Sedona Prince Transfer Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So, Old Dude, just what does a "wishful sound" actually sound like via e-platforms? ;)

Yes, Sedona did, in fact, visit Notre Dame and apparently had a good visit with the Irish before choosing Texas. To the best of my recollection, Geno had a home visit with Sedona and her family before choosing UT. So, both of our schools' forays kind of got nipped in the bud, no?

Maybe that visit to Notre Dame was enough for the Prince family? Or maybe there's one scheduled that has not been publicized?
Who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Oh, I seem to recall Jess Shepard visiting at least one other school (S. Carolina?) before settling on ND and Chartrice White visited ND and Louisville before visiting and selecting Florida State. So, while a lot of transfers go the "one and done" route, a few do check the menu.
A couple things to unpack. I’ve spent a little time lurking on McGraw’s Bench where I thought that if Sedona had recently visited or planned to visit South Bend, one of the Irish sleuths would have posted something. There were naturally several posts expressing a desire for Sedona to come to ND, and one peculiar (wishful) post which misinterpreted Orangutan’s post quoting UConnCat on this forum suggesting that Sedona planned to visit ND.

As you point out, Sedona turned down both UConn and ND last time she recommitted to TX. We don’t know if she has visited or will visit ND or any other school this time around. All that we know is that she planned on visiting UConn this week.

As for Shepard, her two visits to ND and SC appear to be an exception to the majority of transfers who make but a single visit.

Hopefully we will all know soon whether Sedona is headed to ND, UConn, somewhere else, or recommits for yet a third time to TX.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So, Old Dude, just what does a "wishful sound" actually sound like via e-platforms? ;)

Yes, Sedona did, in fact, visit Notre Dame and apparently had a good visit with the Irish before choosing Texas. To the best of my recollection, Geno had a home visit with Sedona and her family before choosing UT. So, both of our schools' forays kind of got nipped in the bud, no?

Maybe that visit to Notre Dame was enough for the Prince family? Or maybe there's one scheduled that has not been publicized?
Who knows? We'll find out soon enough.

Oh, I seem to recall Jess Shepard visiting at least one other school (S. Carolina?) before settling on ND and Chartrice White visited ND and Louisville before visiting and selecting Florida State. So, while a lot of transfers go the "one and done" route, a few do check the menu.
:eek: I seem to remember a certain recruit cancelling a scheduled trip to ND right after she visited UCONN.
Hoping this history repeats itself. KLS?

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
:eek: I seem to remember a certain recruit cancelling a scheduled trip to ND right after she visited UCONN.
Hoping this history repeats itself. KLS?

Oh, I was just trying to draw some parallels/comparisons in regards to this specific Prince, but "...there you go again." ;) KLS and UConn, Kylee Watson and Oregon. Ah, to think they've missed the wonder of an "out of nowhere thunderstorm" in South Bend in late afternoon....:rolleyes:

I don't even know of a scheduled trip (or even an inkling of one) for Ms. Prince and ND, so itinerary is entirely in her docket.

As I said somewhere, we'll see. The amazing thing about these transfers is, compared to high school recruits, everything happens intensely in a condensed time period. Enter portal, visit a place (maybe two, maybe not) and then announce. Off to the next transfer.
If you're a contending coach, you almost have to take on the mindset of a reliever or defensive back. Learn and move on....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we assume that she would want to wrap up the transfer process in order to get enrolled and adjusted at wherever she chooses? Not to mention the filing of her paperwork to the NCAA for a waiver...

Also, do we know if she is close to any ND players like she is with CW and ONO?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wouldn’t we assume that she would want to wrap up the transfer process in order to get enrolled and adjusted at wherever she chooses? Not to mention the filing of her paperwork to the NCAA for a waiver...

While I’m sure you are correct that Sedona wants to wrap up the process, the 1st summer session at UConn is about midway through the term, and I believe most UConn players go back home rather than enrolling in the 2nd summer term.

As far as Sedona being close to any ND players, I believe that ND recruit Anaya Peoples was also on the U18 team with Sedona, Christyn & Liv.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Yes but the second summer session at UCONN doesn't start until Mon. July 15 which is her earliest opportunity for Sedona to enroll at UCONN. That would leave almost 3 full weeks should she decided to take other visits. As far as friends on the current ND roster Sedona has played USA basketball with Abby Prohaska U16 and Anaya Peoples in 2018 for the U18 team.

Reaction Score
If she wants to be semi-close to home and be the #1 big on her team while getting the best education (depending on major), then ND makes the most sense. If she wants the best coaching available to become the best basketball player she can be because that's her intended career, then UConn has the edge.

Reaction Score
What do you all think about how the facilities affect incoming recruits. Gampel is a special place, but the XL Center is awful, old, and decrepit. It is not a recruitment advantage IMO.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If she wants to be semi-close to home and be the #1 big on her team while getting the best education (depending on major), then ND makes the most sense. If she wants the best coaching available to become the best basketball player she can be because that's her intended career, then UConn has the edge.
“Semi-close” is truly a relative term. It’s approximately 1,200 miles from Sedona’s home in TX to South Bend, IN. As for the best education, ND is not Stanford. Any potential educational advantage is marginal at best.

Reaction Score
“Semi-close” is truly a relative term. It’s approximately 1,200 miles from Sedona’s home in TX to South Bend, IN. As for the best education, ND is not Stanford. Any potential educational advantage is marginal at best.
Our academic peers are more like Texas and Penn State, while ND's is more like Rice and Wash U in St Louis. Different league for sure. Again depends on major, but in general terms. If she's majoring in basketball then UConn has the advantage. In terms of proximity to home, DFW to Storrs is a 5-6 hour journey all in. Probably a little more than half that to ND.

Reaction Score
What do you all think about how the facilities affect incoming recruits. Gampel is a special place, but the XL Center is awful, old, and decrepit. It is not a recruitment advantage IMO.
Don't think XL has much impact. They don't take recruits there, and you're only going to have ~7 games per season there. I like Geno's idea of taking one of those XL games and having it at Webster Bank.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Our academic peers are more like Texas and Penn State, while ND's is more like Rice and Wash U in St Louis. Different league for sure. Again depends on major, but in general terms. If she's majoring in basketball then UConn has the advantage. In terms of proximity to home, DFW to Storrs is a 5-6 hour journey all in. Probably a little more than half that to ND.
I tell you what. I’ll place UConn’s WBB grads side by side with ND’s any day. Not even considering basketball, UConn grads compare very favorably.

As for travel time, you probably haven’t spent very much time at O’Hare. I used to fly to O’Hare frequently on business for many years. It’s on the north side of Chicago, the 2nd busiest airport in the world. Getting through the terminal, picking up your bags, catching a ride and driving around the city into Northern IN is a 2-3 hr process. You can get through Hartford to Storrs in an hour.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
:D
It is times like these when I miss @bags27 because as a former college professor at an Ivy league institution he would remind us all that an education is what you make of it. However... the position that there is only a "marginal" difference in education between ND and UCONN (for the general/average student ) is an untenable one. As politically incorrect as this may sound Sedona will be majoring in basketball at which ever school she chooses, therefore UCONN is a superior choice. :D

Reaction Score

Just a shame that all of us UConn grads have had to struggle through life with a sub-standard education. Fortunately, I can have all these posts read to me.;)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Just a shame that all of us UConn grads have had to struggle through life with a sub-standard education. Fortunately, I can have all these posts read to me.;)
:eek: yea but... the ND grads can afford to pay someone to read it to them.

Reaction Score
I don't want to start a NEW post on this but I was just thinking this wek I haven't seen a post from @bags27 for a long time. Hopefully he's ok! What is the word? Thanks!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
:D
It is times like these when I miss @bags27 because as a former college professor at an Ivy league institution he would remind us all that an education is what you make of it. However... the position that there is only a "marginal" difference in education between ND and UCONN (for the general/average student ) is an untenable one. As politically incorrect as this may sound Sedona will be majoring in basketball at which ever school she chooses, therefore UCONN is a superior choice. :D
Yes Bags would settle this argument. I too have always made the case that outside of a school’s alumni network and endowment, you get out what you put in. For the record US News rates ND #18. UConn ranks lower at #63, but still in the upper 20% of all US universities.

As far as UConn being a basketball university, I suspect Geno and Chris Daily would object strenuously. Maybe we should ask Molly Bent how she feels about that characterization.

Finally, I will acknowledge that UConn’s top WBB players come to Storrs primarily for basketball, which is exactly the same reason why ND’s players go to South Bend. In fact, outside of Stanford, there’s not a major D1 program where academics are the primary concern of top basketball recruits.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I don't want to start a NEW post on this but I was just thinking this wek I haven't seen a post from @bags27 for a long time. Hopefully he's ok! What is the word? Thanks!
It is my understanding that @bags27 has opted out of the BY for the foreseeable future.
He is dearly missed and hopefully he knows this.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes Bags would settle this argument. I too have always made the case that outside of a school’s alumni network and endowment, you get out what you put in. For the record US News rates ND #18. UConn ranks lower at #63, but still in the upper 20% of all US universities.

As far as UConn being a basketball university, I suspect Geno and Chris Daily would object strenuously. Maybe we should ask Molly Bent how she feels about that characterization.

Finally, I will acknowledge that UConn’s top WBB players come to Storrs primarily for basketball, which is exactly the same reason why ND’s players go to South Bend. In fact, outside of Stanford, there’s not a major D1 program where academics are the primary concern of top basketball recruits.
Well I definitely did not (nor would I Ever) say this or characterize UCONN this way: " A basketball university".

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am curious, what does it mean to opt out of the BY?
To not actively post, reply, disagree, agree, chop it up, hit the like button or not, check on your BY point total....

Reaction Score
To not actively post, reply, disagree, agree, chop it up, hit the like button or not, check on your BY point total....

OK thanks. I thought somehow there is a way to delete yourself from the BY that I am not aware of. What the heck does BY points do for a person anyway? Why would you want more of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom