Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane? | The Boneyard

Seedings UConn Bridgeport or Spokane?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
NC State Tenn Michigan Texas LVille and Indiana are fighting for the 3rd and 4th 1 seed. Tenn just lost to unranked Auburn. Texas (8) just lost today for OK (19). They all have 2 losses and Texas has 4 as does UConn who has 3 losses Paige less. UConn beating Tenn will be huge for the seedings and keeping UConn in Bridgeport. Tenn still has a couple of tuff games, one being Uconn next Sunday and SC in a couple of weeks. Everybody else has some tuff games too. There are alot of factors that come into play. How you finish the season, injured players coming back, early season losses vs late season losses. I feel UConn will run the table going into the NCAA tourney selection evening. Im not sure the rest of the teams will. SC and Stanford are pretty much a given. Everybody else will fight it out. In the past teams that draw like UConn and Tenn stay close to home because of the revenue they bring in. These next few weeks are gonna be up and down. Alot of pressure the next few weeks. Should be exciting.

Many of us would love to see Paige back for the Tenn game, however Geno will not take a chance with her health. She will have to be positively 100% healthy before he brings her back and thats the way it should be.

Reaction Score
Is this a real question. The NCAA does not seed it according to the S curve as much as people think they should. They take into consideration geography. They know if they put UCONN outside of Bridgeport it will be a huge money loser for the NCAA. They will look at it and make sure UCONN is in Bridgeport, and Oregon will be in Spokane.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure we can beat Tenn without Paige if we just take care of the basketball. The unforced errors have to be an area of emphasis with Geno and his staff right now. At some point I believe the players are going to respond and start getting a handle on it.

Yes the Tenn game of is of incredible importance now, as a win could get us back in Bridgeport as a number 4 seed. It is a home game after all, and with the Huskies having recently decided to "keep going", I really like their chances of emerging from hell a week from tomorrow in Hartford. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the NCAA will keep UConn in the Bridgeport area. Just makes sense but sometimes common sense is lacking. Plenty of season left and the way this season is shaping up, anything can happen.

Reaction Score
I'm a novice but considering that 4 SEC teams are currently ranked higher than us I don't think we end up in Bridgeport. Maybe that changes but we'd have to top at least one of those teams I think.

Reaction Score
I'm a novice but considering that 4 SEC teams are currently ranked higher than us I don't think we end up in Bridgeport. Maybe that changes but we'd have to top at least one of those teams I think.
Which 4 ?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I have a feeling UConn will be a 2 and maybe a 1 seed in Bridgeport. UConn should run the table right through the BE tourney. Alot depends on the teams ranked above them. One thing is for sure. When Paige gets back UConn will be a very strong team and nobody will want to face a healthy UConn team.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I can easily imagine a scenario where UConn crushes Tennessee
and Paige returns thereafter in reasonable form.
Which makes a difficult problem for the NCAA

But if we stay ranked in the vicinity of where we are
Officialdom will take the financial hit so as no to incur the wrath
of the rest of he country amid cries of favoritism.
Common sense has nothing to do with it.

Reaction Score
I have a feeling UConn will be a 2 and maybe a 1 seed in Bridgeport. UConn should run the table right through the BE tourney. Alot depends on the teams ranked above them. One thing is for sure. When Paige gets back UConn will be a very strong team and nobody will want to face a healthy UConn team.
UConn has not beaten any of the teams in the top 16 reveal. Even if you beat Tennessee, your resume is not strong enough to get a #1. The only realistic shot you had at a #1 was if the SC game wasn't cancelled, and you beat them plus Tennessee. Even then, that would still have been very much a longshot.

Not sure the seeding committee will reward a team that runs the table against a comparatively weaker slate while the other contenders are beating each other up. If you beat Tennessee, I think you'll be a solid #3. I don't see any way you get bumped up to a #2, especially with the B12 and B10 races the way they are. If a team like Maryland or Baylor wins their conference championships, they will likely get the nod over UConn winning out in the BE. My 2 cents.

Reaction Score
We all know that on any given day any team can beat another. Who would of thought that Auburn would beat Tennessee but they did. Looking ahead in my opinion UConn has the easiest schedule with upcoming game to the end of February. That be against Tennessee at home on 2-6. If they win that game and go undefeated the rest of the way in conference play we should move up to a #2 seed.

Texas and Baylor have a tough path ahead. They play each other in back to back games on 2-4 and then on 2-6. Texas also has a game at home against Oklahoma on 2-12 then travels to Kansas State on 2-23. Baylor has other games at home against Oklahoma on 2-2 and Kansas State on 2-9. Along with a road game at Iowa State on 2-28.

I believe that both Texas and Baylor will get beat twice when playing these and will fall further behind UConn in the seedings.

For other teams ahead of UConn in the polls. The fun starts this afternoon as Stanford takes on Arizona. They both still have Oregon on their schedules. Stanford traveling to play the Ducks on 2-20 and Arizona hosting them on 2-4. If the Wildcats don't win both of these games they will fall to a #3 seed at best.

NC State for now has control of the ACC. They travel to Notre Dame on 2-1 and then to Duke on 2-13. Louisville has three games left against current Top-25 teams. They are: vs Duke today; vs. Notre Dame on 2-13 and at Notre Dame on 2-27. I don't see either of these teams taking a loss anytime soon.

The Big 10 has a showcase coming up tomorrow as Indiana travels to Michigan. This game means a lot because both teams currently stand ahead of UConn. Idinana has a home game against Iowa on 2-20 and travels to Maryland on 2-25. For MIchigan they have three games against ranked teams. They are against Iowa on 2-6 and Maryland on 2-20 both at home. They travel to Iowa on 2-27.

We know that one of these will have a loss because they play each other. How far will that team fall from grace is they win out on the rest of their games? That is a good questions that helps determine where UConn fits by end of February.

South Carolina still has Tennessee on their schedule. In all honestly that game doesn't matter other than for the SEC. Poll wise SC will still be the overall #1 seed in the end.

Should be an interesting month of women's basketball coming up. It will be fun to see how the ball bounces and watch teams jockeying for March position.

UConn will be a #2 Seed in Bridgeport. That will be unfortunate for either NC State or Louisville. Whomever winds up coming to Connecticut.

Best of luck to every team. Stay healthy.

Reaction Score
If UConn is a 1 seed, then they will definitely be in Bridgeport--but it is unlikely they will be that high, even if they run the table.
If they are a 4 seed, then they will definitely not be in Bridgeport--the committee would not want to give a 4 seed a home court advantage.
If they are a 2 seed, then they will very likely be in Bridgeport for geography reasons, and I do not think it will be too hard to seat the other 2 seeds in brackets that do not have 1 seeds from the same conference. They need to beat TN to be a 2 seed.
My guess is that if they are a 3 seed--which they will likely be if they lose to TN--then I suspect they will not be in Bridgeport, but there is still a chance.

Reaction Score
True but a lot of those SEC teams have to play each other, so their rankings will change by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don’t really see UConn beating TN. Sure, it’s possible, but not likely. So, with that loss they will be a #3. Still a tough schedule ahead also. Creighton, DePaul and Marquette, as we have seen, are not easy outs for this team. Who knows what can happen. Ask Auburn.

Even with a win against TN, a number 2 may not be a lock. I really think they will be a number 3 and NOT in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, I don’t really see UConn beating TN. Sure, it’s possible, but not likely. So, with that loss they will be a #3. Still a tough schedule ahead also. Creighton, DePaul and Marquette, as we have seen, are not easy outs for this team. Who knows what can happen. Ask Auburn.

Even with a win against TN, a number 2 may not be a lock. I really think they will be a number 3 and NOT in Bridgeport.
If the same players that went up against DePaul play (Williams and Fudd), UConn wins.

Reaction Score
Using the information provided... keep in mind that the 4 SEC teams ahead of us will have to play each other, at least once prior to the seeding. There is the SEC Tournament in which only one team can win. With those losses, and hopefully UCONN not losing another game.. (Hopefully).... the rankings will be completely different by that time.

Reaction Score

A 1, 2, 3, or 4 seed... you can bet good money UCONN will be in Bridgeport.

Would you care to explain why you think they would not be? Geography in the Women's game is a bigger factor than in the Men's.

Reaction Score
Appears there are few tickets remaining - nosebleed seats (see Ticketmaster). Maybe the Bridgport revenue (versus attendance) is already in hand?

Reaction Score
I'm at a loss of the 4 SEC teams currently ranked higher than UConn. In the NCAA top 16 reveal I only see South Carolina (#1) and Tenn (#4) ranked higher than UConn (#11). Are you inferring LSU (#12) and Georgia (#15)?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConn has not beaten any of the teams in the top 16 reveal. Even if you beat Tennessee, your resume is not strong enough to get a #1. The only realistic shot you had at a #1 was if the SC game wasn't cancelled, and you beat them plus Tennessee. Even then, that would still have been very much a longshot.

Not sure the seeding committee will reward a team that runs the table against a comparatively weaker slate while the other contenders are beating each other up. If you beat Tennessee, I think you'll be a solid #3. I don't see any way you get bumped up to a #2, especially with the B12 and B10 races the way they are. If a team like Maryland or Baylor wins their conference championships, they will likely get the nod over UConn winning out in the BE. My 2 cents.
I can see your points however UConn was not at full strength due to key injuries, thus 4 losses. UConn is getting healthy and should be back to full strength in 2 weeks. Right now UConn is a different team then they were. They have time now to develop chemistry and when Paige gets back they will be a very strong team. When that happens UConn imo is a top 3 team even though their record shows differently. SC Stanford and UConn will be the teams to beat in the NCAA tourney. I feel the committee is keeping UConn in Bridgeport just like they kept Tenn for many years close to home. Both are a huge draw and money makers.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UConn has no chance at a 1 seed. Literally none.

The 2 seed is a remote possibility, but only if they beat Tennessee.

We need to quit obsessing over the seeding. Arizona last year was a 3 seed whom absolutely no one considered a NC contender, and they were one heave away from winning it all. Just get hot at the right time.

Reaction Score
A 1, 2, 3, or 4 seed... you can bet good money UCONN will be in Bridgeport.

Would you care to explain why you think they would not be? Geography in the Women's game is a bigger factor than in the Men's.
I guess maybe I just don’t understand what factors take priority. I didn’t think geography was as high as ranking?

Reaction Score
UConn has no chance at a 1 seed. Literally none.

The 2 seed is a remote possibility, but only if they beat Tennessee.

We need to quit obsessing over the seeding. Arizona last year was a 3 seed whom absolutely no one considered a NC contender, and they were one heave away from winning it all. Just get hot at the right time.
Just out of curiosity, anyone know what the lowest seed to win a NC is?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom