Season Tickets for 2019-2020 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Season Tickets for 2019-2020

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Let’s have our HOF Coach trash our downtown arena, then we will hit them with the fee. Okay.

Reaction Score
Is this an annual fee or one time charge? I usually donate a bit to the school and have my company match it. I just won’t do that anymore if they are charging this each season. And someone mentioned the football seat donations. I sit in seats with no fee attached and may do the same here and just move to different seats when I get in cuz there are going to be tons of empty seats

Reaction Score
Is this an annual fee or one time charge? I usually donate a bit to the school and have my company match it. I just won’t do that anymore if they are charging this each season. And someone mentioned the football seat donations. I sit in seats with no fee attached and may do the same here and just move to different seats when I get in cuz there are going to be tons of empty seats
every year

Reaction Score
Every year and I don’t think you’ll be able to get this matched. Tried years ago with football with no success

Reaction Score
every year

OK thanks for the info. Then I am likely out. And they will lose on the company match from my donation. I'll just buy single game tickets to ones I feel like attending. They are going to lose a ton of season ticket holders and not really gain new ones to replace them. And you will have LOTS of lower bowl empty seats - not a good look

Siv

Reaction Score
At least I'll be able to take advanatge of the one-time ticket and priority points transfer opportunity. I've never been happy that points could not be passed along to future generations. Now I can put them in my son's name and keep them in the family for years to come.

Reaction Score
At least I'll be able to take advanatge of the one-time ticket and priority points transfer opportunity. I've never been happy that points could not be passed along to future generations. Now I can put them in my son's name and keep them in the family for years to come.
You think that's a smart move? My dad is also looking at doing that too.

Reaction Score
I’d probably just but the value or red section and likely move down every game. If it happens to be packed the seats aren’t that bad in the uppers.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Somebody’s gotta pay for the weak ESPN deal, mind as well be the fan.

Siv

Reaction Score
You think that's a smart move? My dad is also looking at doing that too.
I’m Going to call the athletic department and walk through the option.
Interesting that they elected to roll this out after the football ticket deadline passed

Reaction Score
I’m Going to call the athletic department and walk through the option.
Interesting that they elected to roll this out after the football ticket deadline passed
Keep us posted

Reaction Score
I am not a season ticket holder but go to so many games (all sports) that I was assigned a ticket rep a few years ago. They have been trying to get me to buy season tickets for years but based on my donation level and the fact that there are so many easy ways to get seats cheap it hasn’t made sense. My rep called me a few weeks ago about this whole thing and I got the feeling they are banking on the team being really good in the next few years and UConn men’s basketball being a hot ticket again soon. For a guy who donates but only @ a low level and not for many years, this is a good thing because now I have a chance at a great season ticket if I pony up the $$. But I agree with all of the posts in this thread that they are taking a huge gamble alienating their most loyal fans to do this.

He also told me that existing season ticket holders would get first crack at buying into the new system and could get their current seats if they paid the season seat donation. Not sure if that was confirmed in the email communication.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
If there plan was to turn XL/Gampel ticketing policy into Rentschler then mission accomplished.

Bad product, bad opponent, bad prices.

Who wouldn't want to pay a premium for that and commit to a whole season, when you can buy a ticket in the parking lot, downtown, or on campus for $5 (or cheaper).

Reaction Score
They dont care about 'loyalty' just money. Similar to how loyal fans got bumped to worse seats or out altogether after the 1999 Natty when UConn became the hottest ticket going and people and corporations dropped huge donations & sponsorships. The people who buy into this will stop real quick if we don't regain prominence in the near future. Would have been better off waiting till we were relevant again.

Reaction Score
They could be #1 in the country and some of those prices are nuts.

If you are plunking down $5k for UConn basketball tickets and don’t have a net worth >$5 million you need to see a mental health care professional.
Resident expert!

C

Chief00

What’s misleading is the $400 seat donation is really $800, if you have seats in both buildings. Add in the approximately $400 season ticket for each building and the bottomline is $1,600 for a season ticket.

So if you get two seats in each building it’s $3,200. This is before any UConn foundation donation.

So the true price is $100 per game for a seat. When you look at the schedule, we are repeating tbe genius of the mid field seat back seating at The Rent. I really have to question AD Dave business IQ. Yes, you will make more money if you don’t lose customers - but the later is likely. Attendance has fallen since the glory days without doubling tbe price of seats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom