONN has to get by High Point first

lol.gif

Reaction Score
I can’t believe DePaul didn’t make the field. I was expecting at least 3 big east teams in. I guess recency bias comes into play cause they haven’t been great lately.
Charlie Creme had DePaul as the last team in & BYU as the first team out. The committee thought otherwise.

Reaction Score
There was no UConn to cut to, so they had to put something there. All the other teams they are showing the watch parties.
UConn never really does that sort of show watching photo op.

Reaction Score
This has been terrible, from a production standpoint. Maria is doing a horrendous job. You can tell she hasn't done one thing in women's hoops all year.

Reaction Score
I think this was done because in the past there was criticism of going into too many stories about teams while revealing the bracket. I'm happy they got the bracket announced, and they have time left to talk about stories now.
Nope! Tthey just focused on Stanford's travels & the two black coaches in the SEC tournament. Very little commentary on matchups or seedings.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme had DePaul as the last team in & BYU as the first team out. The committee thought otherwise.
No, he had UCF as his last team in and Mississippi State as first out.
He had DePaul as next-to-last in and BYU as 4th team out.

Reaction Score
Nope! Tthey just focused on Stanford's travels & the two black coaches in the SEC tournament. Very little commentary on matchups or seedings.

They have another hour of programming on ESPNU to breakdown the bracket after this reveal. This is where I'd expect them to break down matchups.

Reaction Score
ESPN has an article with Stanford as the #1 Overall --

"
Stanford: The No. 1 overall seed, the Cardinal won the last of their two NCAA titles in 1992, basically forever ago. But they are the only team in their regional that has won a national championship."

We're all confused, I know

Women's bracket winners, losers and what Auriemma's absence means for UConn
If UCONN is playing Baylor, then they are #2 & Baylor is #7. Stanford is #1 because they are playing #8 Louisville. No way Louisville is ranked ahead of Baylor.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Commercial
An awkward Maria Taylor showing more players dancing
Commercial

This is a pretty bad selection special.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ESPN has an article with Stanford as the #1 Overall --

"
Stanford: The No. 1 overall seed, the Cardinal won the last of their two NCAA titles in 1992, basically forever ago. But they are the only team in their regional that has won a national championship."

We're all confused, I know

Women's bracket winners, losers and what Auriemma's absence means for UConn
That just means they made NC State #3 and SC #4.

TAMU is #5 and MD is #6, and so they had to deviate from S-curve pairing TAMU with NC State.

Reaction Score
UConn never really does that sort of show watching photo op.
ESPN.....headquarters in Ct....there should be cameras on UCONN campus every selection show.....shame on ESPN.....Good thing UCONN can proof most teams that they are better...GOOD LUCK TO UCONN.

Reaction Score
ESPN.....headquarters in Ct....there should be cameras on UCONN campus every selection show.....shame on ESPN.....Good thing UCONN can proof most teams that they are better...GOOD LUCK TO UCONN.
They only do it if the team wants to be on tv. UConn hasn’t done that in years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom