Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
UConn isn't truly loaded yet..... still two more skilled front court players away in my opinion............waiting impatiently.......
Not so much impatiently but, iiimmmmpatiently! Two more skilled front court players. Please!

Reaction Score
Sedona said she wants to go somewhere she'll be happy. Her words. She is taking her time to decide.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
No idea if this guy really knows anything or is just blowing smoke:

His Twitter account doesn't exactly scream reliable source. But at face value this would seem to indicate that indeed there might be an allegation that she received inadequate medical care at UT.

Reaction Score
Hate ND. You know she will end up there, be declared eligible and help them get back to the final four.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
His Twitter account doesn't exactly scream reliable source. But at face value this would seem to indicate that indeed there might be an allegation that she received inadequate medical care at UT.
"Inadequate medical" care would also be consistent with her stated reason for leaving.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
"Inadequate medical" care would also be consistent with her stated reason for leaving.
There is much to speculate about here, and since that’s what we do on the BY, here’s my speculation. Prince’s comment that she, “asked for and received her release to transfer” may be insignificant, or it may allude to an agreement with TX not to oppose her waiver request in exchange for an agreement by the Prince family not to initiate legal action against the university.

If Prince’s treatment and recovery was in fact mishandled by TX, setting back her ability to restart basketball activities sooner rather than later, that makes a pretty good case for a mitigating factor that would favor a waiver request.

We know that Prince had a second surgical procedure on her leg. That may have been simply follow up surgery to remove the rod that was implanted in her leg during the first surgery or perhaps there were complications after the first surgery that required a second procedure.

The one question that I really want answered is when will Prince be able to return to basketball activities? If she’s still a year away from playing, a waiver request is a moot point.

Reaction Score
No idea if this guy really knows anything or is just blowing smoke:

As so often you are right--I too think 2 bigs are nice to have, if not a requirement. This is the BY. Speculation and beliefs and half truths fill VOIDS (using the Webster Definition) while we await real WBB again.

Reaction Score
There is much to speculate about here, and since that’s what we do on the BY, here’s my speculation. Prince’s comment that she, “asked for and received her release to transfer” may be insignificant, or it may allude to an agreement with TX not to oppose her waiver request in exchange for an agreement by the Prince family not to initiate legal action against the university.

If Prince’s treatment and recovery was in fact mishandled by TX, setting back her ability to restart basketball activities sooner rather than later, that makes a pretty good case for a mitigating factor that would favor a waiver request.

We know that Prince had a second surgical procedure on her leg. That may have been simply follow up surgery to remove the rod that was implanted in her leg during the first surgery or perhaps there were complications after the first surgery that required a second procedure.

The one question that I really want answered is when will Prince be able to return to basketball activities? If she’s still a year away from playing, a waiver request is a moot point.
The answer to your speculation lies in the last sentence or 2. While legal pursuit remains a possibility or consideration it has little, I suspect, with whether or where she transfers too. Full recovery may be more of an issue even for Uconn that is so compassionate Geno has taken more than his fair share.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I have no insight about her "medical reasons". But, I don't think it was just a casual comment in her tweet; it was definitely premeditated, and she and her family had to know it would not go unnoticed and lead to more questions (possibly by the media).

What I do know is that since she already redshirted this season, she would have to sit out next season at her new school AND would lose one season of eligibility UNLESS she gets a waiver. So, I'm sure she and her family know that, and doubt she wants to go without playing competitive basketball two seasons in a row. There are no coaching changes, or "family issues", or "distance" issues that can be used as claims in her waiver request, so you have to come up with something if you want to be granted immediate eligibility.

Granted, she could always apply for a sixth year of eligibility down the road, but I doubt that is the mindset at the moment.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, to the extent that Twitter-following can tip someone's hand, I suppose it's a bad sign that Niele Ivey is the only one of the many coaches (including Shea) who Sedona has followed-back after they started following her since her transfer announcement.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well, to the extent that Twitter-following can tip someone's hand, I suppose it's a bad sign that Niele Ivey is the only one the many coaches (including Shea) who have started following her since her transfer announcement.

Gimme a heads-up if Trina Patterson or Chelsea Banbury start to follow her :cool:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Well, to the extent that Twitter-following can tip someone's hand, I suppose it's a bad sign that Niele Ivey is the only one the many coaches (including Shea) who Sedona has followed-back after they started following her since her transfer announcement.
Sedona and 2020 Deja Kelly are very good friends. I believe Deja is looking at Oregon and Notre Dame, as well as a couple of others. So, worth watching what Deja is up to (visit-wise).

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Sedona and 2020 Deja Kelly are very good friends. I believe Deja is looking at Oregon and Notre Dame, as well as a couple of others. So, worth watching what Deja is up to (visit-wise).

Thanks for the update on Kelly-Prince friendship.
Yes, Kelly is looking at Notre Dame. She's had an unofficial visit there and Muffet and Niele Ivey had a home visit with she and her mother.

Like you said, very much worth seeing what official visits (OV's) transpire out of this "mutual interest."

Reaction Score
yes I know that there are privacy issues but it would be helpful to know Prince's current physical condition after what was a really serious leg injury................

Plebe

Reaction Score
Btw I took a peek at the Texas WBB board last night, looking for info about the Sedona Prince transfer.

Didn't glean any bombshells, but WOW if we thought we had some bouts of internal strife on this board, they have a bloodbath going on over there. It's in some ways worse than VolNation.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Btw I took a peek at the Texas WBB board last night, looking for info about the Sedona Prince transfer.

Didn't glean any bombshells, but WOW if we thought we had some bouts of internal strife on this board, they have a bloodbath going on over there. It's in some ways worse than VolNation.
They’ve lost 4 McD AA’s to transfer over the past two years, while consistently underachieving in the process. It’s not surprising that Longhorn fans are a little edgy.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
yes I know that there are privacy issues but it would be helpful to know Prince's current physical condition after what was a really serious leg injury......

Charlie, I understand and appreciate (and agree with) your concern, but you know as fans, we do not have any right to know that information, and will never get it. That dynamic has been thoroughly discussed here before
with other prospective recruits.

However, any program she's seriously interested in joining will have access to ALL of the medical information it needs BEFORE extending a formal and binding scholarship offer to her. No doubt the school's head athletic doctor/surgeon (personnel) would have to sign off on her condition first. Once you bring a player with "pre-existing" injuries in, she's yours. Coaches DO NOT like surprises.

Medical personnel have to know the full extent of her injuries (present condition), and the prognosis for a full recovery BEFORE they commit to offer a scholarship, similar to players having to take and pass a team physical by the respective teams BEFORE a player trade (or free agent signing) can be completed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Charlie, I understand and appreciate (and agree with) your concern, but you know as fans, we do not have any right to know that information, and will never get it. That dynamic has been thoroughly discussed here before
with other prospective recruits.

However, any program she's seriously interested in joining will have access to ALL of the medical information it needs BEFORE extending a formal and binding scholarship offer to her. No doubt the school's head athletic doctor/surgeon (personnel) would have to sign off on her condition first. Once you bring a player with "pre-existing" injuries in, she's yours. Coaches DO NOT like surprises.

Medical personnel have to know the full extent of her injuries (present condition), and the prognosis for a full recovery BEFORE they commit to offer a scholarship, similar to players having to take and pass a team physical by the respective teams BEFORE a player trade (or free agent signing) can be completed.

understood..................not looking for specifics but I hope at some point fairly soon the public will be informed as to whether she is 100% or still in the process of rehabbing that leg..........

Reaction Score
understood...not looking for specifics but I hope at some point fairly soon the public will be informed as to whether she is 100% or still in the process of rehabbing that leg.....

I understand wanting to know that but why? She is either still rehabbing or is 100% and the public knowing or not knowing that doesn't change anything except our fantasy projections for next season. If there was even one compelling reason I would be saying what you are saying but there isn't one.

Reaction Score
I understand wanting to know that but why? She is either still rehabbing or is 100% and the public knowing or not knowing that doesn't change anything except our fantasy projections for next season. If there was even one compelling reason I would be saying what you are saying but there isn't one.

I'm interested/concerned about a player who was badly injured representing the USA a Summer ago and whether she can come back and be the player she was before her leg break.............the sooner I hear that she is 100% the better.................as for her future plans, I'm certainly not counting on her heading to Storrs but would be happy if she decided to do that.............

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Ok what’s the sites name? I gotta go in for a look! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom