Score predictions for Chattanooga | The Boneyard

Score predictions for Chattanooga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are you folks thinking as this one approaches.....it'll be here before you know it, even though we can hardly wait for tip-off.
To keep calcuations more simple, will focus on WINNER and MARGIN primarily, with precision of score prediction itself serving just as a tie-breaker if needed: who wins....by how much....score...and the "why" of your reasoning if you wish.
( The "why" does seem to provide quite a bit of interesting reading for some of the Yarders)
PS - as a little kid, I knew the colors and mascots of almost every team; more complicated today as there are so many more colleges now.....don't know much about these guys....Tigers and purple and gold come to mind, but no idea why......am guessing they are probably not the "Choo Choos, " ?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Chat is 3-4 but they have played a tough schedule with losses to Florida (ranked), Indiana (ranked at the time) and L'ville. It's a home game for UCONN and if we are even close to firing on all cylinders, this could be very ugly. I'm not as interested in the score as I am in UCONN's consistency. I'd like to see us win each quarter by at least 7-10 points, not have a big lull where we either lose the quarter, or eek it out by a point or 2. The Lady Mocs just lost to Wisc Green Bay by 16. I think we win by 40+

UCONN 90
Chattanooga 46

Reaction Score
The first of two games with teams that really like to shoot the three. Might be closer than we think. 82 to 64

Reaction Score
Saw the Mocs play Green Bay and they did not look good at all. 85 - 52

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Post thanksgiving offensive slump,
UCONN 76 Chattanooga 51

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Huskies 77
Chatt 60

Close game early. UConn gets focused after halftime.

Reaction Score
Not concerned about either; it will be a UConn win.

The key to this game is that Foster is a VERY good coach (picked him to supplant HW at TN if she didn't return for 2016-17), and therefore his team will be prepared. They will play a solid game, and likely will have a twist or two for the Huskies to deal with that other, lesser coaches likely would not have thought of, and that the better coaches out there may have planned to pull out later in the season.

This game is a primer for the Huskies. I hope that the series continues; it is good for both schools.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Uconn 88 Chattanoga choo choo 53

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Maine just beat Chatty 49-39 down in Springfield. I don't think that UConn will have many problems beating up on the Mocs.;)

You stole my thunder mainejeff. Maine held Chattanooga to 17 points in the 2nd half. Maine's record is 3-4. If Chatty can't break 40 against a 3-4 team, how much of a threat can they be? Maine's defense is nowhere near that of UConn. I concur with your observation, UConn wins this one easily, and the bench gets lots of playing time. My guess: 85-45 UConn going away.

Reaction Score
Post thanksgiving offensive slump,
UCONN 76 Chattanooga 51

HF: almost sent out a HUMOR GAME BALL for this one as well; but I wasn't sure if you really thought a 25 point win would be the result of too much turkey, or if you were making a funny. Sorry to be dense....but I don't like to hand out these game balls of any sort willy-nilly. Clarify if you wish: I certainly trust you.....even with so much at stake. ;) Joking or serious in your post?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
UConn 50 points in the paint, or more
Chatt 22 points in the paint, or less

Reaction Score
As Geno usually does when UConn plays a friendly coach/school that he doesn't want to run up the score, he will yell at his best players when they make one tiny mistake and pull them out for long long periods to keep them from scoring and embarrassing the other team and put his subs in as a punishment to his stars. Unless Chattanooga is totally hopeless the score will be 77-52.

Reaction Score
80-55.

After Tuesday things get wild. A December to remember is just about here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom