Secret Scrimmage | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage

Reaction Score
The worries about Alterique's efficiency are normal. He's unfortunately never really beem healthy here and has never shot well here. I think posters just worry this is the continuation of the pattern.

Reaction Score
If he doesn't improve than someone else has to step up in his role and be more productive. That's a long shot.
Does anyone know?
Who was back up PG ? That’s a key question for success in 2019-20
How well did the team perform with AG on the bench?
(Hopefully AG didn’t play 40 minutes with no Gaffney.)
Polley obviously had a good shooting night.
Who if anyone assisted on his points?
Did we get open looks?
Carlton scoring was held down why? Couldn’t we connect on an entry pass?
or did they collapse to take him out of the game.
Did Harvard play much zone.? Was it effective?
Were we able to utilize our length?
At what point was it game over as final scores may be meaningless?
ie. If we’re up 80-65 with 4-5 to go and they outscored us at garbage tine 15-6 that pretty much means our D was outstanding.
These are only a few of my questions

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Does anyone know?
Did we get open looks?
ie. If we’re up 80-65 with 4-5 to go and they outscored us at garbage tine 15-6 that pretty much means our D was outstanding.
With how guard oriented our offense is and our lack of depth there now Gaffney has an opportunity to play major minutes early with the ball in his hands. Not just at the 1 but the 2, even the 3 alongside CV and AG in 3 guard lineups against smaller teams. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up playing 22+ minutes a game right off the bat. I hate that he missed so much practice time nursing this sprained ankle.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

So this one they left the window open on?

After Diallo doesn't look like anyone else played for PeeCee
AJ Reeves 2 pts and 1 asst in nearly 30 minutes?

Reaction Score
Does anyone know?
Did we get open looks?

So this one they left the window open on?

so tell me @imno1

which of these questions does a stat sheet answer?

Reaction Score
Great results from the scrimmage. We won and I'll take it. That tells me plenty right there. I think the observations regarding us playing well defensively even though we gave up 80 points are valid. We must have shown that we had a defensive identity of unity and toughness and effort. It's still October, this team has miles to go before it's all locked in, so it is great to see Hurley has them playing some cohesive D with rim protection. Good shooting nights come and go, we were down two guards who will both play serious minutes, and we still put up 86 points against a good solid well-coached team and walked away with the win. This is early season stuff you hang your hat on and build from.

Reaction Score
With how guard oriented our offense is and our lack of depth there now Gaffney has an opportunity to play major minutes early with the ball in his hands. Not just at the 1 but the 2, even the 3 alongside CV and AG in 3 guard lineups against smaller teams. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up playing 22+ minutes a game right off the bat. I hate that he missed so much practice time nursing this sprained ankle.
A sprained ankle can keep a player out for 5 weeks or longer

Reaction Score
The worries about Alterique's efficiency are normal. He's unfortunately never really beem healthy here and has never shot well here. I think posters just worry this is the continuation of the pattern.
He shot well in the garden last year. Made some huge shots from DEEP! I wish you kave been there to enjoy it.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
so much for the so called “runner-up team of the decade”

No no no, their fans justified it by saying they may not have had the same amount of team success but that their “team” of five individual players had better college careers than our “team” of five individual players.

As in Carsen Edwards had a better college career than Kemba Walker and E’Twaun Moore had a better college career than Shabazz Napier, and I for one think that’s true!

Reaction Score
No no no, their fans justified it by saying they may not have had the same amount of team success but that their “team” of five individual players had better college careers than our “team” of five individual players.

As in Carsen Edwards had a better college career than Kemba Walker and E’Twaun Moore had a better college career than Shabazz Napier, and I for one think that’s true!

1572261024943.gif

Reaction Score

I live in Indiana, Purdue fans are absolutely clueless

Reaction Score
We've been so worried about Center play and wham, Gaffney and Bouknight don't play, they don't seek eligibility for Cole, and Adams must have been our only scholarship backcourt sub and didn't score? Geez. I just wish we could start a season with a roster of available players.

Reaction Score
We've been so worried about Center play and wham, Gaffney and Bouknight don't play, they don't seek eligibility for Cole, and Adams must have been our only scholarship backcourt sub and didn't score? Geez. I just wish we could start a season with a roster of available players.
Rickety it’s not how you start but how you finish. Stay calm and things will work out

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
To pile on to the we can’t tell anything from a closed door scrimmage talk. There’s no foul trouble. Carlton could have had 9. Good coaches will attack him.

Reaction Score

Come on now, you must be joking. Only a Boilermaker-colored glasses Purdue fan could ever be clueless enough to think that Carsen Edwards had a better college career than Kemba Walker.

That is completely non-sensical. There is no arguing that Carsen Edwards had an excellent career at Purdue. He had a great year last year, and tried to almost single-handedly carry his team past the eventual National Champion Virginia in that classic Elite 8 game where he scored 42 points, including 10 3-pointers (0 assists by the way - Kemba averaged 5.7 assists per game during our 2011 National Title run, including 7 each versus both Arizona in the Elite 8 game and 7 versus Kentucky in the Semi-Final game... and yeah, it makes a difference).

But ultimately, Edwards failed where Kemba succeeded. Kemba threw that team, and frankly the weight of our entire fan base onto his back and carried us to the Big East Tournament title (5 in 5 days baby!) and then more importantly to the National Title. Nothing Edwards did compares to that.

By measurement of what matters most, Kemba wins that debate (2 Final Fours, 1 National Title to 0 of either for Edwards) hands down. Period. End of story.

And while we are at it, so does Shabazz (2 National Titles) win out over E'Twaun Moore (Best Years: 2 Sweet 16's). Particularly since Shabazz was the centerpiece of the 2014 National Title run.
2 > 0. 'Nough said.

Reaction Score
Come on now, you must be joking. Only a Boilermaker-colored glasses Purdue fan could ever be clueless enough to think that Carsen Edwards had a better college career than Kemba Walker.

That is completely non-sensical. There is no arguing that Carsen Edwards had an excellent career at Purdue. He had a great year last year, and tried to almost single-handedly carry his team past the eventual National Champion Virginia in that classic Elite 8 game where he scored 42 points, including 10 3-pointers (0 assists by the way - Kemba averaged 5.7 assists per game during our 2011 National Title run, including 7 each versus both Arizona in the Elite 8 game and 7 versus Kentucky in the Semi-Final game... and yeah, it makes a difference).

But ultimately, Edwards failed where Kemba succeeded. Kemba threw that team, and frankly the weight of our entire fan base onto his back and carried us to the Big East Tournament title (5 in 5 days baby!) and then more importantly to the National Title. Nothing Edwards did compares to that.

By measurement of what matters most, Kemba wins that debate (2 Final Fours, 1 National Title to 0 of either for Edwards) hands down. Period. End of story.

And while we are at it, so does Shabazz (2 National Titles) win out over E'Twaun Moore (Best Years: 2 Sweet 16's). Particularly since Shabazz was the centerpiece of the 2014 National Title run.
2 > 0. 'Nough said.
Please don’t let this get off track

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rickety it’s not how you start but how you finish. Stay calm and things will work out

Or Alterique gets hurt and we are @#$@#. Nobody knows snow.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Maybe Carsen had better numbers in college than Kemba (I'm too lazy and not interested to look it up) but Kemba has a NCAA ring and will forever be remembered for leading the UConn team to an unbelievable run - something Carsen did not enjoy. Will Carsen be an NBA All Star and earning beaucoup salary? Who knows but Kemba did/is.
The E'Ttwaun - Kemba argument shows two players with similar numbers with the exception in that E'Twaun played much more his freshman year - the biggest difference - Nappier has 2 rings
To me - as stupid as it may sound - Tyler had a better college career than any Purdue big simply because he has 2 rings to zero
I guess it all boils down to what better means and/or in what context it is being applied

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom