Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads] | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Sedona Prince is in the Portal [merged threads]

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I would as well, but you are not going to get more than 2 blue chip posts to commit to the same school. Each year there are probably only a handful of posts that are good enough to play at UConn. These elite posts want to play, and play right away. They are not going to go to the same school as another elite post and maybe not start for a few years.
I have a hard time agreeing with your comment in light of Oregon and Baylor carrying multiple bigs. Most bigs are not able to influence the game in their first two years. Even Griner or Aja Wilson did not have the ability to lead their team to a FF. until later in their career. Give me a couple Tina's or Steff's that hang around for a couple years and then explode on the scene.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aw this very conflicted board!

Since Stewie graduated: UCONN needs height.... Today: That's too much height unless we are going to run a "double post "offense.
~180 days ago: UCONN need guards. ~20 Days ago: Where is Geno going to find minutes for all these guards? I guess UCONN is going to run a 4 guard offense.
~180 days ago: UCONN will be lucky to make it to a regional championship. Today: UCONN could be looking at multiple championships.
~180 days ago: UCONN can't rely on Batouly being healthy. 10 Days ago- Batouly sure looks great.
~60 Days ago: We got Paige yea! Today: Why has no other elite player signed up to play with Paige.

"How do you want it?"
............Tupac Shakur

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Aw this very conflicted board!

Since Stewie graduated: UCONN needs height.... Today: That's too much height unless we are going to run a "double post "offense.
~180 days ago: UCONN need guards. ~20 Days ago: Where is Geno going to find minutes for all these guards? I guess UCONN is going to run a 4 guard offense.
~180 days ago: UCONN will be lucky to make it to a regional championship. Today: UCONN could be looking at multiple championships.
~180 days ago: UCONN can't rely on Batouly being healthy. 10 Days ago- Batouly sure looks great.
~60 Days ago: We got Paige yea! Today: Why has no other elite player signed up to play with Paige.

"How do you want it?"
Tupac Shakur
Love it!

Reaction Score
According to the article, the bullying began when she was young and continued into HS. If I recall, there was a youngster in GA who was the victim of bullying. Fellow by the name of Hershel Walker. Perhaps you’ve heard of him? Won a National Championship and a Heisman Trophy as a member of the GA Bulldogs.
Haha - yeah I guess Herschel did OK after being a fat kid with a speech impediment (3X AA in football & track, football NC, Heisman Trophy and Olympic bobsledder). But he wasn’t wish-washy about wanting to play at Georgia :D:D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I have a hard time agreeing with your comment in light of Oregon and Baylor carrying multiple bigs. Most bigs are not able to influence the game in their first two years. Even Griner or Aja Wilson did not have the ability to lead their team to a FF.

Griner got Baylor to the Final Four as a freshman.

Some players can make impacts early. Prince looked pretty impactful prior to the injury and she'll be 20 in her first season, not exactly a kid anymore.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Sedona Prince would not be brought in as a savior. UConn will be loaded--even more than they are at the moment--in 2020. Prince would just make the team that much scarier and likely shift some recruiting priorities.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Griner got Baylor to the Final Four as a freshman.
Some players can make impacts early. Prince looked pretty impactful prior to the injury and she'll be 20 in her first season, not exactly a kid anymore.
I'd say she looked improved prior to the injury but not impactful She was playing on her 3rd USA basketball team without much of an impact when she was injured. Someone always seemed to be playing better. In 2015 Valencia Meyers outplayed her at U16. In 2016 Bailey, ONO, Dotson and C. Collier all outplayed her at the post position. in 2018 Davenport picked up the slack after Prince's injury at USA basketball U18. There wasn't much of an impact in her last EYBL season either where she averaged about 10 PPG. That was the same EYBL season Christyn Williams use to ascend to Number one and Charli Collier made a lot of noise also.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
in 2018 Davenport picked up the slack after Prince's injury at USA basketball U18.

Tiny samples all around, but in the U18's Prince had these total numbers in 40 minutes played:

22 points, 20 rebounds, 4 blocks, 9-18 FG

That's pretty good production.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time agreeing with your comment in light of Oregon and Baylor carrying multiple bigs. Most bigs are not able to influence the game in their first two years. Even Griner or Aja Wilson did not have the ability to lead their team to a FF. until later in their career. Give me a couple Tina's or Steff's that hang around for a couple years and then explode on the scene.

What 2 posts did Oregon have that were blue chip recruits? Tina Charles was the #2 overall player in her class and Dolson was the #2 post in her class,they were not low ranked or unknown players!

Reaction Score

A’ja went to the Final Four as a freshman and scored 20 points in the semifinals. That’s got to count for something....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A’ja went to the Final Four as a freshman and scored 20 points in the semifinals. That’s got to count for something....

I'd forgotten about that. Her and Griner, along with strong defense, really did lead their teams to Final Fours. UConn doesn't need Prince to lead them there, but she'd go a long way to making them closer to unbeatable.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Brianna Turner bookmarked her "active" ND career in the NCAA finals. (Unfortunately, both ended in losses, but she was a major reason in getting the Irish that far.
- As a freshman she, earned spot on NCAA Final Four All-Tournament Team after averaging 15.5 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.0 blocks with a .591 field-goal percentage in the semi's and finals.
- And she, of course, was on the team that recently lost to Baylor.

- In her junior year, she was -- perhaps -- having her best year, having started 35 straight games and averaging some 29 minutes per game, but got injured in the final minutes of a win over Purdue. The Irish wiped out Ohio State in the next round but came up short (by a point, of course) against a tough Stanford team (that's probably redundant).
- And in her "regular" senior year, she was part of the "gang of four" with knee injuries that watched the Irish get to and win the title.

Interestingly, the two other Irish on those rosters who actively played and made the Final game twice were her "co-forwards," Kat Westbeld and Jessica Shepard. In the year Turner was out, Westbeld and Shepard teamed up (very well).

Reaction Score
Sedona Prince would not be brought in as a savior. UConn will be loaded--even more than they are at the moment--in 2020. Prince would just make the team that much scarier and likely shift some recruiting priorities.

UConn isn't truly loaded yet......................... still two more skilled front court players away in my opinion....................................................waiting impatiently.................

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
UConn isn't truly loaded yet..... still two more skilled front court players away in my opinion............waiting impatiently.......

I intended for that phrase to mean they were going to be loaded on paper in 2020 with more additions coming. It sounds like I meant they are loaded for the upcoming season which, by UConn standards, isn't really the case.

Reaction Score
I intended for that phrase to mean they were going to be loaded on paper in 2020 with more additions coming. It sounds like I meant they are loaded for the upcoming season which, by UConn standards, isn't really the case.

no I meant 2020..............

Reaction Score
UConn isn't truly loaded yet..... still two more skilled front court players away in my opinion............waiting impatiently.......
You are right we are a couple of front court players away from being loaded.

Reaction Score
Well it is quite easy for me to picture Sedona Prince in UConn colors playing with UConn players because her primary shot on her Twitter account features her USA BB team photo: she's in red, white and blue, and to her immediate left is ONO, and sitting right below Sedona is CW. Let's just reconvene that shot along with MW3, Evina, C Danger, etc...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
no I meant 2020....

I don't want to argue team quality here but 2020 will be this year's roster a year older and better, plus Bueckers and Muhl. The loss of Crystal Dangerfield will be big but her replacement is special. That's a pretty stacked team before any other additions (transfers, recruits) are added.

Reaction Score
I don't want to argue team quality here but 2020 will be this year's roster a year older and better, plus Bueckers and Muhl. The loss of Crystal Dangerfield will be big but her replacement is special. That's a pretty stacked team before any other additions (transfers, recruits) are added.

waiting on a big skilled two way forward and possibly another post player..............if the forward can defend against big forwards and most post players, UConn can wait for DeBerry in 2021.........

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Haha - yeah I guess Herschel did OK after being a fat kid with a speech impediment (3X AA in football & track, football NC, Heisman Trophy and Olympic bobsledder). But he wasn’t wish-washy about wanting to play at Georgia :D:D
Hmmmm, actually

"My parents really wanted me to go to Georgia," Walker told the reporter. I told them, 'I'm not going to Georgia. I'm not going to Georgia.' So I ended up flipping a coin and pulled the names out of a bag and Georgia won. And I said I'm going to Georgia and didn't really mean it.

"My parents called Coach Dooley ... and they told him and everybody else, 'Herschel has decided to go Georgia.' He showed up at my home that night and I was too embarrassed to tell him I was joking so I ended up signing and going to Georgia."

Later Walker admitted off-camera to the reporter that Clemson was actually his first choice.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well numbers wise they lose 5 players. Right now, 2020-21 will only be a roster of 8. So a very good core, but they still need to add some players.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Shea Ralph just followed her on twitter!

as did Niele Ivey for the ND fans...among all the coaches that followed her Niele Ivey is the only she followed back. I guess she really does not want to sit again:p

Putting my $ on ND

I will say that this is fairly significant because ND doesn't go after every transfer on the market.

As much as ND fans may have wanted the Irish to go for Cooks or Westbrook or whoever else, Niele never followed them nor did they follow Niele, to the best of my knowledge.

Reaction Score
Hmmmm, actually

"My parents really wanted me to go to Georgia," Walker told the reporter. I told them, 'I'm not going to Georgia. I'm not going to Georgia.' So I ended up flipping a coin and pulled the names out of a bag and Georgia won. And I said I'm going to Georgia and didn't really mean it.

"My parents called Coach Dooley ... and they told him and everybody else, 'Herschel has decided to go Georgia.' He showed up at my home that night and I was too embarrassed to tell him I was joking so I ended up signing and going to Georgia."

Later Walker admitted off-camera to the reporter that Clemson was actually his first choice.
Oh boy. OK, well at least he honors his commitments... ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom