Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

Reaction Score
Or at least take a good look at the Hi/Lo and/or his varied option off the skinny post.
I seriously doubt Geno didn't look at Prince and in the back of his mind he saw at least 10 options if she should come aboard. That's the painful piece of being at the same occupation for 35 years or more: The options immediately present a vast view of possibilites. I'm sure @JordyG has seen much of that in the Music world's equipment.
Designs and how to approach a project once near impossible now are like yesterdays left over i.e. easily gotten.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
If Prince can get healthy and stay healthy she would be a great addition. She has good hands, nice footwork and a soft shooting touch around the paint, and as we all know, you can’t teach 6’7”.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the confusion. Sometimes I don’t proof read my comments adequately before I press send, and it may seem a bit confusing. “They” as in more than one. :) Put me down for wanting to have another big on the roster for lots of reasons.

I join those who expect ONO to start and have a phenomenal year. Last year she played like the freshman she was. That ship has sailed. She learned a lot last year, and is now ready to assume a starting role on the team.
I fully expect her to make the leap this summer, similar to the one Megan Walker and Crystal Dangerfield made as they transitioned from their freshman to sophomore year.

Regardless of the best thought out plans, we all know that sometimes crap happens!! (like when Stevens unexpectedly chose not to return for her red-shirt senior year). When it does, it’s always nice to have a backup (plan b) that you can plug in with little or no drop off in play (production) or expectation.

Yes, it’s possible to have too many bigs, but when was the last time UConn had “too many”? :eek:
More and more to agree with. ONO made a huge leap during the Frosh year and IMO she will make major leaps every year. She is intelligent and most of all WANTS TO LEARN. Only a fool would think she does not need some one to relieve her--for a multitude of reasons. (Bad mo-jo to list)
I too think the CW and Megan will make Giant Steps this summer. Now, if Aubrey is 2/3's of jumping ability as has been reported, I foresee a Gabby role for her. Note: Gabby was not perfect as a frosh, so I don't expect perfection from a Freshman Griffin (Aubrey). Ania and Westbrook I , in my ignorance (websters version), I see have major roles coming off the bench.

Reaction Score
If Prince can get healthy and stay healthy she would be a great addition. She has good hands, nice footwork and a soft shooting touch around the paint, and as we all know, you can’t teach 6’7”.
6 ft 7 in, when properly taught, is an imposing and intimidating image for driving guards or smaller post, as we have seen with Griner and McGowan.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
More and more to agree with. ONO made a huge leap during the Frosh year and IMO she will make major leaps every year. She is intelligent and most of all WANTS TO LEARN. Only a fool would think she does not need some one to relieve her--for a multitude of reasons. (Bad mo-jo to list)
I too think the CW and Megan will make Giant Steps this summer. Now, if Aubrey is 2/3's of jumping ability as has been reported, I foresee a Gabby role for her. Note: Gabby was not perfect as a frosh, so I don't expect perfection from a Freshman Griffin (Aubrey). Ania and Westbrook I , in my ignorance (websters version), I see have major roles coming off the bench.

One thing for sure, Geno will have more to work with this coming season than he did a year ago (3 returning starters, Walker, and 2 promising freshmen). Our worse fears were realized when the bench failed to provide any meaningful support. In the end (post season play), ONO was it off the bench.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
See update. 2018 McDonald's All-American Sedona Prince (@thesedonaprince) will be in Storrs next week for a visit with @UconnWBB after the 6-foot-7 center announced her decision to transfer from the University of Texas due to medical reasons.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Need? LOL It's hard to find one able to play at a UConn level and you think they need 2. Maybe they need 3. After all 2 could get hurt. :rolleyes:

Here's a fable for you. Try and figure out which of the characters represent Geno and which represents some UConn fans.

Loved this story as a kid.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm not privy to Prince's medical records, but just speaking for myself, I think I get clinically depressed when I see the results of Aston's coaching.
I thought she might list religious reasons.

(She'd be damned if she was going to stay another year.)

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think if Geno is actively recruiting Prince then he is not making the progress he would like in recruiting the other targets on UConn's lists. Mind you I said I think, not that it is a reality. Others may not agree.

Not an unreasonable supposition as far as I am concerned. Geno has been burned so often on Bigs, meanwhile when they graduate from their other choices they pretty much disappear (yes, intended to incite UConn critics).

Reaction Score
In Durham and Knoxville, it's being run over by a bus after every loss.
If it is truly for medical reasons, why would anyone take a chance that she could return to her former self. Also what is that UConn or any other big time program can provide medically that Texas can’t. It’s that there is more to this story.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I think Prince fits at UConn. Ideally, that would also get you guys out of the race for Cardoso. Even though she might end up at State, which I wouldn't care for either. Ugh, decisions.

Reaction Score
I think Prince fits at UConn. Ideally, that would also get you guys out of the race for Cardoso. Even though she might end up at State, which I wouldn't care for either. Ugh, decisions.
Which one do you think ends up possibly at State? I assume you mean Mississippi State?

Reaction Score
With White and Collier already with a year of experience ahead of her and the possibility of another biggie like Cardoso or someone else coming in, maybe she sees the handwriting on the wall, especially if she is not 100% re overed.

Reaction Score
Is Prince considering any other schools besides UConn. Remember Notre Dame graduated their whole front court and I don’t see anyone on their current roster capable of replacing them. In addition Muffy would like nothing better than to rub Geno’s nose in it by snatching one of his prized recruits.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is Prince considering any other schools besides UConn. Remember Notre Dame graduated their whole front court and I don’t see anyone on their current roster capable of replacing them. In addition Muffy would like nothing better than to rub Geno’s nose in it by snatching one of his prized recruits.

But also remember that lately, a number of players have been getting injured there (knee injuries) Coincidence, maybe, maybe not. That dynamic is something she might want to take a hard look at before making a decision. I would. I think Muffet enjoys rubbing Geno’s nose in it every chance she gets. And to think at one time they were buds. :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom