Season Ticket Renewals | The Boneyard

Season Ticket Renewals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I received the email this morning to renew season tickets. I have both XL and Gampel. No way am I paying 3x more than last year for my Gample seats. It doesn't look like there is an option to renew one but not the other. Anyone else have same issue? If they do not allow you to elect renewing one and not the other that would be terrible.

Reaction Score
call the ticket office. But they just may be swamped at the moment.

Reaction Score
Gotta wonder if they were hoping we'd make a deeper tournament run when they quadrupled ticket prices. Or if they were just capitalizing on the pre-tournament enthusiasm in the program that has since dropped pretty drastically because of multiple devastating losses as a better seed.

4x the cost is an enthusiastic fanbase and a winning program kind of price, not a "our coach has 2 years to figure out how to win close/important games" price.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
Sign into your account & go to the Season Ticket Renewal page. On my there is an option to edit for each sport/venue. You should be able to renew what you want & opt into the reseating process.

Reaction Score
So far UConn twitter far more upset than UConn boneyard.
Storrs South summed it up perfectly in the post below. The chaos on twitter is mostly that try hard hotballs being idiotic per usual. The perfect argument is what SS posted below, hopefully they come to their senses soon and at least grandfather in some folks. There aren't many pain points, just a few sections would have to be taken care of.

Season Ticket Changes coming or something else?

Reaction Score
Storrs South summed it up perfectly in the post below. The chaos on twitter is mostly that try hard hotballs being idiotic per usual. The perfect argument is what SS posted below, hopefully they come to their senses soon and at least grandfather in some folks. There aren't many pain points, just a few sections would have to be taken care of.

Season Ticket Changes coming or something else?
If they just don't change the sections allocated to Husky Value sections, they'd get a fraction of the blowback (if any). Can't market something as a Forever Seat and ask for COVID donations then jack up prices exponentially.

Reaction Score
As a non season ticket holder, curious how much tickets will be. Moved to Northern VT in 2013 which is why I gave up my seats. Still go to a couple of games every year and much prefer Gampel

Reaction Score
Im in Husky Value heading into my second year. Paid $250 last year after donation for two tickets. My section is now a “student section” but I am still able to renew and an now at $300. I expected a jump up from my intro year so I’m pretty happy as 224 was not a busy section last year, except for PC and Nova. In some games, Creighton and Butler specifically, my two were the only seats being used.

Hopefully this means more students fill in next year at XL

Reaction Score
Im in Husky Value heading into my second year. Paid $250 last year after donation for two tickets. My section is now a “student section” but I am still able to renew and an now at $300. I expected a jump up from my intro year so I’m pretty happy as 224 was not a busy section last year, except for PC and Nova. In some games, Creighton and Butler specifically, my two were the only seats being used.

Hopefully this means more students fill in next year at XL
Which section? I wasn't aware they expanded the student section.

Reaction Score
224 …. student section in light blue now, I don’t recall last year being any in the 220s and now its a good chunk of that end zone seating
F8A34389-D629-456A-BED5-6EE9D3B45BB5.jpeg

Reaction Score
Which section? I wasn't aware they expanded the student section.

224 …. student section in light blue now, I don’t recall last year being any in the 220s and now its a good chunk of that end zone seating View attachment 75745
We've got 2 seats in 223. Same thing now labeled student section. But are still my seats.

Reaction Score
I posted this in the other thread. I am in 201 row E at XL which I would have kept forever except now we got moved from Husky Value to Upper Sideline. I got moved from the best location in Husky Value to the worst location in Upper Sideline.

Obviously not happy about them re-allocating seats but understand they have their reasons. That being said, they should be doing something for those of us being displaced. What are my options? It makes absolutely no sense to keep my current seats. I would either move to a better section in Upper Sideline or to a new section in Husky Value. Do I renew then move in August? Do I just not renew and buy new? Has anyone in this situation called the ticket office? I know there were a few us in 201 on this board.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I received the email this morning to renew season tickets. I have both XL and Gampel. No way am I paying 3x more than last year for my Gample seats. It doesn't look like there is an option to renew one but not the other. Anyone else have same issue? If they do not allow you to elect renewing one and not the other that would be terrible.
I had the ability to choose either or both - go back and check - but at those prices it might be a moot point

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
If they just don't change the sections allocated to Husky Value sections, they'd get a fraction of the blowback (if any). Can't market something as a Forever Seat and ask for COVID donations then jack up prices exponentially.
Its Benedict - its his decision

Reaction Score
I posted this in the other thread. I am in 201 row E at XL which I would have kept forever except now we got moved from Husky Value to Upper Sideline. I got moved from the best location in Husky Value to the worst location in Upper Sideline.

Obviously not happy about them re-allocating seats but understand they have their reasons. That being said, they should be doing something for those of us being displaced. What are my options? It makes absolutely no sense to keep my current seats. I would either move to a better section in Upper Sideline or to a new section in Husky Value. Do I renew then move in August? Do I just not renew and buy new? Has anyone in this situation called the ticket office? I know there were a few us in 201 on this board.
Call the ticket office and they’ll let you relocate now. I saw some dopes on Twitter saying the ticket office said they can’t but that’s not true. I did it and so did 2 of my friends. I had to move up 2 rows not a big deal since I end up moving into open seats in the 100’s every game anyways

Reaction Score
I looked at our increase - on the fence right now about renewing vs. only buying the tasty games on the secondary market. I assume with the price increases at the XL it means the ratio of XL/Gampel games will remain roughly as they have in the past.

Reaction Score
Call the ticket office and they’ll let you relocate now. I saw some dopes on Twitter saying the ticket office said they can’t but that’s not true. I did it and so did 2 of my friends. I had to move up 2 rows not a big deal since I end up moving into open seats in the 100’s every game anyways
Thanks. I called them and yes they will move me to a new Husky Value section now. Unfortunately, the best available in Husky Value is nowhere near comparable to what I currently have. I don't mind moving over a section but getting displaced from the front row aisle to way back up in the section and in the middle is hard to swallow. I guess I will take some time to think about it. Honestly, I would have been more inclined to upgrade to a better section in the upper sideline but he said I cannot do that until the reallocation happens in August and there really isn't much available there right now either.

I am leaning to just dropping my season tickets and take my chances on Stub Hub next year...

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
A smarter approach to all of this would have been to leave the ticket prices the same, but then charge more for the bathroom and to leave.

A second can't miss idea, only charge more on the games they win using the "credit card on file."

Two cant miss ideas.

Reaction Score
I believe for XL center, everything below ROW K is considered the newer 3x last year price. And the husky value now starts above that, could be wrong on the row #. I moved to a more central section than where i was but had to go higher up. Still not happy.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I called them and yes they will move me to a new Husky Value section now. Unfortunately, the best available in Husky Value is nowhere near comparable to what I currently have. I don't mind moving over a section but getting displaced from the front row aisle to way back up in the section and in the middle is hard to swallow. I guess I will take some time to think about it. Honestly, I would have been more inclined to upgrade to a better section in the upper sideline but he said I cannot do that until the reallocation happens in August and there really isn't much available there right now either.

I am leaning to just dropping my season tickets and take my chances on Stub Hub next year...

I'm in same boat. What irks me (more than the price increase) is that new season ticket holders got to choose all of the best available husky value seats before current season ticket holders got to relocate. So instead of first row in my section (current location) I would have to move over 2 sections and about 15 rows further back to stay in the husky value range.

Complete garbage. I will not be renewing.

Reaction Score
I feel bad for the people answering the phone in the ticket office.
100% nailed it. When I called back in March to ask about my tickets I could audibly hear the panic in the guys voice when the topic came up. Can only imagine how some of these animals are treating them.

Reaction Score
Has anyone done an actual comparison of season ticket prices compared to other big east programs? Is this really what fans of other programs are paying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom