Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Without high standards and excellent moderators such as the Boneyard, just a couple or few posters can ruin a forum. A couple of those posters have been just the same for years, ready to pounce.
The Boneyard appreciates the complement, but if you ever spent time in the “Chat page” on game night during a closer than expected game between the Huskies and any other team, you might have to reconsider your comment regarding “high standards.” ;)

Reaction Score
The Boneyard appreciates the complement, but if you ever spent time in the “Chat page” on game night during a closer than expected game between the Huskies and any other team, you might have to reconsider your comment regarding “high standards.” ;)
High standards compared to other boards. My son and daughter, FSU and Florida grads, asked me why a MSST fan spent so much time on a UCONN message board and not a MSST board? My answer: UCONN board is run by professionals encouraging posters to be civil and post useful WBB information while all the other boards, including MSST, are gripe and complain and most of the time even those rants are not based on fact. Geno is my standard for WBB coaches and the BY is my standard for message boards, both are outstanding!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

McGraw's Bench has a "Romper Room" page that serves the same purpose. You've got to be a registered user to participate and perhaps the key feature for both participants and staff is that whatever is said not only stays there, but disappears. Probably a good thing.... ;):rolleyes:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
High standards compared to other boards. My son and daughter, FSU and Florida grads, asked me why a MSST fan spent so much time on a UCONN message board and not a MSST board? My answer: UCONN board is run by professionals encouraging posters to be civil and post useful WBB information while all the other boards, including MSST, are gripe and complain and most of the time even those rants are not based on fact. Geno is my standard for WBB coaches and the BY is my standard for message boards, both are outstanding!
You may be envious of our board, but Husky fans are envious of all the post players Vic brought in for the coming season.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Gosh I read these posts about bigs. We have ONO? Can we use another post yes but will we compete and be a favorite to make the FF yes. I read about teams with more then one post and think...you can only play one post for most of the game. If we had two bigs or 4 bigs over 6'6 would they all play alot of time? No Why have all those posts who need to be developed and need playtime to get better in actual game situations? I would think a team with too many posts is only hoping one will become good enough to start. Hey we will need another post to bring either this coming season or next which will give the coaches time to develop her and have her ready when ONO graduates. Geno is recruiting players who can play for UConn not just players who are big and will sit the bench. Now if ONO gets in foul trouble yeah that could be a liability but dont forget we have EA this year and Camara who can give us some minutes. Having another 6'4+ player who can play would be great but we dont, but we do have ONO who I believe will be a very special player this year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gosh I read these posts about bigs. We have ONO? Can we use another post yes but will we compete and be a favorite to make the FF yes. I read about teams with more then one post and think...you can only play one post for most of the game. If we had two bigs or 4 bigs over 6'6 would they all play alot of time? No Why have all those posts who need to be developed and need playtime to get better in actual game situations? I would think a team with too many posts is only hoping one will become good enough to start. Hey we will need another post to bring either this coming season or next which will give the coaches time to develop her and have her ready when ONO graduates. Geno is recruiting players who can play for UConn not just players who are big and will sit the bench. Now if ONO gets in foul trouble yeah that could be a liability but dont forget we have EA this year and Camara who can give us some minutes. Having another 6'4+ player who can play would be great but we dont, but we do have ONO who I believe will be a very special player this year.
IDK @Tonyc I tend to agree with the masses here. UCONN seriously needs another "contributing" big to go along with ONO. We can disagree on the height but my definition of contributing would be a regular part of the rotation & capable of starting. When you look back at the last 10 NCAA champions this has been the norm. Texas A&M probably fielded the weakest crop of post rotation. The norm however was at least AA caliber play from one starter and contributions from a second. Don't know when or if ONO will achieve AA caliber play and that makes a second contributing post for UCONN more necessary not less.

2010 UCONN (Charles, McLaren)
2011 Texas A&M (Adams, Gilbert)
2012 Baylor (Griner, Agabuke)
2013 UCONN (Dolson & Stewie)
2014 UCONN (Dolson & Stewie)
2015 UCONN (Stewie & Stokes)
2016 UCONN ( Stewie, Tuck)
2017 South Carolina (Wilson & Coates)
2018 Notre Dame (Shepard & Nelson)
2019 Baylor (Brown & Cox)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
IDK @Tonyc I tend to agree with the masses here. UCONN seriously needs another "contributing" big to go along with ONO. We can disagree on the height but my definition of contributing would be a regular part of the rotation & capable of starting. When you look back at the last 10 NCAA champions this has been the norm. Texas A&M probably fielded the weakest crop of post rotation. The norm however was at least AA caliber play from one starter and contributions from a second. Don't know when or if ONO will achieve AA caliber play and that makes a second contributing post for UCONN more necessary not less.

In 2017 Coates missed the entire NCAA tournament with an injury, which made SC a better team imo. It opened up the lane for Gray & Davis to continually attack the basket. Cuevas-Moore moved to the 2-guard where she was far more effective and of course, SC still had a pretty decent post, albeit just the one.

Reaction Score

Great post! Now maybe folks will stop crying ONO when the rest of us say we need another big. Staristics show it takes 2!

Reaction Score

But those seeking a 2nd and/or 3rd post say they have to be 6'5"+ in order to match up against teams like Baylor and Oregon. Let's take a look at your list.

Charles - 6'3" sorry Tina, you can't be an effective post in the minds of some at that height.
McClaren- 6'2". Sorry McClaren, you are too slow for Husky fans. And you can't jump.
Stokes? - 6'2" - she isn't even tall enough to be a wing. (6'3" KLS is the new standard)
Tuck? - At 6'1" you have to be kidding. How could she play inside?
Collier - see Tuck.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
Charles - 6'3" sorry Tina, you can't be an effective post in the minds of some at that height.

Yup - she just couldn't handle the taller Griner in the NC game.:rolleyes:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
But those seeking a 2nd and/or 3rd post say they have to be 6'5"+ in order to match up against teams like Baylor and Oregon. Let's take a look at your list.

McClaren- 6'2". Sorry McClaren, you are too slow for Husky fans. And you can't jump.
Stokes? - 6'2" - she isn't even tall enough to be a wing. (6'3" KLS is the new standard)
Tuck? - At 6'1" you have to be kidding. How could she play inside?
Collier - see Tuck.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Charles was listed at 6'4. Stokes was listed at 6'3. Tuck was listed at 6'2.

Maybe it's the extra inch that makes the difference.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So, back to what the thread was originally about Sedona Prince being in the transfer portal and if she and UConn are expressing serious interest in each other. We know Shea is following her now, we know a ND assistant is following her and Sedona has followed her back. Is there other news we are missing?
I did go in the UT WCBB thread and frankly, there were some board posts negative towards Karen Aston’s lack of development and potential hostile environment. A minor knock on Sedona’s lack of interaction due to injury.
This pales in negativity displayed daily on every thread on VolNation and is mild to the hostility and denigration show towards Evina Westbrook which was some of the worst I have ever seen.
Some Long Horn fans seem in tune that Karen is lacking as a coach and clueless on offense. Some however seem perfectly happy with her efforts. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom