SEC 21-22 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

SEC 21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Florida schedule is pretty light to end the year
Look at Florida flexing! 5 consecutive games against ranked teams and they win 4 of the 5 with the only loss coming against South Carolina. Ok I'm just gonna go ahead and ask: was Briggs that much of a problem for this team? They have really taken off since her departure and that can't be a coincidence. Some of the UCONN staff was following her last year when she was in the portal and I thought she would be a great addition to UCONN but I guess I needed to take a closer look.

Reaction Score
Florida schedule is pretty light to end the year
They play LSU and that’s it for the the upper half of the standings. Tennessee and LSU still have a couple of big ones and so does SC.

Reaction Score
Look at Florida flexing! 5 consecutive games against ranked teams and the win 4 of the 5 with the only loss coming against South Carolina. Ok I'm just gonna go ahead and ask: was Briggs that much of a problem for this team? They have really taken off since her departure and that can't be a coincidence. Some of the UCONN staff was following her last year when she was in the portal and I thought she would be a great addition to UCONN but I guess I needed to take a closer look.
I don’t know if she was or not. Sometimes when there’s a really good player the rest of the team stands around and waits for them to make a play. Rhyne Howard, Rikea Jackson, Lavendar Briggs, even Rae Burrell. Tennessee was doing great until their “superstar” came back. It has changed their entire team dynamic.

Reaction Score
k I'm just gonna go ahead and ask: was Briggs that much of a problem for this team? They have really taken off since her departure and that can't be a coincidence.
Of note I would say so has Miss St has been better as well since losing Rickea. Sometimes its how things end up working, chemistry matters. Just plugging in a talented player doesn't always equate to success.

Idk if Briggs was a problem though, but she almost left last summer for Baylor but ended up staying.

Reaction Score
From the contender standings here are the remaining schedules.
South Carolina-@UK, @UGA, Aub, TN, @TAM, @OM
Tennessee-MO, Vandy, @AL, @SC, MissSt, LSU
Florida- @MissSt, @Aub, Ark, @LSU, @Vandy, MO
LSU-@OM, UGA, @TAM, @MSU, FL, AL, @TN
Ole Miss-LSU, @MSU, TAM, @Vandy, Ark, @Aub, SC
Georgia-@LSU, SC, MO, @Aub, @Ark, TAM
Mississippi State-FL, OM, @UK, LSU, @MO, @UT, Ark
Missouri-@TN, Ark, @UGA, MSU, UK, @FL

I don’t see anyone catching South Carolina. However Tennessee has a favorable schedule. The game versus SC and then LSU are big. Likewise Ole Miss has two big games. Tonight’s game against LSU is big to see if they can stay top three. Florida only has one big game left although they have a lot of road games. I’ll be interested to see if LSU can regain their earlier form. They too have a lot of road games left.

I don’t see any of the remaining teams with enough winnable games to climb into the top three.

Reaction Score
The conference has been very, very interesting this year to say the least. I've reached the conclusion there is the exceptional team, SC, a couple of good teams in UT and LSU, decent teams like Ole Miss, Georgia, Arkansas, and one incredibly surprising team in FL. There are also very disappointing teams in A&M and KY.

The league should have 7 tournament teams fairly easily. Right now I would only think 1 is a second weekend threat.

Reaction Score
I’ll be interested to see if LSU can regain their earlier form. They too have a lot of road games left.
I will probably get attacked for this but LSU has not looked good in weeks, even in their win verses Kentucky they didn't look like themselves until the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter. Defense has gone downhill big time the last few games, they aren't having issues scoring the ball this year ironically but they are letting teams score at ease. I don't know what the deal is but they just don't look super comfortable playing man to man but I know most of the team has been playing in a zone based system the last 4 years. Its gonna be a make or break for them this week, facing Ole Miss, Georgia, and A&M

Reaction Score
I will probably get attacked for this but LSU has not looked good in weeks, even in their win verses Kentucky they didn't look like themselves until the last 7 minutes of the 4th quarter. Defense has gone downhill big time the last few games, they aren't having issues scoring the ball this year ironically but they are letting teams score at ease. I don't know what the deal is but they just don't look super comfortable playing man to man but I know most of the team has been playing in a zone based system the last 4 years. Its gonna be a make or break for them this week, facing Ole Miss, Georgia, and A&M
Why should/would you get attacked? No one was exactly sure how LSU was going to fare at the start of the year with all the changes that happened.

Switching to a man defense from a zone is a learning curve, especially if they haven't played such a defense in years. Communication is key and may not be something the players are used to, but I'm guessing on that.

Reaction Score
We really have been very sloppy. Even our guards at times. I do feel like the more Morris is involved on offense. The better we are. Pointer has proven to be our closer in quarters and end game.

Our biggest flaw besides defense is our bigs. Aifuwa has just been sloppy at times. Newby to me hasn't been the same since the injury scare (which also started our regression) we get nothing from Gusters or Trasi.

Last but not least. Kim should have kept playing Ware and took whatever cons that came from being a freshman

Reaction Score
We really have been very sloppy. Even our guards at times. I do feel like the more Morris is involved on offense. The better we are. Pointer has proven to be our closer in quarters and end game.

Our biggest flaw besides defense is our bigs. Aifuwa has just been sloppy at times. Newby to me hasn't been the same since the injury scare (which also started our regression) we get nothing from Gusters or Trasi.

Last but not least. Kim should have kept playing Ware and took whatever cons that came from being a freshman
This team probably goes as far as Morris and Pointer take them. Cherry and Aifuwa have their moments but aren't super consistent but I think realistically we are getting what we can from them in the grand scheme of things. Newby isn't going to take over a game, she is mostly a rebounder. She was always like that at Vandy so I don't think its fair to expect her to become something she has never been her entire career.

Gusters will either put in the work or get passed up by someone from the portal this offseason. I personally don't think Kim is afraid to do it. She sat her last game vs Kentucky completely for a reason, she is sending a message (either put in the work or you won't see the floor).

I get the feeling Kim just simply doesn't trust ware at all. She mentioned in a previous interview that what they see at practice plays a big impact. Kim historically has never played freshmen a lot in general but I feel she will next season with Flaujae because its a recruit she personally recruited and we are going to need the offense. I expect the roster to probably empty out a bit this offseason and try to plug in the pieces with the portal. I was really wanting to see more of Bartlett but that seems like a next year problem. For what its worth, I heard Ware is considering entering the portal after this season ends and to not expect Logyn McNeil to be back.

Petty's injury sucks because it seemed like she was coming along and getting more time. It was an athletic big who is really strong on the boards.

Reaction Score

Idk why but I was expecting more than 5. There have been some amazing players over the years

Candace Parker didn’t get one? I could’ve sworn she did. But yes that’s some rare and nice company to be in congrats to Khayla!

Reaction Score
Candace Parker didn’t get one? I could’ve sworn she did. But yes that’s some rare and nice company to be in congrats to Khayla!
This says multiple triple doubles but yea that’s hard to believe. I figured a few more would have, Parker especially or Augustus

Did Aja have one?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Has anybody ever had a quadruple double?
I found this on google

A29A9EAC-5DEF-46C5-9CF6-C03796D75EA8.jpeg

Reaction Score
That was a big road win for LSU last night. I think LSU is going to be able to handle Georgia and Texas A&M.

Reaction Score
This says multiple triple doubles but yea that’s hard to believe. I figured a few more would have, Parker especially or Augustus

Did Aja have one?
I don’t believe A’ja ever got one. The closest stat line she got to it was 27 points, 15 rebounds and 6 blocks.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score

Did Aja have one?
A’ja never had one. She actually recently mentioned that in a post-game interview praising Aliyah while visiting SC for a game.

Reaction Score
Good lineup tonight. Who ya' got?

Fla @ MSU
Miz @ UT
SC @ UK
Van @ aTm
Aub @ Ark
UGA @ LSU

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Good lineup tonight. Who ya' got?

Fla @ MSU
Miz @ UT
SC @ UK
Van @ aTm
Aub @ Ark
UGA @ LSU
I think Mississippi State wins...Florida runs out of steam for this game.
Tennessee beats Mizzou and makes a good comeback
SC rolls over UK
A&M beats Vandy
Arkansas over Auburn
Georgia over LSU

Reaction Score
I think Mississippi State wins...Florida runs out of steam for this game.
Tennessee beats Mizzou and makes a good comeback
SC rolls over UK
A&M beats Vandy
Arkansas over Auburn
Georgia over LSU
This except Florida beat MSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors