• Samuels

• Strong

• Ziebell

• Cheli

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With the season fast approaching, it seems like discussions have begun again on who will start. There's really no wrong answer. It seems like Geno has had some comments on it, and I'm sure he has his own idea, but I'm betting he won't know for sure until practices start in earnest.

We still don't know how healthy everyone will be, especially Caroline, but based on what we know now...

Reaction Score
Here's my pick going off vibes alone. And I am probably very wrong.

• Paige (110% likely)
  • Chen
  • Jana
  • Shade
  • Sarah Strong

I think AG, Azzi, KK, and Morgan all have a good chance at starting as well. If I knew AG and Azzi were 100% healthy and looking back to their old selves, I'd say they absolutely will be starters. I remain uncertain as to whether or not Caroline will even be able to play this season, so I just don't see her as a starter right now (though again, if she was 100% healthy and good to return, she would be a starter IMO).

Reaction Score
Here's my pick going off vibes alone. And I am probably very wrong.

• Paige (110% likely)
  • Chen
  • Jana
  • Shade
  • Sarah Strong

I think AG, Azzi, KK, and Morgan all have a good chance at starting as well. If I knew AG and Azzi were 100% healthy and looking back to their old selves, I'd say they absolutely will be starters. I remain uncertain as to whether or not Caroline will even be able to play this season, so I just don't see her as a starter right now (though again, if she was 100% healthy and good to return, she would be a starter IMO).
I don't see Chen starting instead of KK. Off the bench she can sub for Paige, Shade or KK.

Reaction Score
Paige, Chen, Azzi, Ice, and Jana.

Three three level scorers in the backcourt, size and some experience in the front court. Unless Azzi isn't available for our first game (possible) i'd be shocked if this isn't the starting line up.

Reaction Score
Start on Day 1? This question has to favor whoever already knows the system. I think that leaves out Sarah, and maybe Kaitlyn, too. Yes, it’s similar to Princeton’s and she has experience in that one, but not with this level of athletes. Later in the season? Yes to both of them.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of Ice and Jana starting together but then who is the backup 5. I've been watching a lot of Sarah highlights from high school and she definitely looks like more of a shooter than Ice. Ice is more of a traditional post that can shoot better than what she did last year. Ice is probably an inch plus taller. Sarah seems like a better passer but of course Ice has more experience. Both are pretty physical and strong. So the Ice or Sarah discussion for starting is interesting.

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Paige, Chen, Azzi, Ice, and Jana.

Three three level scorers in the backcourt, size and some experience in the front court. Unless Azzi isn't available for our first game (possible) i'd be shocked if this isn't the starting line up.
Right now I have the same day lineup as you.

I’ve put this lineup option in another thread with the qualifier that if there is a different lineup on day one I’ll not be surprised in the least.

Reaction Score
IMO Day 1 starters will be Paige, Chen, Ash, Ice, and Jana but few games into the season i can see Geno going with Paige, Azzi, Chen, Strong and Jana.
Reasons: it will take some time for Azzi to get back to 100% and i doubt Geno will want to put pressure on Strong to start from day 1.

Reaction Score
I like the idea of Ice and Jana starting together but then who is the backup 5. I've been watching a lot of Sarah highlights from high school and she definitely looks like more of a shooter than Ice. Ice is more of a traditional post that can shoot better than what she did last year. Ice is probably an inch plus taller. Sarah seems like a better passer but of course Ice has more experience. Both are pretty physical and strong. So the Ice or Sarah discussion for starting is interesting.
Why do you need a back up 5? The back up 5 is whatever player stays in the game when one of them comes out and plays at the 5. Ice isn't a 5 to begin with so who the back up 5 is shouldn't matter to begin with in regards to starters because we have 1 5. We had 0 fives last season and still managed to survive.

I think Ice starts because you don't want two freshman starting in the front court.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Paige, Shade, Chen, Strong, Jana.

Paige - yep.

Shade is a very safe pick - lots of minutes last season, reliable, good at everything.

I am guessing that Azzi will be ready to go to start the season but will be on a minutes restriction, which suggests to me that she will be utilized as the "microwave" off the bench. I think Azzi will be starting by the second half of the season though.

KK will also provide great energy off the bench but Chen has more experience and has shown herself more than capable of competing and scoring at the highest levels of WCBB. We need scoring options against the top ten teams. She gets the nod over KK, who could start for all but a handful of teams.

If Strong is anywhere near as good as advertised, she will start on day one. Number one recruit, with comparisons being tossed around to some of the best of the best.

Ice will contribute although it is preferable to have her as a size option off the bench, especially if Ayanna is still iffy. Jana and Ice should also see some time on the court together.

I may be overestimating Jana's abilities in including her as a starter, but I doubt it. She appears to be the real deal. By the time the season starts, the achilles injury will be well over a year ago.

It will be interesting for sure. How will the health issues resolve? Can the new players make an immediate impact? Will the rookies from last season make a big jump or not? As always, perhaps more so, expect the unexpected.

Reaction Score
I was thinking "ICE" on the inside and that UCONN will be best served " STRONG" on the outside.

Reaction Score
I would love to see everyone get healthy and we do a professional style almost 2 starting line ups where you can have the right mix in each and can have a line change at the half way mark of a quarter to keep everyone fresh and the press on. Maybe I watched too much olympics bball....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So according to the BY'ers, the 3 highest are Paige, Jana, and Ashlynn. Then there are 4 who have between 50-60 (Sarah, KK, Caitlyn, and Ice. Azzi is a but further back in the 30's at this time.

Makes sense to me. Not necessarily who I voted for, but that's a core of 8, not even including a healthy Aubrey. I think it's pretty clear that a healthy UConn team will have a LOT of playing time for a lot of players!

Reaction Score
200 minutes 14 players on the roster, if all healthy a nice problem to have. ElAlfy, Brady, Strong, Griffin, Patterson all front line people.
Paige, Azzi, Shade, KK, Chen, and the rest back court and wings. The if factor of health and when are they ready is key. Time will resolve
it all. As UConn fans we are blessed to have that talent and Geno and Chris, Jamelle, and Tonya(?) apologies I forgot the other assistant.

Reaction Score
200 minutes 14 players on the roster, if all healthy a nice problem to have. ElAlfy, Brady, Strong, Griffin, Patterson all front line people.
Paige, Azzi, Shade, KK, Chen, and the rest back court and wings. The if factor of health and when are they ready is key. Time will resolve
it all. As UConn fans we are blessed to have that talent and Geno and Chris, Jamelle, and Tonya(?) apologies I forgot the other assistant.
Ben

Reaction Score
I've made a change and went with Jana over Ice. Just that someone on another site posted a comment Geno made about Jana. So I can't not put her in. And I believe Sarah is just better than Ice in everything - so while I hate two frosh starting in the frontcourt, we had two in the backcourt last year. And I don't think Azzi will be completetely ready so I went with Ash. When 100% healthy it's Azzi.
And I gave edge to Chen over KK.
And the 5th starter - umm what's her name . . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom