Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Benedict isn't making these moves. UConn has being doing this stuff for 30 years.

You don’t think Benedict owns this? What the hell are they paying him $600k for the? To create lawsuits?

And yes, UConn has been shooting themselves in the nuts for 30 years. That’s how we got here.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
And people here argue with me that Benedict isn’t a clown.
8C3CB161-E8AA-44BC-906D-BDA5CACD32D6.jpeg

Reaction Score
You mean to tell me that you don't think the AD has any oversight to the ticketing policy which is raising prices by a grand or more in some instances?
He approved it but he didn't come up with this idea. They have been considering doing this for years.

Reaction Score
My season ticket rep "guarantees" the lower bowl at Gampel and XL will be filled by season tickets holders willing to support the program. Says this process is a way for the program to weed out the people that are not truly loyal to the program. Sounds to me like the University has a really good sense of the pulse of the people.

“Loyal to the program?” They’ve seem roughly $40,000 of my money over the past 15 years in donations alone, Including continued seat deposits for that abortion of a football program. If their response to that is to double my basketball season ticket price and then question my loyalty when I don’t bite, my response is to extend one finger in their direction and find better ways to spend my money.

Reaction Score
“Loyal to the program?” They’ve seem roughly $40,000 of my money over the past 15 years in donations alone, Including continued seat deposits for that abortion of a football program. If their response to that is to double my basketball season ticket price and then question my loyalty when I don’t bite, my response is to extend one finger in their direction and find better ways to spend my money.

My guess the loyalty that they are referring to are the season ticket holders who accumulated a lot of points over the years, but stopped contributing. As the team has declined, so has the season ticket base. So, those left with large point totals, no longer have to keep up with the Jones. They can stop contributing and keep their seats in relatively the same section. That is where the big monetary loses are coming from that they are trying to make up.

Reaction Score
My guess the loyalty that they are referring to are the season ticket holders who accumulated a lot of points over the years, but stopped contributing. As the team has declined, so has the season ticket base. So, those left with large point totals, no longer have to keep up with the Jones. They can stop contributing and keep their seats in relatively the same section. That is where the big monetary loses are coming from that they are trying to make up.
The only way I kept my seats was to contribute every year. My guess is some of those you speak of were the ones who dropped large donations after the 99 NC and then sat back. Most of the people I have sat with or near for the last 37 years never stopped donating at the same level they always did, that was how we maintained our seats.

Reaction Score
I agree with you, but they're just getting it started anticipating better scheduling and more ticket buyers as the program and the conference gets better.
It's been 6 years now in this conference and I don't see it getting that much better. Plus if most of the good OOC games are in NY and NJ how does that help us.

C

Chief00

@Kenny11 can you post what you paid per seat for 2018-2019 so I can compare?

Assuming there are 10 XL games, @ $11.50 per ticket per game I don't think that is a bad price if you are not too high up in 213.
There were 9 XL games last season.

Reaction Score
No offense but he’s the ATHLETIC DIRECTOR of course he owns all of this.

He owns the jerks on the phone telling people the loyal fans will fill it up.

He owns all of this insanity. All of it.

If he does not own this then what DOES he own? How can one be so well paid but accountable for nothing?

C

Chief00

I paid 2,432 for my seats this year. Next year for the same seats they will be 5,972. Tell me how that makes any sense?
We are coming off a losing season, hence UConn Think, is the rationale for the increase.

C

Chief00

How does anyone who has season’s tickets not have loyalty to the program? Why would we want to push anyone out when we have attendance issues before doubling prices?

Reaction Score
I spoke to my rep today because I wanted to add a ticket since I now have another child who needs a ticket which will now become harder because I will have to go through the process like a new season ticket holder instead of an existing. Based on that I’ll have to decide whether to keep doing this....

It’s sad because they are actually disincentivising donation. I previously donated more than I would have to for my tickets this year but now why would I add the extra donation? Especially now that according to the donor benefit chart everyone pretty much gets the same benefits at every level....

Also, I love how they are marketing this as what “we” asked for. As if people not wanting to relocate their seats every year after years of loyalty meant they wanted This.
The only reason any of us "wanted this" was because we tried to get better seats every year and it was just a waste of time because we ended up with the same seats anyway.

Reaction Score
We are coming off a losing season, hence UConn Think, is the rationale for the increase.
A underperforming program in a tedious conference. Hey, let's jack up prices.

Reaction Score
How does anyone who has season’s tickets not have loyalty to the program? Why would we want to push anyone out when we have attendance issues before doubling prices?
The problem they are having is people have tons of priority points from when they were easy to get but have donated the minimum for years. So I guess they figure this is how they get them to pay or leave.

But they didn’t see how this would hurt the people who have been donating and getting tickets for years.

Reaction Score
And the worst part is there will be folks not as loyal only buying tickets to 1-2 games that will pay a fraction of the price to walk into either gym. Sorry but an open practice isn’t much of an enticement when you are getting fleeced compared to the “casual” fan.

Reaction Score
There were 9 XL games last season.
OK. Whatever. I can do the math. Can someone can tell me how much a season ticket in sec 213 at XL cost in 2018-2019? Thanks.

calluke

#FreeHat!
Reaction Score
Conspiracy kitty thinks an invite to the Big 10 is coming soon!

Reaction Score
Wow, I have been a season ticket holder for 34 years, $400 seat donation for 9 or 10 games per venue, if they were playing in the ACC with some real marque games that would be one thing, but the market will not support this pricing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom