Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

Reaction Score
Unless you're running a double post offense, a 2nd post "just" gives depth. Anyone who is concerned about size should want forwards.
I disagree. You get depth and the ability to have a big line up when you want to. I also think ONO has the potential to effectively spend time at the 4 as she progresses so why not have the ability to have a twin towers.

Reaction Score
or learn to play bridge
With word definitions running from Webster, street, urban, etc it is near impossible to properly define VOID.
But to take a stab at it: My understanding it means "hole". In that meaning--ONO 's position isn't a hole but behind her at her size there is no one--in that a VOID remains.

Reaction Score
This hasn't seemed to be a problem for Baylor, nor for Oregon State (although I recognize that their posts, while tall, are not as highly rated as those at Baylor).

Since fouls are usually a problem even for elite posts (especially when they are less experienced in the college game), getting minutes for a competent backup should not be an issue. Natalie Butler got plenty of minutes in her "senior" year at UConn despite not being a starter, and those minutes were not generally in garbage time. She played key minutes against both Texas and Baylor.
Butler in AAC games got lots of time, that's true. But against decent posts her lack of mobility, jumping, understanding the Geno game seemed to be less than this Div One team needed as a back up. Steff she wasn't.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
In reading the 'medical' and the recent follow-up procedure and the basically full year on crutches, I wonder if the prognosis might be a further 6-9 months of rehab and recovery. Even with modern practices a player on crutches is losing significant muscle/conditioning, and you do not get back to basketball for quite some time.

If that is the case, she may only be able to play the second semester this year making a year of sitting out after transfer less of a penalty for her.

On a side note - coaches 'talking a player out of transferring' seems like a losing proposition to me. Hard to believe that player is running through walls for you after being so lukewarm about being on the team.

We had another player with a rod in her leg - Barb Turner? can't remember exactly.
Guess you’ve been through Marriage counseling and subsequent divorce...:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Shea Ralph just followed her on twitter!

as did Niele Ivey for the ND fans...among all the coaches that followed her Niele Ivey is the only she followed back. I guess she really does not want to sit again:p

Putting my $ on ND

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It seems to me the bullying was largely confined to a group of kids she grew up with in Liberty Hill, TX, although the 4th grade coach telling her to quit basketball is a bit odd. Liberty Hill HS is about 40 miles from downtown Austin, TX, so going away to college didn't create a lot of distance from her tormenters.
Just seems to me like it increases the risk. Along with the "Texas/Not/Texas/Not" wishy-washy behavior, you also possibly have a habitual bully victim. I dunno. Just seems like she may not have the classic symptoms of a championship mentality.

OTOH, she IS 6.7" :cool::cool:

Reaction Score
You named 1 team, Baylor, they are the exception to the rule I guess. Elite post players are not going to want to play 15 minutes a game! They are going to want to start and play as many minutes as possible.

I think Prince is a solid player, but if taking her means that UConn misses on Cardoso or Deberry, I would not be happy.

Last edited:

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score

as did Niele Ivey for the ND fans...among all the coaches that followed her Niele Ivey is the only she followed back. I guess she really does not want to sit again:p

Putting my $ on ND

Noooooooooo!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Just seems to me like it increases the risk. Along with the "Texas/Not/Texas/Not" wishy-washy behavior, you also possibly have a habitual bully victim. I dunno. Just seems like she may not have the classic symptoms of a championship mentality.

OTOH, she IS 6.7" :cool::cool:
According to the article, the bullying began when she was young and continued into HS. If I recall, there was a youngster in GA who was the victim of bullying. Fellow by the name of Hershel Walker. Perhaps you’ve heard of him? Won a National Championship and a Heisman Trophy as a member of the GA Bulldogs.

Reaction Score
With word definitions running from Webster, street, urban, etc it is near impossible to properly define VOID.
But to take a stab at it: My understanding it means "hole". In that meaning--ONO 's position isn't a hole but behind her at her size there is no one--in that a VOID remains.

Yes just like Bill Gates’ bank account is void, because after his $2 billion savings, there’s nothing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Yes just like Bill Gates’ bank account is void, because after his $2 billion savings, there’s nothing.
Uhm….I believe Bill Gates net worth is approximately $100 billion.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You named 1 team, Baylor, they are the exception to the rule I guess. Elite post players are not going to want to play 15 minutes a game! They are going to want to start and play as many minutes as possible.

I think Prince is a solid player, but if taking her means that UConn misses on Cardoso or Deberry, I would not be happy.

If it came down to it, would you rather have Prince for three years or Cardoso for four? Sounds like I know your answer. It's close for me but I think I'd go with Prince if she is 100% healthy. She is far more athletic and mobile than Cardoso and she's ahead in terms of post offense too.

I don't think there would be any issues with Prince and Nelson-Ododa playing together because they are both so versatile.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Unless you're running a double post offense, a 2nd post "just" gives depth. Anyone who is concerned about size should want forwards.
Both Prince and ONO have the ability to play the forward position the same way Shepard and Bre did for ND or Coates and Wilson did for SC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Both Prince and ONO have the ability to play the forward position the say way Shepard and Bre did for ND or Coates and Wilson did for SC.
any way you look at this there are cautionary flags here. Prince won't play right away, and with the injury and the long time away she will be a project (Brittany Hunter). At best 5 minutes here or there may be all a top 10 team could expect from her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

as did Niele Ivey for the ND fans...among all the coaches that followed her Niele Ivey is the only she followed back. I guess she really does not want to sit again:p Putting my $ on ND
Your are starting to resemble the devil on my shoulder. Knock it off!
My voices are more an angel and a devil both sitting on my shoulder. The angel wants Prince at UCONN. The devil keeps playing with my fears of Prince ending up at ND-AND GETTING A WAIVER APPROVED for this coming season.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
any way you look at this there are cautionary flags here. Prince won't play right away, and with the injury and the long time away she will be a project (Brittany Hunter). At best 5 minutes here or there may be all a top 10 team could expect from her.
You are projecting 5 minutes per game for Prince? Based on what? Natalie Butler averaged 14 Minutes per game in 63 games at UCONN. If Price averages less that she might as well give up basketball.

Reaction Score
You are projecting 5 minutes per game for Prince? Based on what? Natalie Butler averaged 14 Minutes per game in 63 games at UCONN. If Price averages less that she might as well give up basketball.
I said "At best 5 minutes here or there" ... not the same thing as 5 minutes a game, she most likely won't be a starter and she will play when there is a specific need. Think a similar role to Hunter or Stokes or Butler

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I said "At best 5 minutes here or there" ... not the same thing as 5 minutes a game, she most likely won't be a starter and she will play when there is a specific need. Think a similar role to Hunter or Stokes or Butler
I'll take that for UCONN. Still think that's a very pessimistic view though.

Reaction Score
I'll take that for UCONN. Still think that's a very pessimistic view though.
I prefer to think of it as critical objectivism coupled with risk aversion. And an optimistic belief that UConn could do better than Prince.

Reaction Score
And if those minutes are productive than there is no harm since I can't remember the last time UConn carried more than 12 scholarship players. It's not like there isn't room for her.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I prefer to think of it as critical objectivism coupled with risk aversion. And an optimistic belief that UConn could do better than Prince.
I"m ok with all that except for the inadvertent roll confusion. @Tonyc is our designated optimist, @Charliebball the designated pessimist, @MilfordHusky is our voice of reason.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Highly unlikely UConn would recruit her if that's all they think she can give them. If healthy she's a potential stud. UConn would want her only if they believe she is healthy.

Reaction Score

Stokes?? You know stokes was an important piece right? And if prince can play D like stokes why not?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom