Sean Miller | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sean Miller

Reaction Score
z.jpg

Reaction Score
Looked over at an Arizona Board and they are convinced that miller did nothing wrong and Dawkins was trying to incriminate him. Always a nice to check in on the other side.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Looked over at an Arizona Board and they are convinced that miller did nothing wrong and Dawkins was trying to incriminate him. Always a nice to check in on the other side.

I have two friends that are U of A alums. One is in total denial, the other thinks Miller has disgraced the entire university. I tend to agree with the latter viewpoint.

Reaction Score
I have no doubt these guys are being paid, but i think the bigger question is how the cash is getting to their parties involved. It's pretty hard to be paying these kinds of sums in cash given bank reporting laws, and wire or checks are traceable unless they are to non disclosed parties. There's criminal and tax charges which can come out of this stuff. Lot of money to be flying around.

Reaction Score
Everyone is being paid including the judges in some cases I believe. Most P5 seem to be protected as you see all the little guys get nuclear bombs thrown at them.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Why can't UConn get that kind of protection and resources?

Pay for play has always been around.Looks as though bidding wars will become the norm between colleges/sneakers vs.G league-internships for good to great high school kids who do not project as 1st rounders. Reference Darius Bazley.

Reaction Score
All the tweets I see from Arizona fans are pretty funny, most say something along the lines of Miller being innocent and the fbi/ncaa clearing him, and that felons are just trying to throw him under the bus to save their own asses. Do they not realize that these quotes are coming from wiretapped calls that Dawkins/coaches didn’t know were being listened in on?

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Remember when we got in trouble for too many text messages and non-compliance. Loved the quote...

"Not only that, the NCAA added to the terms of the self-imposed sanctions that UConn set forth in September. There is a three-year period of probation beginning Tuesday, a reduction in scholarships through 2012-13, recruiting restrictions and more. Some will say it's not enough. Some will say it's too harsh. Either way, it's not what Calhoun expected."

C

Chief00

Because none of this matters to them nor is it surprising. They are banking on this to blow over and Sean Miller to continue to land stud recruits. All is good in Arizona for now.
Outside of CT and the Northeast that’s how things are viewed.

Reaction Score
What I find the funniest about the whole Sean Miller saga is that AZ still thinks Miller will get them a title. He always gets great talent and does less with more than any coach in NCAA.

AZ imo might be better off moving on whether Miller skates by or not. I think AZ will get talent enough to win without Miller so I'm baffled what they are clinging to.

Reaction Score
I think we have 2 things. First, this explains the Cal Tech penalty. Second college basketball has ceased being about “college” in any real way. Until some plans to do away with 1-done/transfer nonsense this stuff will continue

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Arizona ain’t a blue blood, I bet they’ll come down on them hard to set an example. That way UNC, Duke, Kentucky will be allowed to skate.

Then the NBA will change the rules to allow high schoolers to enter the draft.

C

Chief00

Yeah, he could be innocent. :rolleyes:
A man or woman, in our system, is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately with cable news programs seeking ratings, website seeking clicks and politicians trying to appeal to ignorant voters, as a society we have gotten away from that in high profile cases. I hope the old tradition returns soon.

Reaction Score
A man or woman, in our system, is innocent until proven guilty. Unfortunately with cable news programs seeking ratings, website seeking clicks and politicians trying to appeal to ignorant voters, as a society we have gotten away from that in high profile cases. I hope the old tradition returns soon.

Chief, this is my opinion not the legal system my friend. There is a difference I agree. And I hope he gets his opportunity to clear his name if he feels he should.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This isn't "our system" though. It's the NCAA and the schools rules.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What I find the funniest about the whole Sean Miller saga is that AZ still thinks Miller will get them a title. He always gets great talent
... and now we know why.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
How about shooting baskets with a recruit? Now that is really bad!
I heard about this guy. He robbed a bank, beat the tellers and fled. On the way outside he bumped in this sweet little old lady who was on her way back from the park where she liked to read the newspaper. Sure he could have just hopped in the car and left but instead he looked her in the eye and stabbed her through heart. Then he calmly pulled out the blade, and while watching her die, wiped it her newspaper and, laughing, threw the newspaper on the ground hopped in the car and drove off. Well they caught the bastard and he got the death penalty.

I can't believe they kill people in this country for littering.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

This isn't "our system" though. It's the NCAA and the schools rules.
I don’t know specifically, but I assume both the school and NCAA have reasonable or preponderance of evidence standards and can’t just be the “news” and social media Wild West.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom