Secret Scrimmage v Harvard | The Boneyard

Secret Scrimmage v Harvard

Reaction Score
None, none and none. That's why they are closed scrimmages. That's the NCAA rule.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Whatever happens in scrimmage, stays in scrimmage.....

Or is that Vegas ?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Sucking the fun out of college basket ball is a core purpose of the NCAA, well that and ignoring violations which happen on Tobacco Road.
And we ain't in Kansas either Dorothy

Reaction Score
Maybe the players will post instagram stories of themselves during the game so we can get some highlights.

Reaction Score
80. Harvard
The (healthy) return of Bryce Aiken and getting Seth Towns and Chris Lewis back means Tommy Amaker has three of the 10 best players in the Ivy League. After three seasons away, the Crimson should return to the NCAAs -- although that's more of a question now since the Ivy League (unfortunately) went to a four-team tournament to decide its auto bid.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm hoping it leaks if we win. If we lose, I hope it stays secret forever.

Pretty sure the press gets a box score post event.

That said, does anyone know if this is a completely 'official' scrimmage in that it is run just like a regular game? Or can coaches stop the action for teaching points or sets?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Pretty sure the press gets a box score post event.

That said, does anyone know if this is a completely 'official' scrimmage in that it is run just like a regular game? Or can coaches stop the action for teaching points or sets?

I believe there will be refs and it should be an official scrimmage with scoring.....

Reaction Score
Both teams will play to win but that will not be the object of the game.

Reaction Score
Story from the sixties....In 1964 UConn with Toby, Bialoksunia, Penders, et al held a closed scrimmage with the Jimmy Walker led PC team. Big deal at the time. Anyway I showed up to hang around and try to get in to no avail. On the other hand, one assistant football coach named Lou Holtz was manning one of the entrances which was chained shut, but could be partially opened. Gentleman Lou allowed me to open the doors as much as possible and peer through the doors to watch the game as best as I could. Pretty competitive game as best as I could tell—-Toby, Wes and Holloway (I think) vs Walker, Riordan and Westbrook.
No matter how much I grew to dislike Holtz, I will always have warm memories of a kinder, gentler, 20-something Holtz.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom