Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

Reaction Score
So most schools have this seat donation model and when my rep told me about it I was on board. The problem is UConn is charging stupid money for these seat donations. My rep told me different prices a couple weeks ago before this came out. Either he lied to us or they jacked it up last second. They've done so many stupid things over the years but this might be at the top of the list.
what prices were you originally told?

C

Chief00

If there plan was to turn XL/Gampel ticketing policy into Rentschler then mission accomplished.

Bad product, bad opponent, bad prices.

Who wouldn't want to pay a premium for that and commit to a whole season, when you can buy a ticket in the parking lot, downtown, or on campus for $5 (or cheaper).

Perfect storm of stupidity.

Actually on average the opponents at The Rent are better teams in their sport than maybe 2/3rds of the home basketball schedule. Add insult to injury, UConn has elected to play most of the better OOC games at neutral sites, thus watering down the homeslate further.

Reaction Score
Looking at Gampel, a donation of $50 for upper level chairbacks, $100 for lower level behind the basket, and $200 for lower sideline probably wouldn't be an issue. But doubling, tripling, and in some cases quadrupling the ticket cost? Any person with a shred of common sense knows that that is only going to result in empty seats. This is going to blow up in their faces spectacularly, and they deserve it.

Reaction Score
I had season tickets at XL this season which had a good view and quick access to the bathroom but in section 213 which isn't very close to the action. Will I have to pay more to keep this seats again, even though they wouldn't be desirable to most?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Nothing
Except if lots of people refuse to buy season tickets, at least the good ones. Personally if I wasn't moving out of state I would not be buying tickets anymore - too much money and that is from someone who has missed no more than 20 home games at XL and on campus (field house and Gampel) for 37 seasons. A little extra fine, a one time payment maybe, this much extra over donation every year ridiculous

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
I paid 2,432 for my seats this year. Next year for the same seats they will be 5,972. Tell me how that makes any sense?

Reaction Score
I think the issue they are trying to resolve is they are now going to get less donations to the school because of the tax law changes. The 24,000 exemption it taking away the benefits of charitable donations to the school. So, they expect the donations to drop and therefore are moving the allocation to a mandatory seat fee.

Reaction Score
I paid 2,432 for my seats this year. Next year for the same seats they will be 5,972. Tell me how that makes any sense?

We paid $1152 for four XL seats - next year it'll be $2752. Ludicrous.

Reaction Score
So most schools have this seat donation model and when my rep told me about it I was on board. The problem is UConn is charging stupid money for these seat donations. My rep told me different prices a couple weeks ago before this came out. Either he lied to us or they jacked it up last second. They've done so many stupid things over the years but this might be at the top of the list.
Maybe it is exactly like buying a ticket and they'll keep these season ticket prices sky high right up until the season starts and then offer a slew of packages at discounts.
Or they'll just leave this plan in place for a few months, take the money that will pay anything/doesn't care and then selectively lower the unsold seats.

Reaction Score
Maybe it is exactly like buying a ticket and they'll keep these season ticket prices sky high right up until the season starts and then offer a slew of packages at discounts.
Or they'll just leave this plan in place for a few months, take the money that will pay anything/doesn't care and then selectively lower the unsold seats.
knowing how things have gone in the past, I'm betting you're right.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
My season ticket rep "guarantees" the lower bowl at Gampel and XL will be filled by season tickets holders willing to support the program. Says this process is a way for the program to weed out the people that are not truly loyal to the program. Sounds to me like the University has a really good sense of the pulse of the people.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
My season ticket rep "guarantees" the lower bowl at Gampel and XL will be filled by season tickets holders willing to support the program. Says this process is a way for the program to weed out the people that are not truly loyal to the program. Sounds to me like the University has a really good sense of the pulse of the people.
Sounds to me like your rep is on crack.

Reaction Score
I think we have the same rep. We were told the same thing today

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

And people here argue with me that Benedict isn’t a clown.

Reaction Score
LMAO

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom