SEC 21-22 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida has really impressed, they lost their coach in the off-season and their star player midseason and is very much competitive despite all the adversity. As much as everyone is rightfully congratulating other SEC coaches for their success this season, I think you can't overlook the great work the staff at Florida has done this season.

Reaction Score
Florida has really impressed, they lost their coach in the off-season and their star player midseason and is very much competitive despite all the adversity. As much as everyone is rightfully congratulating other SEC coaches for their success this season, I think you can't overlook the great work the staff at Florida has done this season.
If they finish the season strong. The job is hers IMO

Reaction Score
I thought this season would be a cakewalk to the SEC regular season and tournament title. It turns out this might be one of our toughest fights. It is up there with the years we split with Miss State and got knocked out of the tournament by Arkansas. The rest of the SEC has really stepped up.

I don't know. We didn't win the league last year.

Georgia is pretty much the same team, maybe not as good. TAMU is maybe not a tournament team. Kentucky is much worse. Arkansas is much worse.

Tennessee is Tennessee from last year but with a better version of Horston and no Rennia, which is an improvement but maybe not a huge one.

LSU is better but don't think their talent level is ultimately any higher yet.

Reaction Score
Tennessee has caught Dawn's attention enough to cancel the UConn game to get in the makeup game with Ole Miss.

Otherwise, tying in the loss column would not have gotten a share of title. Interesting.

I don't think any fans aren't happy with that.

Reaction Score
I don't know. We didn't win the league last year.

Georgia is pretty much the same team, maybe not as good. TAMU is maybe not a tournament team. Kentucky is much worse. Arkansas is much worse.

Tennessee is Tennessee from last year but with a better version of Horston and no Rennia, which is an improvement but maybe not a huge one.

LSU is better but don't think their talent level is ultimately any higher yet.
So what do you think is going on in the SEC? If other teams haven’t gotten better, does that mean SCar, so far, is a worse team vs last year? Dawn brought in by far the top ranked recruiting class (almost all top 10 ranked players), with a better version of Boston and no Harris, which should be an improvement but maybe not a huge one.

Will add, seems like WCB in general seems down. Ever season has injuries, freshman who need a season before contributing, so not sure what’s the reason. Maybe back half of the season teams will get in a groove…

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So what do you think is going on in the SEC? If other teams haven’t gotten better, does that mean SCar, so far, is a worse team vs last year? Dawn brought in by far the top ranked recruiting class (almost all top 10 ranked players), with a better version of Boston and no Harris, which should be an improvement but maybe not a huge one.

Will add, seems like WCB in general seems down. Ever season has injuries, freshman who need a season before contributing, so not sure what’s the reason. Maybe back half of the season teams will get in a groove…

South Carolina didn't win the SEC last year.

I'm not exactly sure what there is to be disappointed about with South Carolina this year so I'm not sure how to really answer your question.

Harris wasn't on the team last year.

ED. -- I guess Cooke has been pretty bad in comparison to last year, but SCar is undefeated against ranked teams after playing just about everyone there is to play and the one loss is an OT road loss to Missouri who has two former Gamecocks on it and plenty of Institutional motivation.

I'm not really into grading on style points. We aren't that kind of dominant. Didn't really think we were coming in. But certainly one of two teams to beat.

Reaction Score
Great 77-62 win by Mississippi State over Missouri tonight. C Thompson stepped into the starting lineup with a 27 point performance to include 7-12 threes. Annie Hayes with 24 points and M Taylor with 8 assists and 6 steals. Annie Hayes was singing Coach Novak’s praises after the game.

Also, J Carter is conducting individual workouts with assistant coach Bob Thornton and says she will play for Mississippi State next season.

Reaction Score
SEC's momentum probably crested with the selection show.

Tennessee immediately loses to Auburn? after being named a 1 seed, LSU gets absolutely drilled after I told my wife, ooh, I think that's gonna end up being too high, and pleasant surprise Mizzou gets crushed by Miss State team that is apparently happy to be rid of Rickea Jackson.

When we consider multi-loss UGA being up there in that top 16? as well, whew.

Reaction Score

Tennessee immediately loses to Auburn? after being named a 1 seed, LSU gets absolutely drilled after I told my wife, ooh, I think that's gonna end up being too high, and pleasant surprise Mizzou gets crushed by Miss State team that is apparently happy to be rid of Rickea Jackson.

Not happy with Rickea transfer but it certainly appears the transfer may be good for both parties. Little doubt for me that Rickea can be a great player but she needs the right environment to achieve her potential. Rickea has not had three point shot success and she is not a physical player. Is that really a fit with Vic, maybe not but in her freshmen year under Vic she was an aggressive player and appeared to be on her way to success. The kids Vic has today at Texas are very physical and aggressive, if Rickea transfers to Texas (I personally would like that transfer) she will need to change her stripes and become much more physical.

Reaction Score
Not happy with Rickea transfer but it certainly appears the transfer may be good for both parties. Little doubt for me that Rickea can be a great player but she needs the right environment to achieve her potential. Rickea has not had three point shot success and she is not a physical player. Is that really a fit with Vic, maybe not but in her freshmen year under Vic she was an aggressive player and appeared to be on her way to success. The kids Vic has today at Texas are very physical and aggressive, if Rickea transfers to Texas (I personally would like that transfer) she will need to change her stripes and become much more physical.
Texas makes the most sense to me.

She had her best year under Vic and hasn't been the same since.

Reaction Score
Great 77-62 win by Mississippi State over Missouri tonight. C Thompson stepped into the starting lineup with a 27 point performance to include 7-12 threes. Annie Hayes with 24 points and M Taylor with 8 assists and 6 steals. Annie Hayes was singing Coach Novak’s praises after the game.

Also, J Carter is conducting individual workouts with assistant coach Bob Thornton and says she will play for Mississippi State next season.

Mil, could Jessika play this year?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Agree with this. Plus Ole Miss just looked straight up bad last night. I know SC is good but Ole Miss shouldn't lose by 29 if they're a top 25 team. Suddenly it's Arkansas and Florida that are the hot teams in the SEC (aside from SC).

Reaction Score
Agree with this. Plus Ole Miss just looked straight up bad last night. I know SC is good but Ole Miss shouldn't lose by 29 if they're a top 25 team. Suddenly it's Arkansas and Florida that are the hot teams in the SEC (aside from SC).
Maybe LSU isn’t a very good team but played over their heads all season. The last two games looked like LSU of last year. Things came crashing back down in a hurry. They could end the season strong or lose most of their remaining games. The team has looked checked out their last two nights out

Offense is improved but their defense is just really bad playing man to man. I don’t think it’s fixable this season

Reaction Score
Maybe LSU isn’t a very good team but played over their heads all season. The last two games looked like LSU of last year. Things came crashing back down in a hurry. They could end the season strong or lose most of their remaining games. The team has looked checked out their last two nights out

Offense is improved but their defense is just really bad playing man to man. I don’t think it’s fixable this season
Being a South Carolina fan, her team is reminding me of the ups and downs of the better years for Frank Martin's men's basketball teams here at USC. Like Frank, she requires a lot of mental toughness and physicality and it's hard to sustain month after month...bodies break down, doubt creeps in, etc. It feels like that point in the season where Frank's teams fall apart and put together a string of bad losses. But just like his teams, I have a feeling LSU will be fine once they regain their mental toughness...maybe just getting a win in their corner will right the ship. Once that happens, I think they'll be back to peak form and playing like a 2-3 seed.

Reaction Score
Jessica Carter could play, but won't. She and Novak have chosen to keep her eligibility instead of coming in with just a month of season left.

Reaction Score

I think LSU is a good team but not quite as good as it appeared early. They have some talent in spots but overall have to play at a high level to be a very good team. To me it seems like they appeared a little mentally drained the last couple of games. They don’t have the overall talent to offset those type of nights against good teams. Fortunately they have some games coming up where they should be favored based on matchups. I expect by the end of the regular season they will have their legs under them again.

Reaction Score
Another good win by Mississippi State over Texas A&M 78-58. All four starting guards plus Ace Hayes in double figures. Unfortunately D Carter fell on her knee in the third quarter and did not return. She was on crutches with an ice pack but more information will be available later. C Kohl and R Farley split the remaining minutes in the third quarter with C Kohl playing the fourth. She actually held her on with three blocks and several good low post screens. D Carter had four blocks before she was hurt. MSU improves to 4-4 in the SEC and 13-7 overall.

Reaction Score
Another good win by Mississippi State over Texas A&M 78-58. All four starting guards plus Ace Hayes in double figures. Unfortunately D Carter fell on her knee in the third quarter and did not return. She was on crutches with an ice pack but more information will be available later. C Kohl and R Farley split the remaining minutes in the third quarter with C Kohl playing the fourth. She actually held her on with three blocks and several good low post screens. D Carter had four blocks before she was hurt. MSU improves to 4-4 in the SEC and 13-7 overall.
I don't think TAMU is much of a quality win to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom