Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

Reaction Score
Well, this being the second year in a row he's had a stupid preseason incident that demonstrated horrific leadership for a team desperately in need of it, the criticism seems warranted, no?
Keyword there is leadership. Can criticize/question his leadership all you want. His ability/commitment to UConn is not up for debate

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's a pre-season dark scrimmage. No one knows what rule was violated or why. Could have been late to practice. Could have talked back to the coach. Could have NOT gotten on another teammate hard enough. Lots of stuff. He's punished, did the time now we move on. It's really not a big deal.

You violate a rule, you sit. Pretty basketball 101.

In a silver lining sort of way, it's good it happened now and not when it matters.

And since I it happened to The Man, all the players learn a valuable lesson by extension

Reaction Score
Weird... because what I read in the Courant article where Hurley talks about Adams’ benching, he mentioned Gilbert and Vital were the bright spots in the game. I’d be interested to know what caused the fighting.

Reaction Score
A scrimmage like this is meaningless at this early stage.....and then again maybe not. If it was that the players are not used to playing together because this is all new then OK, but then again if our front court which was a known weakness last year was the problem and getting abused, then if that is the reason, it’s concerning isn’t it?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree that this shall pass BUT being the second straight year has me a bit annoyed at JA
NEVER would I say that the kid is not needed because his talent and heart on the floor is so crucial to this team
I am surprised he decided to do whatever because Hurley has been so pronounced on doing the right things etc.
Best to put this behind and go forward in making sure this team experiences improvement and success

Reaction Score
Whats the rule around scrimmages? If you can do as many as you want, why dont more schools just schedule a bunch to get their teams early practice?

Reaction Score
Whats the rule around scrimmages? If you can do as many as you want, why dont more schools just schedule a bunch to get their teams early practice?
I believe you only get 2 preseason scrimmages/charity games/games against non D1 schools

Reaction Score
I am convinced that we are going to find out that AG is the most talented player and the leader by conference play....

In my opinion, he always has been. Jalen is a close second when it comes to talent.

Reaction Score
I am convinced that we are going to find out that AG is the most talented player and the leader by conference play....

I’ve been saying since 2016 that Gilbert is the best player on the team. Way better than any guard on the roster. Might not be the pure scorer that Adams is but he is better.

Reaction Score
From the New Haven Register.

Gilbert, who has had multiple shoulder surgeries over the past few years, “was very impressive, real confident in his health. He played with joy. His energy was infections and his speed was apparent ... and he really shot the ball well from 3.”

“For us to be better than what people think, we’ve got to be better on our overall defensive mindset, work on getting stops, getting out running, 3-point line defense and overall rebounding,” said Hurley. “I thought we were soft there. You don’t go from bad to good at those things really quickly. You’ve got to battle. It’s not easy to get good at hard things.”

Jalen Adams, Sid Wilson held out of UConn’s closed-door scrimmage due to violation of team rules

Reaction Score
Love to see the whole boxscore, but bravo to these three for putting up points with a depleted roster. They were probably a little out of synch on offense.

Reaction Score
If you’re “horrified” by this, you need to re-evaluate the effect UConn basketball has on your emotional well-being.

Man is this gonna be a difficult year for you.

I said Adams was displaying awful leadership. Do you disagree?

Moreover, the need to twist people's words in a lame attempt to score "likes" is why everyone labels you Straw(man)master.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I said Adams was displaying awful leadership. Do you disagree?

Moreover, the need to twist people's words in a lame attempt to score "likes" is why everyone labels you Straw(man)master.

Twist people's words?

In post #191 in this thread (Secret Scrimmage v Harvard), you mention his "horrific leadership." Don't people tend to be horrified by the things that they call "horrific?"

Furthermore, I couldn't care less about "likes" and have no idea why you would bring it up.

Reaction Score
Twist people's words?

In post #191 in this thread (Secret Scrimmage v Harvard), you mention his "horrific leadership." Don't people tend to be horrified by the things that they call "horrific?"

Furthermore, I couldn't care less about "likes" and have no idea why you would bring it up.
Did stair master change his name?

Reaction Score
Weird... because what I read in the Courant article where Hurley talks about Adams’ benching, he mentioned Gilbert and Vital were the bright spots in the game. I’d be interested to know what caused the fighting.
We don’t actually know if the Vital fight even occurred. Since what I was told ended up being true, I asked about the Vital fight and was told no further info. I’d probably say 50/50z

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Did stair master change his name?

Did you make up absolute bullcrap about our coach getting into an argument with his players a few pages ago? Kind of like how you posted on the CR board about James Madison joining the AAC?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom