Score prediction thread for OREGON | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Score prediction thread for OREGON

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Part of me loves Eric's pick, including his reasoning. The Ducks have had some very low-scoring games his season.

Part of me is a little concerned and also worried about mojo, given that this is the toughest game. That side says UConn by 70-65.

Reaction Score
83-74

This is the game that worries me the most. Oregon is playing their best basketball of the season, and they have many of the qualities needed to make it a game with Connecticut:

Multiple, accurate 3-pt shooters
Competent and scoring point guard
Legitimate size and mobility in the post

Reaction Score
76-62 Huskies

Napheesa did not seem happy after the UCLA game and I'm guessing that sentiment was shared across the team. I think they come out hungry and determined and win even with Oregon hitting some threes and slowing the tempo down. It will be close until UConn opens about a 15 point lead at halftime and Oregon whittles it down in the second half, but UConn pulls away in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Wasn't there something too where an opposing coach and good friend of Geno said you never wanted to play UConn after a bad/sloppy game? While there has only been a day between games, I have no doubt (okay, maybe a little to appease the mojo gods) that they will come out incredibly focused.

Reaction Score
Oregon is a good team, but we'll know in the first 5 minutes if their freshman have come to play or the situation, crowd, or UConn jerseys have them spooked.

UConn is excellent at moving the ball and finding the open player. In its last 5 losses, Oregon has had fewer assists than each of its opponents. UConn's athleticism and defense needs to "gum up" the Oregon offense and make them into one on one players. Gabby on Ionescu and Nurse on Bando. I think the Oregon stars will get their points, but will needs lots of shots to get them. UConn pushes the pace and another good game by Chong = UConn by 18.

Reaction Score
will not be surprised if it is a 30+ blow out.
But I predict it to be a closer one, 82-64

Reaction Score
UCONN 88 - 64 Looking back at the Ducks record this year it appears that they seldom scored above the 70s and lost in the high 50's and 60's. Since I don't know their opponents, scores don't help much, but highest win I could find against the Ducks was 99, and most scores 80's or less.
I liked this team's spunk and spark a lot and while I expect we will roll over them I hope for good things from them in the future. Liked the coach, too.

Good post.

The Ducks' highest score in the last 11 games is . . . 77 . . . against Maryland. So, I don't expect them to exceed (much less greatly exceed), say, 65 points against UConn.

UConn, on the other hand, has scored no less than 63 points over the past 11 games. (And that was the Tulane debacle.) Throw that game out, and UConn has scored less than 80 points once in the last 10 games.

These figures can't tell the whole story. We know the Ducks play a more deliberately tempoed game. So we can expect scores of those games to be low. Of course, UConn would regularly have scores in the high 90s and 100s if it didn't pull its starters at the beginning of the 4th quarter or earlier. That's no slight. We have a limited bench. And at times, it has struggled to score in (sorry) garbage time. Look back over the season, and you'll see a pretty consistent trend of low scoring by UConn in the 4th quarter.

I'm looking forward to a great game. And I won't be surprised if the Ducks hang tough. Who knows? Sabrina Ionescu (who you have to love) may have the game of her young, soon-to-be storied career.

But then, so could Lou.

or Kia.

or Crystal.

or Saniya.

Meanwhile, Phees and Gabby will take care of business as usual. (And, to quote Tom Wilkerson in Michael Clayton, "You don't need me to tell you what that means!")

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Mojo insurance...

UConn 77
Box 'O Quackers 79

Yeah, I know. It's called "madness" for a reason.

Reaction Score
It appears that several previous posters have a similar impression to mine. Reaching 80 against the Ducks is sufficient to win.
We'll do a bit better than that. UConn 90, Ducks 65. MOV: 25

Reaction Score
As a born and lived CTYankee- 40 years there --40 plus plus away--I'll steal your thunder---
85 UConn 72 ducks.

To emulate an oldtime sound and voice emulator---Mel Blanc---Qaaaak Qaaak Kwack!! Just don't have the training and conditioning to put up more KWACK's. I tought I thaw a cat---

Reaction Score
Oregon pic.jpg

Here are the forecasts that have been posted before I had to leave for the game in Bridgeport. There were 14 new forecasters this game, and a huge variation in opinions. Massey has a MOV of 21. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Mojo insurance...

UConn 77
Box 'O Quackers 79

Yeah, I know. It's called "madness" for a reason.
If you were a true Yellow Green Duck---I'd cheer your cheering---Benedict Arnold, a patriot crippled in defense of the Fledgling USA
Could have been a hero---You who have not done so much---
Seems like you and Major Andre have sold out the White and Blue ( with a stripe of red)---you'll not get to be General this way.l Tought I thaw a Puzzy

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I don't have a score prediction, but this shows what happens when a Husky sees a duck in it's pond!!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
UConn 92-71.

Reaction Score
What is amazing is with all the colorful words and hints at color full words used in the Boney ared
Cat was not allowed ---along with the proper spelling what I call my cats every day of their existence.
I understand that Puzzy (spelled correctly) has a meaning someone may not appreciate--but the manner
it was used in using a Mel Blanc's famous statement ---I tought I thaw a pu---y. Seems Political
Correctness is cutting out even words used in and innocuous comments about the DUCKS.

No need to lecture---I know your reasoning--and it is wrong.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
If you were a true Yellow Green Duck---I'd cheer your cheering---Benedict Arnold, a patriot crippled in defense of the Fledgling USA
Could have been a hero---You who have not done so much---
Seems like you and Major Andre have sold out the White and Blue ( with a stripe of red)---you'll not get to be General this way.l Tought I thaw a Puzzy

Yikes. Is marijuana legal in your state?

Reaction Score
Ionescu is the closest thing I've seen to DT since DT.

That said, I don't expect Katie Lou to play poorly two games in a row. She had more bad TO's against UCLA than she has in a month of games. And her shooting was off...for her.

KLS will return to form. Gabby and Napheesa will be brilliant as always. Which will spell Doom for the Ducks. UConn wins 87 -63.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom